***Live from the Sojourn, 20-day Iberian and Celtic Sojourn***

I guess you are referring to the evocative Mercury/ Caballe duet.

This was not actually an offering from the pop group " Queen". Unless you were referring to Freddie where the soubriquet would be appropriate of course:eek:

Yes, I was caught in a landslide, no escape from reality, skarramoosh, skarramoosh ..... Viva! Barcelona! friends until the end...

Time for a lie down .....;). :D

Have you eaten at Restaurant 2 at all, or is that not your cup of tea? Is it still 24 hours in advance for reservations? From your postings, the menu seems to rotate. We like one better than the others, but there isn't a strict rotation, and so I guess you just have to guess and hope when you make the reservations.

I have tried Restaurant 2 but not fond of spending 3 hours to eat. Also I find the menus hit and miss as well. If you are really interested in going to Restaurant 2 I would suggest on embarkation day to make your reservation then and there as it books up very quick.

The pattern here on the Sojourn is that every 3 days or so they change the menu in Restaurant 2.

ST

In April while in Malaga we dined on crispy fried sardines! Soooo delicious! There are so many great Tapas restaurants/bars in Old Town ~and I do love the Spanish red wines ~especially the red cab, Milflores! Try it~ also, I always buy the hot roasted chestnuts from the street vendors. Good with cocktails in the Sky Bar!

Enjoy your day! Wish I was there :p But, I'm enjoying the slow rain today in dry West Texas.

Martita B

Yes, I was caught in a landslide, no escape from reality, skarramoosh, skarramoosh ..... Viva! Barcelona! friends until the end...

Time for a lie down .....;). :D

Ah, Another One Bites The Dust. It's A Hard Life when you are Under Pressure. Try to Play The Game, after all The Show Must Go On and We Are The Champions with One Vision to sail the Seven Seas with Seabourn. It's A Kind Of Magic, especially the food - I Want It All.

But it does increase the waistline. So, although I Love My Car, perhaps it's time for a Bicycle Race ( with some Fat Bottom Girls?). Don't Stop Me Now, I'll be off in a Flash.

Or maybe I should also lie down and listen to the Radio before I go Ga Ga.

ST

In April while in Malaga we dined on crispy fried sardines! Soooo delicious! There are so many great Tapas restaurants/bars in Old Town ~and I do love the Spanish red wines ~especially the red cab, Milflores! Try it~ also, I always buy the hot roasted chestnuts from the street vendors. Good with cocktails in the Sky Bar!

Enjoy your day! Wish I was there :p But, I'm enjoying the slow rain today in dry West Texas.

Martita B

I agree Martita B. I love Malaga as well...especially for some great Sangria and the Fish Dishes are amazing as well.

Now gotta run upstairs to the Observation Bar for Chocoholics Tea Time before they start ATTACKING!:eek:;):eek:

P.S. Weather here today is perfect...feels almost like summer!

Have you eaten at Restaurant 2 at all, or is that not your cup of tea? Is it still 24 hours in advance for reservations? From your postings, the menu seems to rotate. We like one better than the others, but there isn't a strict rotation, and so I guess you just have to guess and hope when you make the reservations.

We had two meals in Restaurant2 on the Quest last week. One was exceptional, the other medocre. So it's a bit of a lottery. You can up the odds by viewing the menu the day before and then enquiring if they have a cancellation. There were " short notice" vacancies after the third day of our recent cruise - draw your own conclusions;)

This little piggy went to Chocoholics Tea Time! Yummy yum yum...they had a chocolate brioche bread pudding, chocolate daquoise, chocolate mousse cake, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate roulade...DEATH by Chocolate....now I am stuffed and going back to sun tanning myself on my balcony.:eek:

We had two meals in Restaurant2 on the Quest last week. One was exceptional, the other medocre. So it's a bit of a lottery. You can up the odds by viewing the menu the day before and then enquiring if they have a cancellation. There were " short notice" vacancies after the third day of our recent cruise - draw your own conclusions;)

Here on the Sojourn for this 8 day cruise Restaurant has been booked up since day 2 and is currently a waiting list to get in. On the Legend in dec and Jan there was always availability throughout the entire cruise.

Ah, Another One Bites The Dust. It's A Hard Life when you are Under Pressure. Try to Play The Game, after all The Show Must Go On and We Are The Champions with One Vision to sail the Seven Seas with Seabourn. It's A Kind Of Magic, especially the food - I Want It All.

