Bring an iron?

jkl4

We are going on our first cruise, and I'm not sure if I should bring an iron or are they provided? Some clothes I will be bringing will have to be ironed.:o I've also read to bring ziplock bags. What for?

Irons are not allowed, safety hazard. There will be an iron in the public laundry room. Ziploc bags? Lots of things from wet swimsuits that need to be packed, to dirty clothing, etc. I use them to pack sunscreen and mouthwash in in case they open in my suitcase (the sunscreen did).

Irons aren't allowed in the cabins. Fire hazard danger.

However, one is provided in the laundry area. Ziploc bags are for wet bathing suits, shampoo bottles, you don't want spilling etc.

If you need to iron onboard do so before the formal nights. those laundry rooms will really have a line forming out the doors to iron the clothes

If you pack using plastic bags you shouldnt have a wrinkle problem.

We take baggies to get room service to go-- great for the plane ride home.

Order the night before and stick it in a carry cooler .

Hi JK, and welcome to the boards. A first cruise is SO special! When you receive your documents, there will be a booklet "Welcome Aboard". Read this carefully, as it tells you everything you'll need to know. Also -since you didn't know about irons, you need to know that candles and heating pads are also not allowed - along with irons, they are HUGE fire hazards. Have fun planning, and enjoy your cruise!:)

If you must iron your clothes on board, I find doing it the day you embark there is absolutly no one else in there. Very clean too just in case that beautiful gown or black slacks happens to hit the floor.

I would rather take a half hour this very exciting day vs. waiting in a long line later on.

Ooops, I forgot to mention the ever-popular "Wrinkle Release". Works wonders on those wrinkles. I transfer some from the big bottle to a small spray bottle (put in ziploc bag), and take it on every cruise.:)

Archived