Interior room 6204 with window on conquest

steve4031

I was playing around with a booking on carnival. This cabin popped up. It is right at the front of the ship on the upper deck. I was curious as to what the obstruction would be. This actually looks like an interesting cabin. What am I missing?

It still would be cool to be able to look out and see what is going on. I suspect there would be a door close by to go out and look. A great place to see that trip down the mississippi.

I'm booked in a 4J room (interior with obstructed view - walkway) on Triumph next week, and I'll just be glad to have some natural light. I've been in regular interior rooms for both of my other cruises, and it's weird not having any light in the morning!

I was playing around with a booking on carnival. This cabin popped up. It is right at the front of the ship on the upper deck. I was curious as to what the obstruction would be. This actually looks like an interesting cabin. What am I missing?

I have stayed in the 4J rooms quite a few times. They are wonderful.

If you go to cruise line rooms dot com (put this together. we cannot post certain websites)

Click on the Conquest. They do not have a pic of 6204, but they have one of 7201. It is the same room. If you can get this cabin....get it. We love it.

Ummmm, are you sure about this? What ship?

Triumph room 1003, I was able to book online with three passengers and called to confirm the trundle bed. It's a 220 sq ft room, I don't see any reason why you couldn't fit a trundle bed in there.

Triumph room 1003, I was able to book online with three passengers and called to confirm the trundle bed. It's a 220 sq ft room, I don't see any reason why you couldn't fit a trundle bed in there.

Also found this handy little document on Carnival's site that lists my room as being able to fit one trundle bed: https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/TI_RollAwayBed_TrundleBed_Crib.htm

No such room. ALL 4J rooms are for 2 people only.

No such room. ALL 4J rooms are for 2 people only.

Check out my latest post, between yours and the one you quoted. I noticed that 1001 and 1002 aren't listed, but 1003 and 1004 are. Perhaps only some 4J rooms are able to fit a trundle bed?

I booked my 4J with three people, so it'll have 2 twin beds and a trundle bed (I called Carnival to verify the trundle bed).

the Triumph allows roll aways or trundles. (in these foward cabins that will be mighty tight.

Hopefully that trundle is for a kid because it is small and sits quite low to the floor.

the view is a wall. you can not look out and see waters.. there is a door on the side of ship on both sides. People use those doors but not many people know they are there- you can not see those doors from the hall.

People will and DO slam those doors. (put a towel over the top to stop that door from slamming

the cabins with the * inside denotes handicapped cabins and the beds sit headboard to headboard.

These cabins are quite far from the food/pools. Sometimes twice a day is a hike to the lido buffet. (got old fast)

and if you hit rough waters you will get the most of the motion

I was a deck above on a similar class ship (Liberty) and ?I have pics in my linked review on page 2.

the Triumph allows roll aways or trundles. (in these foward cabins that will be mighty tight.

Hopefully that trundle is for a kid because it is small and sits quite low to the floor.

the view is a wall. you can not look out and see waters.. there is a door on the side of ship on both sides. People use those doors but not many people know they are there- you can not see those doors from the hall.

People will and DO slam those doors. (put a towel over the top to stop that door from slamming

the cabins with the * inside denotes handicapped cabins and the beds sit headboard to headboard.

These cabins are quite far from the food/pools. Sometimes twice a day is a hike to the lido buffet. (got old fast)

Thank you for clarifying. Those are not standard 4J....I just looked at them. The Glory, Conquest, Splendor...etc at the front of the ship ...etc.

Check "cruise line rooms dot com" there is a posting of cabin 6203 on the Conquest, which is just like 6204.

Barry

Those pictures really help. This is a great price for that room. If I had that money, this would have been booked!!!!

Thank you for clarifying. Those are not standard 4J....I just looked at them. The Glory, Conquest, Splendor...etc at the front of the ship ...etc.

old deck plans have them at obstructed oceanviews

We were on Conquest in March, DH and i in 1006 (first balcony port side panarama deck) our teenage son and his friend were in 1004, across the hall, ocean view. It was a great room! Larger than the rest, had 2 single beds, window looking onto public deck in front of ship that hardly anyone knows about (the "secret deck"!?!?). At night the doors out to that deck were locked so there was no traffic out there to speak of.

The only negative i've heard is that since those cabins are designated as handicapped, it's possible that you could be switched if they need a handicap room...obviously, that didn't happen to us but something to think about.

We had 2 of these rooms on the Dream in March - 6201 and 6203. They were great! They looked out onto the observation deck, but there was rarely anyone out there, so it was like having a giant private balcony on the front of the ship. You may want to try to get a room in the center if possible - our room (6201) had a couch, but my parents (6203) only had a chair.:)

I like these rooms, but you also need to remember, you need to keep your curtains closed during the day if you want privacy and after dark so you do not impact navigation.

Archived