But it does increase the waistline. So, although I Love My Car, perhaps it's time for a Bicycle Race ( with some Fat Bottom Girls?). Don't Stop Me Now, I'll be off in a Flash.

Or maybe I should also lie down and listen to the Radio before I go Ga Ga.

I expect MrsM is so happy that you're a Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy and You're Good Company but Fat Bottomed Girls, now You Take My Breath Away!

It's A Beautiful Day, so Dont Stop Me Now, I'm Stone Cold Crazy (;):D), but Mr M was this a Flash in the pan Gordon??? :D

ST - did you meet Dear Friends at tea or was it a Dragon Attack on all things chocolate? I'm sure you were A Man on The Prowl and you sorted out those Fat Bottomed Girls, and Didn't Lose Your Head. In Only Seven Days (well nearly!), you're the News of The World on The Seven Seas of Rhye. Looking forward to More of That Jazz and the Battle Theme tonight! I'm off to Escape The Swamp and wait for my Crazy Little Thing Called Love to arrive home from Bohemia and I'll be in Rhapsody! ;):D

ST - just read your choccy news - speaking of FAT bottoms ..... LOL!

I expect MrsM is so happy that you're a Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy and You're Good Company but Fat Bottomed Girls, now You Take My Breath Away!

It's A Beautiful Day, so Dont Stop Me Now, I'm Stone Cold Crazy (;):D), but Mr M was this a Flash in the pan Gordon??? :D

ST - did you meet Dear Friends at tea or was it a Dragon Attack on all things chocolate? I'm sure you were A Man on The Prowl and you sorted out those Fat Bottomed Girls, and Didn't Lose Your Head. In Only Seven Days (well nearly!), you're the News of The World on The Seven Seas of Rhye. Looking forward to More of That Jazz and the Battle Theme tonight! I'm off to Escape The Swamp and wait for my Crazy Little Thing Called Love to arrive home from Bohemia and I'll be in Rhapsody! ;):D

ST - just read your choccy news - speaking of FAT bottoms ..... LOL!

You and MARIANH both KILL ME!...LOL

Actually was quiet at chocoholics Tea Time....I was in and out in a flash and smuggled my plate full of chocolately goodies to my Suite only to realize I was LOCKED OUT...I had forgetten the key in the room and had to call Reception to ask if they could open the door.:eek:

!

TOUCHE:cool:

Everyone's A Winner . Hot Chocolate Fairbourne/ST?

You and MARIANH both KILL ME!...LOL

Actually was quiet at chocoholics Tea Time....I was in and out in a flash and smuggled my plate full of chocolately goodies to my Suite only to realize I was LOCKED OUT...I had forgetten the key in the room and had to call Reception to ask if they could open the door.:eek:

That's too funny .... You always get caught out hahahaha!

Nae doot aboot it ..... Ya sexy thing .... LOL!LOL! ;):D

Emma, emmabarrassed. So getting back on topic - ST, will you be seeking out some churros to go with your hot chocolate when you make landfall in Malaga?

Churros and hot chocolate for breakfast - very Spanish - yum:)

Tonight's Dinner Options;

The Restaurant

Carpaccio of Octopus, Vanilla and Lime Marinated Lobster

tomato and herb salad

White Tomato Bean Soup

with basil foam

Confit Pork Belly

seared diver scallops, minted pea puree

Date Mojito Sorbet

with mint foam

Butter Poached Halibut

mussel casserole, pomme mousseline

OR

Glazed Filet Mignon

braised oxtail ravioli, morel mushrrom foam

Dessert

Glazed Lemon Tart

preserved lemon sorbet, lemon custard

Chocolate Truffles

Vegetarian-Woodland Mushroom Ravioli

sauteed oyster mushrooms, roast beets and thyme butter

Restaurant 2;

