***Live from the Sojourn, 20-day Iberian and Celtic Sojourn***

PS - A truly grande Grande Dame never bellows.

Yes, but she was ONLY a Grande Dame and NOT a grande Grande Dame...still "classy" of her to announce herself to everyone on the gangway.:rolleyes:;):rolleyes:

Now Cello44 and et al...off to Lunch now and then out to seek adventurous tales in Portimao!..:)

Yes, but she was ONLY a Grande Dame and NOT a grande Grande Dame...still "classy" of her to announce herself to everyone on the gangway.:rolleyes:;):rolleyes:

Now Cello44 and et al...off to Lunch now and then out to seek adventurous tales in Portimao!..:)

ST - this is what I LOVE about you - you take it all in your stride and in spite of it all - you are a true Grand Traveller, you tell it like it is, and you ENJOY your travels in the real world. You also daily entertain us with your tales, which I have to say I don't think I would be so generous in giving up my precious holiday time to do!

I really find it quite extraordinary the reactions of some of our US cousins, Grande Dame or nit, when they travel, this reporting is a classic and rather sorry and pathetic example! Some seem unable to embrace the real world or indeed even bother to seek it out!

I find it odd that fellow passengers ( and CC members to boot) on Seabourn choose to communicate through the sterile medium of a keyboard.

Come on ST and Cello44, forget Kipling, why don't you twain meet. Share a glass or two and who knows, you may be able to make make sweet music.

ST - I really find it quite extraordinary the reactions of some of our US cousins, Grande Dame or nit, when they travel, this reporting is a classic and rather sorry and pathetic example! Some seem unable to embrace the real world or indeed even bother to seek it out!

Oh come on Fairbourne, just look at their, excuse me our US cousins reaction to gay marriage, this kind of behaviour does not surprise!

Thank you ST for your posts, I like them!

Jimmyw9

I find it odd that fellow passengers ( and CC members to boot) on Seabourn choose to communicate through the sterile medium of a keyboard.

Come on ST and Cello44, forget Kipling, why don't you twain meet. Share a glass or two and who knows, you may be able to make make sweet music.

Agreed...now would be a good a time as any with 4 capirihinas in me after lunch at the Patio Grill! Portimao will look like poaradise too me no doubt.:D

Post Lunch Update; Portimao, Portugal

Had a great lunch by the pool with Bobby the Cruise Director and Annabel the Social Hostess if you can call 3 slices of pizza and four caipirhinas lunch.:eek:...more like a liquid lunch.

It has started to cloud over here in Portimao but you can still catch a good tan as the rays are still very strong even with the overcast skies. I am going to go and venture out into Portimao even if it's for all of 1 hour.

The Sojourn set sail at 5:00pm for Lisbon, Portugal and the all aboard time is 4:30pm. The temperature outside has remained at 27C or 80F all day long....very nice to have this warmth for at least another couple of days before we reach Dublin, Ierland.

More to come from the Sojourn here in Portimao, Portugal until 5:00pm.;)

Oh come on Fairbourne, just look at their, excuse me our US cousins reaction to gay marriage, this kind of behaviour does not surprise!

Thank you ST for your posts, I like them!

Jimmyw9

Yes Jimmyw9, No it certainly doesn't surprise but I was trying to be a bit diplomatic in my choice of words! ;):) but I DO know what you mean!!!

Have you been lurking all this time? Why are you not posting I want to know???LOL!

MrM - a good glass of wine will sort them out eh! And what a lucky lady MrsM is! Are you going to tell us which anniversary you will be celebrating? Sorry that should be asked on another thread! :eek:

Post Lunch Update; Portimao, Portugal

Had a great lunch by the pool with Bobby the Cruise Director and Annabel the Social Hostess if you can call 3 slices of pizza and four caipirhinas lunch.:eek:...more like a liquid lunch.

That's why your p!55:p:Dd!!!!L!

I hope you remembered to say hi from me to Annabel - will she still be on board in Scotland?

Yes Jimmyw9, No it certainly doesn't surprise but I was trying to be a bit diplomatic in my choice of words! ;):) but I DO know what you mean!!!

Have you been lurking all this time? Why are you not posting I want to know???LOL!

