Another Carnival lawsuit

As a trauma nurse and someone who staffed Port Au Prince General post quake, decision making is simple. Life over limb = tourniquet. Get flat, feet up, watch the airway=sheets make great transport devices. Drunk people, although hard to manage, don't deserve to die. This is basic first aid. BUT I wasn't there. I don't know if the doc on board was with another critical pt. There's way too much we don't know and really it's all just guessing. I just pray the matter gets resolved quickly and the children are loved well. Maybe there's a bigger lesson here to be learned, but for me it will not involve rock throwing at anyone. I am looking forward to my next cruise without a care!

Karen

As a trauma nurse and someone who staffed Port Au Prince General post quake, decision making is simple. Life over limb = tourniquet. Get flat, feet up, watch the airway=sheets make great transport devices. Drunk people, although hard to manage, don't deserve to die. This is basic first aid. BUT I wasn't there. I don't know if the doc on board was with another critical pt. There's way too much we don't know and really it's all just guessing. I just pray the matter gets resolved quickly and the children are loved well. Maybe there's a bigger lesson here to be learned, but for me it will not involve rock throwing at anyone. I am looking forward to my next cruise without a care!

Karen

I know a sheet is a great transporter, likely would have been an alternative to what happened, but who knew the other equipment failures. I can see it now in the lawsuit. "How dare they carry or drag her out of the cabin, down a hall and into an elevator":eek:

I feel sorry for all involved. I do believe the female passenger who passed should have refused after too many drinks. We are all adults and should carry ourselves as that.

We are responsible for our own consumption. It's not a blame game here. It's pure common sense.

Should she had been at home and made herself one too many margaritas and fell who would she blame then? The liquor store? This is a terrible incident and I hope all involved learned a valuable lesson. Yes ships sell alcohol, but nobody forced this lady to drink. Also a nurse is in no way a dr. The cruise line could only do so much. They are a cruise ship. Not a top of the Line medical facility. I'm not a carnival cheerleader just speaking my opinion. Sorry for the loss. So tragic :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No they would blame 911 for not getting their fast enough. If that were my husband he wouid have thrown me over his shoukder and taking me to medical

Here's my two cents, for whatever its worth.

FIRST, all we had was information from a news article written by the MEDIA .... does that make it 1,000% true and accurate? Hardly.

SECOND, where is a link to the actual complaint filed in Court in Texas? It was not linked to the article.

THIRD, something I learned a long long time ago ... and having worked in the legal system for over 20 years, there are THREE SIDES to every issue - 'his' side, 'her' side and the truth ...

The way the article is written, is clearly backing up the plaintiff. And then, everyone here, is convicting based on one side and no REAL facts, other than the plaintiff is deceased.

Do we accuately know, and I mean for a fact, that it took emergency personnel over an hour to get to the plaintiff? We don't. The other 'problem', is this, and remember, this is just my opinion, is that when I am in an 'emergency' type situation, time itself does weird stuff ... what may seem like an hour, could actually have been 5 minutes, and what may seem like 5 minutes, could actually be an hour ...

I'm not a Carnival cheerleader, and I've never played one on TV. I'm just saying that we, as humans, are ready to be judge and jury without the facts and that's just unfair. If Carnival is found at fault by the court system, when ALL of the facts are submitted, then so be it and they will do and fix what they have to.

My condolences to the family though, regardless of fault.

Archived