Daughter is suffering from PCD

Hi all. I am finding it funny that my 9 yr old simply refuses to remove her CCL minors Muster Station wrist band.....which I am calling post-cruise-depressiom. She is rather adamant that she will not remove until it is replaced with one for next cruise.

Unfortunately for her her....her ballet instructor is not on the same page. I fret the drama of removal before her recital in a few weeks. :-(

Hopefully she can tough it until our next family cruise next spring break.

My autistic son had a physical shortly after we got back from our last cruise. He had to get a shot. Trying to calm him down I asked him where he wanted to go thinking he would say McDonald's (he LOVES their fries), or home. Nope. He said "big boat". Gotta love them :D

My autistic son had a physical shortly after we got back from our last cruise. He had to get a shot. Trying to calm him down I asked him where he wanted to go thinking he would say McDonald's (he LOVES their fries), or home. Nope. He said "big boat". Gotta love them :D

LOL! That is exactly what my daughter calls the ships too. After our return from our last cruise, she was over the moon happy. Her therapists started saying that we may want to bring all of the kids on a cruise if it had this sort of effect on my kiddo. We call it cruise therapy now!!

She gets very excited when I show her a photo of a cruise ship now. She's hooked too:D

Hi all. I am finding it funny that my 9 yr old simply refuses to remove her CCL minors Muster Station wrist band.....which I am calling post-cruise-depressiom. She is rather adamant that she will not remove until it is replaced with one for next cruise.

Unfortunately for her her....her ballet instructor is not on the same page. I fret the drama of removal before her recital in a few weeks. :-(

Hopefully she can tough it until our next family cruise next spring break.

You've come to the right place for a support group. We all suffer from PCD!

lol! No worries! it isn't terminal, and my guess is she will tire of it in a week or so, most emphatically if her instructor tells her she can't dance in the recital if she wears it!

Been told by my teens that under no certain terms will we be cruising without them in 2013.

Bad news for you my 9 year old also refused to remove hers after our last (her first!) cruise this past November. She kept it on for at least 4 weeks after. All the green and the writing had come off and it was looking very yucky! And I was worried that the kids would complain about keeping it on all week! Silly me. They loved cruising more than any other vacation we've done. Including Disney World. I guess the nut doesn't fall to far from the tree!

Archived