Chef Cocktail: Shrimp Tempura, Green Papaya & Celery Margarita, Orange Aioli

Seared Beef Tataki, Pickled Vegetables, Ponzu Jelly, Tahini Puree

Crispy Curried Vidalia Onion Rings, Bitter Greens

Navy Bean Fritter, Yogurt Raita

Clear Tomato Presse, Goat Cheese Panna Cotta, Tear Drop Confit

White Tomato Cappuccino, Chicken & Pesto Strudel, Basil Foam

Grilled Fresh Dorade, Preserved Lemon Sauce, Ricotta Gnocchi, Parmesan Grenolata

Slow Roasted Lamb Shank & Potato Moussaka, Red Wine Jus

Coconut & Passion Fruit Gelano, Almond Foam, Blackberry Sorbet, Red Beet Tuile

The Colonnade- SEAFOOD

APPETIZERS

Smoked Salmon

Frisee Cucumber Salad, Sour Cream Dressing

or

Seafood Rvioli

Lobster Nage, Fresh Taragon

or

Islanding Fish & Seafood Soup

Dill Cream

MAIN COURSE

Pan ROasted Seabream, Roasted Forest Mushrooms

Spring Onions and Olive Oil New Potatoes

or

Sirloin Steak & Jumbo Shrimp

Herb Gnocchi, Wilted Greens, Pancetta Cream Sauce

DESSERTS

Passion Fruit Meringue Pie

PATIO GRILL IS CLOSED:mad:

Emma, emmabarrassed. So getting back on topic - ST, will you be seeking out some churros to go with your hot chocolate when you make landfall in Malaga?

Churros and hot chocolate for breakfast - very Spanish - yum:)

Forget the Hot Chocolate but say YES to the Churros while in Spain....very yummy and delicious sugary treat!;)

ST

There is an outside "sweets" restaurant midway up Calle Larios Blvd. (to the left) that serves THE very best hot, crispy churros ~ we had the special hot fried donut strips in April. Dee-licious!

Enjoy beautiful Malaga ~

Martita

ST

There is an outside "sweets" restaurant midway up Calle Larios Blvd. (to the left) that serves THE very best hot, crispy churros ~ we had the special hot fried donut strips in April. Dee-licious!

Enjoy beautiful Malaga ~

Martita

Martita..thanks for the HOT tip! I will no doubt drop in for some tomorrow.;)

Evening Update, Enroute to Malaga, Spain;

We are currently 20 nautical miles off the coastline of Spain and have winds of 30 m.p.h or force 7 on the beaufort scale. There is very little movement tonight onboard the ship.

The ship tonight is very quiet....hardly anyone out....apparently Room Service guys got KILLED tonight because people did not like the Chef's dinner.

Out on the open decks it is quite windy.

A shame tonight the Patio Grill was closed with this nice warmth we have for a change with our current temperature of 20C or 68F under clear skies.

Our current speed is 16.5 knots per hour and we have another 121 nautical miles to go before we reach Malaga tomorrow morning at 7:00am.

I went up the Observation Bar and 4 people there only!:eek:

Looks like everyone is going to bed at 9:00pm on this cruise!:confused:

More to come later tonight from the Sojourn enroute to Malaga, Spain.;)

ST

I also find Sailor's retiring so early odd ~especially on a sea day ~usually the Observation Lounge is packed after dinner, as is The Club ~everyone having a nightcap and visitin'!:p

I hope you ordered the "white tomato" soup tonight ~hmmmm soo good! It takes about 3 days to make this special treat. Many of the Ex. Chef's demo this soup.

Have a continued nice evening

Miss Martita

ST

I also find Sailor's retiring so early odd ~especially on a sea day ~usually the Observation Lounge is packed after dinner, as is The Club ~everyone having a nightcap and visitin'!:p

I hope you ordered the "white tomato" soup tonight ~hmmmm soo good! It takes about 3 days to make this special treat. Many of the Ex. Chef's demo this soup.

Have a continued nice evening

Miss Martita

Yep Miss Martita...GHOAST TOWN last night onboard.

I did have the White Bean Soup and it was tasty.:D

Day 6: Malaga, Spain 7:00am-8:00pm

Good morning from Sleepy Seabourn Square whereby we have 4 people waiting at 6:15am for a cup of coffee from Kevin just about to open. We have taken our pilot onboard and are currently manoeuvring ourselves towards the pier and we should be tied up earlier than our scheduled 7:00am.

The sunrise is not scheduled for 7:06am so it's still very dark here this morning. Last night we finally got back most of our channels on the satelite TV....(Thank God). The weather forecast for Malaga today is a high of 80F or 27C and sunny skies. It's currently 59F or 15C this morning....bbbrrrr. looks to be the same forecast for Cadiz, Spain tomorrow.

Last night before going to bed I noticed that the maritime shipping lanes are very busy in this part of the world with so many cargo and container ships around us.

Now that I finally have a cup of coffee and a couple of sips in me I can see the TV monitor a lot better.

The Restaurant opens for breakfast at 8:00am and the Colonnade at 7:30am...I am sure the natives will be ATTACKING EARLY!

More to come from the Sojourn about to be tied up alongside our pier here in Malaga, Spain.;)

Archived