MrM - a good glass of wine will sort them out eh! And what a lucky lady MrsM is! Are you going to tell us which anniversary you will be celebrating? Sorry that should be asked on another thread! :eek:

Hey Fairbourne, I have been busy. Having spent most of this year recovering from surgery on my neck and then having our Civil Partnership and then the honeymoon, I am now back to what the commoners call work!! :)

Hey Fairbourne, I have been busy. Having spent most of this year recovering from surgery on my neck and then having our Civil Partnership and then the honeymoon, I am now back to what the commoners call work!! :)

Jimmyw9 - Congratulations! :D Wishing you all the happiness in the world!:D

It's a bummer isn't it this work thing, gets in the way of luxury cruising, unless your name is ST! ;):) And he thinks I'm going to bake him breadsticks! Huh, he's got another think coming! LOL!

Sorry, I am sworn to secrecy by she who must be obeyed. This on the basis that if I was to reveal all, her contention that she was a child bride might be blown.

Suffice to say we have been married long enough for me to apply for time off for good behaviour. I doubt it will be granted.

And back on topic, ST brace yourself for the shock as you enter British waters - the weather forecast is grim.

MARIANH: Yes we see your weather forecast....Prince Charles just did it and it was all over our news. He even showed a sense of humor!! Poor Fairbourne, sure didn't look good for Scotland. I do love your parts of the world but I certainly would travel a lot if I lived there. Felt the same way about Ireland...cold rainy and dreary except for the occasional sunshine. I did think the wonderful people made up for it! And when all else fails, there's a wonderful pub on every corner!

Departure from Portimao, Enroute to Lisbon;

We have just sailed out past the break waters from Portimao and now enroute in open seas for Lisbon, Portugal. Captain Eliiott explained that tonight we should have moderate sea swells but nothing serious.

Also we will be passing Cape Saint Verde around 9:30pm but will be some 15 miles offshore so not sure how much we will see.

Tomorrow morning we will be picking up our pilot very early around 5:30am near Belem, Portugal and then making our way towards the port of Lisbon. For those of you who have never had the pleasure of sailing into or out of Lisbon it is a port worthwhile staying up for to see us manoeuvre ourselves past the only other replica to size of the "Corcovado" in Rio de Janeiro is in Lisbon on the hill top as you enter the mouth of the Port of Lisbon welcoming all. There is also the huge suspension bridge as well that we will be sailing under. We should be alongside our berth before 7:00am tomorrow and the weather forecast is calling for an extremely hot day tomorrow in Lisbon with a high of 86F or 32C.

Portimao, granted could be labeled as a sh*thole, but the beaches were pristine and very clean. I think to appreciate Portimao IMO one needed to be on a tour and not just venture in by shuttle bus with so little time ashore and an early sail time.

As tonight looks to be another good night to dine under the stars, I will be "slumming it" and going to the Patio Grill for "Surf and Turf" whereby those unmentionable little critters will no doubt be served en masse!

More to follow later tonight from the Sojourn now enroute for Lisbon, Portugal.;):eek:;)

And back on topic, ST brace yourself for the shock as you enter British waters - the weather forecast is grim.

Yes looks like ST, will have to get out the thermal underwear and woolies again as it looks to be yet another "Polar Express Part II Cruise":eek::mad::eek:

Departure from Portimao, Enroute to Lisbon;

We have just sailed out past the break waters from Portimao and now enroute in open seas for Lisbon, Portugal. Captain Eliiott explained that tonight we should have moderate sea swells but nothing serious.

Also we will be passing Cape Saint Verde around 9:30pm but will be some 15 miles offshore so not sure how much we will see.

Tomorrow morning we will be picking up our pilot very early around 5:30am near Belem, Portugal and then making our way towards the port of Lisbon. For those of you who have never had the pleasure of sailing into or out of Lisbon it is a port worthwhile staying up for to see us manoeuvre ourselves past the only other replica to size of the "Corcovado" in Rio de Janeiro is in Lisbon on the hill top as you enter the mouth of the Port of Lisbon welcoming all. There is also the huge suspension bridge as well that we will be sailing under. We should be alongside our berth before 7:00am tomorrow and the weather forecast is calling for an extremely hot day tomorrow in Lisbon with a high of 86F or 32C.

