Cheaper prices for summer cruise?

We are looking at booking a summer cruise of about 7 days. We are pretty flexible about what ship it is and where it goes. However, we realized that the prices are much higher in the summer than the early fall. Can anyone tell me how to get a summer (late June or any time in July) cruise for $700 or less?

If you're looking to go from NY on a 7 nighter, it's not going to happen. Maybe from Boston? Demand is really high. I'm paying almost $1000pp for an inside to go from Philly to New england on the Enchantment in July. The 5 night Voyager to Bermuda is at least as much. Some of the 5 days to Canada from NY on Carnival can be had for 700.

If you can wait till the first week in sept, prices drop dramatically

Cruises are almost all the same price from mid June through the 3rd week of August. However, there is hope...

I have noticed that quite often, prices take a little dip if you are cruising over 4th of July. Mind you, it isn't that much (Maybe $50 per person), but it is the cheapest time to cruise during the most expensive time of year (is that an oxymoronic statement, or what?).

I was able to find a $1650 price for three on the Sea in June. I booked it in December. I really had to look around. The price now is about $4-500 more. Good luck.

There are no last minute deals for the summer. For example, watch travelzoo.com for specials. As you get closer to summer, you'll notice the deals that come up are for fall!

Summer is a super busy time for ships. Ships are selling out months prior to summer crusing. When demand is this high, there is no need to discount. Close to sailing time, everything is sold out.

We got a great deal on a holiday cruise last year. I booked about six weeks before the embarkation date. So, although conventional wisdom is that you won't find a deal, keep looking. You don't know what will show up. (I'd also suggest a back-up plan--making refundable hotel reservations--in case you don't find a cruise.)

There are few cruise "bargains" during peak season, but, if you pick an older, smaller ship (and the "older" ones are not that old) you might be able to find something to fit your budget. Of course, an inside guarantee would be the least expensive. Any of the new mega ships will be EXPENSIVE!

Thanks! We just booked a ship for a bit more than our $700 budget but we saved by finding fantastic airfare and skipping the overnight at a hotel that we had planned to do. You were all so helpful and made us realize that we did ok on the cost even though it was more than what we usually pay.

Archived