Silhouette AQ class cabin 1501 or 1647

Hi - we are sailing on the Silhouette in AQ class this summer. We have the choice of cabin 1501 or 1647. 1501 is under the fitness center near the Solarium, 1647 is mid aft and has suite class cabins above on deck 12 - so both should be on the quiet side. Has anyone sailed in either and can offer a recommendation? We tend to prefer being mid aft but just curious what it is like being all the way forward.

Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks -

While I have not been in either of those cabins I've heard some people say the AQ rooms below the fitness center can have some noise. We were in 1610 which was below the pool area and never heard anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was in 1503 on the Silhouette. Had always been aft before so was not sure if we would like it. We went with the forward AQ cabin because we wanted more sun on our balcony (minimal overhang in forward cabins). We loved the sunny balcony and also ended up loving that area of the ship. It's at the end of a quiet hallway with little traffic. There was occasional, short-lived noise above in 1503 from the aerobic area - not sure if less or more noise in 1501, but the guys next door in 1501 never mentioned it and it was their second cruise in that cabin (loved it so booked it again). I found that the slight noise from above on occasion was outweighed by the lack of noise in the hallway.

Other Positives:

The Relaxation Room is right next door and we would go in there for tea, read and relax in the big, comfy lounge chairs when cool or rainy (beautiful forward view and usually pretty empty). It was also a good place to go while waiting for the cabin steward to finish, if we came back while they were cleaning or to get out of the way when waiting for the other to get dressed.

Had the portside bridge just forward and down from the cabin - not a lot of action on our side, but was fun to watch if there was some activity in there.

Very close to Persian Garden, Aquaspa cafe, solarium.

Negatives:

Long walk to the elevator, but didn't bother us, since we were used to being in the aft on RCI ships, which are often without aft elevators.

Felt like more movement in that area on our one stormy day (some have said it was because we were high and forward). I was seasick for the first time just that one day.

Little shade on balcony, if you prefer shade.

We are going back to the aft on the next cruise - looking forward to having the best of both worlds on Infinity - AQ 1138!

I was in 1503 on the Silhouette. Had always been aft before so was not sure if we would like it. We went with the forward AQ cabin because we wanted more sun on our balcony (minimal overhang in forward cabins). We loved the sunny balcony and also ended up loving that area of the ship. It's at the end of a quiet hallway with little traffic. There was occasional, short-lived noise above in 1503 from the aerobic area - not sure if less or more noise in 1501, but the guys next door in 1501 never mentioned it and it was their second cruise in that cabin (loved it so booked it again). I found that the slight noise from above on occasion was outweighed by the lack of noise in the hallway.

Other Positives:

The Relaxation Room is right next door and we would go in there for tea, read and relax in the big, comfy lounge chairs when cool or rainy (beautiful forward view and usually pretty empty). It was also a good place to go while waiting for the cabin steward to finish, if we came back while they were cleaning or to get out of the way when waiting for the other to get dressed.

Had the portside bridge just forward and down from the cabin - not a lot of action on our side, but was fun to watch if there was some activity in there.

Very close to Persian Garden, Aquaspa cafe, solarium.

Negatives:

Long walk to the elevator, but didn't bother us, since we were used to being in the aft on RCI ships, which are often without aft elevators.

Felt like more movement in that area on our one stormy day (some have said it was because we were high and forward). I was seasick for the first time just that one day.

Little shade on balcony, if you prefer shade.

We are going back to the aft on the next cruise - looking forward to having the best of both worlds on Infinity - AQ 1138!

VTcruiser - thank you for your detailed overview of what it was like being in cabin 1503. Pretty much all positives with the exception on the motion sickness on a rough sea day.

We have opted for cabin 1647 as my DH does get some mild motion sickness at the onset of the cruise.

We don't mind the walking and very rarely take the elevators preferring the stairs for the excercise. It would have been nice to be near the relaxation room especially in the evening if you just want to spread out a read/relax. I find with most itineraries we are very rarely on the ship and when we are enjoy being in the sun.

Thanks again -

Was in 1647 and loved the position of the cabin. We could not hear anything and decided when we go on the Silhouette again we would stay in the same cabin. Great cabin steward also. Near the elevators and easy to walk the stairs.

Happy Sailing.

Was in 1647 and loved the position of the cabin. We could not hear anything and decided when we go on the Silhouette again we would stay in the same cabin. Great cabin steward also. Near the elevators and easy to walk the stairs.

Happy Sailing.

Wow- thank you for the cabin endorsement. So looking forward to this cruise.

VTcruiser - thank you for your detailed overview of what it was like being in cabin 1503. Pretty much all positives with the exception on the motion sickness on a rough sea day.

We have opted for cabin 1647 as my DH does get some mild motion sickness at the onset of the cruise.

We don't mind the walking and very rarely take the elevators preferring the stairs for the excercise. It would have been nice to be near the relaxation room especially in the evening if you just want to spread out a read/relax. I find with most itineraries we are very rarely on the ship and when we are enjoy being in the sun.

Thanks again -

You are welcome - 1647 sounds like a great cabin!

Archived