Portimao, granted could be labeled as a sh*thole, but the beaches were pristine and very clean. I think to appreciate Portimao IMO one needed to be on a tour and not just venture in by shuttle bus with so little time ashore and an early sail time.

As tonight looks to be another good night to dine under the stars, I will be "slumming it" and going to the Patio Grill for "Surf and Turf" whereby those unmentionable little critters will no doubt be served en masse!

More to follow later tonight from the Sojourn now enroute for Lisbon, Portugal.;):eek:;)

Cape St Verde or Cape St. Vincent?

As an early riser, you should get a good view of Belem as you sail past on your way up the Tagus. Depending where you dock you may get some great views of central Lisbon too. We left Lisbon on Sojourn in October 2010 and I really enjoyed the sail downriver.

Did you find the baker and coffee shop in Portimao?

Cape St Verde or Cape St. Vincent?

As an early riser, you should get a good view of Belem as you sail past on your way up the Tagus. Depending where you dock you may get some great views of central Lisbon too. We left Lisbon on Sojourn in October 2010 and I really enjoyed the sail downriver.

Did you find the baker and coffee shop in Portimao?

Pardon me I believe it was Cape St-Vincent...Gotta lay off those Caipirinhas! Sadly, I did find one bakery but was closed for "siesta time" as I headed out after 2:30pm today.:mad:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvXu8TcKvAamN_yFEBthJD-0VeyY16mbA4NMryLkm4L9t8F0SDZA

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVP_bns-W6QCZDr-Dz1luVLPSvDWkSINj8pAuwmcCqi85kqVhBAA

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQTInyYTnUR653LnzKae3LjGpQsNnp2RnhWY58hjQdAn483ySyiQ

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSMxeRPUgXFeuUF8Pv8PQpItO5DoiEY0qTV3Voo-_2QwyvHszzq5w

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUFwAdfhtlpK-_Kcec_Utw7qaZDF_zq9QIXhHKin6vFH2l-WG-Xw

It was in Portimao on Seabourn Pride that Ian the barman and his staff decided to have a competition to see who could mix the best Mojitos. My wife and I were judge and jury.

The trainee won :eek::D:D

Dinning Options Onboard Tonight;

The Restaurant

FIRST COURSE

Gingered Shrimp Roll, seaweed salad, grilled scallion

Layered Herb Marinated Goat Cheese Flan, fresh tomato presto dressing

Crisp Codfish-Potato Brandade Cake, composed tomatoes

Yukon Gold Potato & Chorizo Potage, braised escarole

Corn & Lemongrass Soup, lobster salad, spicy shrimp roll

Mache & Red Beets, crisp shallots and navel oranges

Baby Field Greens with Smoked Salmon, poached egg, crisp potatoes, horseradish dill vinaigrette

MAIN COURSE

Pan Roasted Salmon, arugula scented basmati rice, ratatouille, yello tomato coulis

Seared Scallops & Shrimp, homemade fettuccine, green vegetables, pommery mustard cream

Pan Sauteed Pork Tenderloin, green apple coulis, braised red cabbage, roast potatoes. madeira sauce

Engllish Cut Roast Beef, sauteed vegetables, truffled duchesse potatoes, jus natural

Vegetarian- Crisp Polenta & Mushroom Cake, creamy leek stew and tomato fondue

Restaurant 2;

Foie Gras Creme Brulee, Syrah Honey Syrup

Crisp Duck Confit Filo, Navy Bean Cassoulet

Smoked Duck Carppaccio, Foie Gras Terrine, Arugula

Lobster & Lemongrass Presse, Lobster Herb Ravioli

Shellfish Cappuccino, Seared Beef Crostini, Ginger Jello

Roasted Dorade, Forked Potatoes, Braised Leek Ragout, Smoked Bacon Jus

Pan Seared Quail Breast, Porcini Risotto, Port Wine Reduction

White Chocolate Mousse, Plums & Almond Foam, Pistachio Cracker, Passion Fruit Sorbet

The Colonnade- CHINESE

APPETIZERS

Roasted Duck Lumpia "Shanghai Style"

Spicy Cucumber, Plum Sauce

or

Steamed Pork Dim Sum

Soya Sauce, Sweet Chili

or

Cantonese Egg Drop Soup

Egg Noodle, Scallions

MAIN COURSE

Sweet & Sour Shrimp