Finding friends so I can cruise

I don't really have any friends to cruise with so I was wondering if agree to help others I could be included in a group cruise. I'm not a loner but have no problems with being alone. I don't drink but have no problem with others that drink.

So is there a group that needs an official person to:

Save chairs on the decks and in the lounge for the shows???? Also, I can see that each person gets back to his cabin. Designated driver so to speak

I'm early rise and need little sleep

....So is there a group that needs an official person to:

Save chairs on the decks and in the lounge for the shows????

I truly hope you find some cruise pals and I truly hope you are aware that comment about saving chairs will whip of a good crapstorm. If you weren't aware, by the time this thread is done, you will have no doubt lol.

Either way, enjoy your future cruises.

It's not necessary to "find friends to cruise with". You'll be pleasantly suprised how social solo cruising can be. You can always start conversations with people on the ship, participate in organized games, take dance classes (where they rotate partners), or just meet people in your excursion groups, or if touring on your own, just look for people you recognize from your ship. Do assigned seating for dinner, and you're set. If you wait for friends to cruise with you, or even more so, wait until you can organize a big group, time will just pass and you won't get to cruise. Ask your friends to join you, of course, but don't let their willingness or lack thereof be a deciding factor for you.

My first cruise was a solo one, and I really liked it. I wandered around the ship by myself the first day or so, but then met people to hang out with, while still having the freedom of choosing what to do without having to compromise on it. Plus there was always the same set of tablemates at dinner to compare notes and exchange ideas with.

Join our cruise here on CC. You can save my chairs at the pool. We can watch the superbowl together! LOL

My husband didn't want to go so I am bring my sister!

All group cruises on CC are open to anyone!

It's not necessary to "find friends to cruise with". You'll be pleasantly suprised how social solo cruising can be. You can always start conversations with people on the ship, participate in organized games, take dance classes (where they rotate partners), or just meet people in your excursion groups, or if touring on your own, just look for people you recognize from your ship. Do assigned seating for dinner, and you're set. If you wait for friends to cruise with you, or even more so, wait until you can organize a big group, time will just pass and you won't get to cruise. Ask your friends to join you, of course, but don't let their willingness or lack thereof be a deciding factor for you.

My first cruise was a solo one, and I really liked it. I wandered around the ship by myself the first day or so, but then met people to hang out with, while still having the freedom of choosing what to do without having to compromise on it. Plus there was always the same set of tablemates at dinner to compare notes and exchange ideas with.

Totally agree with Landlocked Cruiser-just go for it-worst best will be the cost of a single cabin-then, all up hill. If you get assigned seating for dinner, they will most likely put you with other singles near your age or or couples and then, for breakfast and lunch, you can be seated with others. The fact that you were interested in doing tells me you will be fine.

Also, Roll Call for the cruise you pick will help you meet up with others and never be alone, unless you want to be alone.

Enjoy!!

I was in the OP's situation 5-1/2 years ago and went on a group cruise by myself and made lots of new friends. I loved it and everyone went out of their way to make me feel like I fit in, which amazed me since I'm old, fluffy and obnoxious, and was somewhat anxious about being rejected. :)

Since then, I've been on 15 additional cruises, all with people I have met on the group cruises. I have also been on several "land cruises" with fellow cruisers and have another week-long beach trip planned for Memorial Day and four more group cruises planned for the next year and a half.

At this point, I also almost always have a roomie from that group of friends to help me cut the cruise costs and pre- and post-cruise hotel costs in half.

And you don't have to do favors such as saving chairs to make friends. Saving chairs by the pool or theater seats may make you more enemies than it will friends. :p

Also, the group cruises almost always link all the members' seats together in the dining room, which gives you an additional chance to get to know people in your group. Most of the groups also organize tours together and onboard activities together and group cocktail parties. You will never feel alone, yet you also will have the option of having some "you" time by yourself. Something you can't always get with a spouse or significant other. :)

Are you looking to share a room with someone, or just buddy-up on a boat? If room sharing is on your agenda, you might want to provide a little more demographic info (ie male or female).

Go look on the Roll Call page -- read a few, jump in a conversation -- I bet you'll find some mighty friendly people there, and perhaps a future cruise friend!!

:))) Oh, and thanks for making yourself 'out there', for not being shy! :)

I don't really have any friends to cruise with so I was wondering if agree to help others I could be included in a group cruise. I'm not a loner but have no problems with being alone. I don't drink but have no problem with others that drink.

Save chairs on the decks and in the lounge for the shows???? Also, I can see that each person gets back to his cabin. Designated driver so to speak

Hello, I'm a group leader for our Cruise set for Aug. 9-13, 2012... We have OFFICIALLY 160 guests, that's right 160 IN OUR GROUP... You are welcome to join us.. We are sailing on the Triumph departing Galveston... For more info e-mail me at fjdavis50@yahoo.com

Trust me......you will not have a problem finding friends on a cruise ship......you will fit right in........cruise ship folks are fun loving people....enjoy your cruise!!!:)

LOL.. Thats funny.. I did the "designated driver" thing on one cruise..

Feel free to join in our Liberty Cruise on 10-06. We welcome everyone! And we won;t really make you work for us either! lol

Seriously tho, I cruised solo once when my now ex walked out 2 mos. before what was supposed to be HIS 40th b-day cruise. I don;t know if he thought I was going to hand him the stuff so he could go on it, but that so wasn't happening. I joined the roll call and met some awesome people. We had a blast! Yes, there were some sad times for me, but overall, I would so do it again!

Have you looked into a singles cruise? Great way to cruise, many others that are single with dining area just for the group.

The singles cruises do tend to be more expensive, though. Even if they pair you with a roomie, you'll still be generally paying about the same as you would for yourself on a regular cruise. Most of the Official CC Group cruises have activities and meet and greets and cocktail parties as part of the package and you also usually get an onboard credit and often a welcome aboard gift of some kind. And a free name tag and door sign and various other little goodies.

I recently wanted to explore meeting new cruising friends but after many not so nice greetings from groups on here, I have come to the conclusion that it's better it's just the DW and I. We are so busy in our lives that we need this time to just be together. It all works out in the end :)

I recently wanted to explore meeting new cruising friends but after many not so nice greetings from groups on here, I have come to the conclusion that it's better it's just the DW and I. We are so busy in our lives that we need this time to just be together. It all works out in the end :)

Dave, I'm sorry to hear that you encountered that kind of reaction from groups. I haven't run into that kind of a situation, but all of my group cruises have been either Official Cruise Critic group cruises or groups formed by people I met on the Official cruises. Maybe that makes a difference.

All I can say is if you don't mind cruising on your own, you won't have any problem. I always cruise with a friend, but in the many cruises I have been on, I have met several "solo" cruisers. Even when I cruise with a friend, sometimes we are not together doing things, so I call that "solo" at times too.

I don't know if I am being stupid, or just naive but I thought this post was a little tongue in cheek.:confused:

I may be very wrong, but I think the OP is being silly. If I am wrong and the OP is serious about finding a cruise group to join good luck I hope you find the perfect cruise for you.

If I am right and the OP is being silly I hope you are not on my cruise cos mamaskittles don't suffer no chair savers. :D

I don't know if I am being stupid, or just naive but I thought this post was a little tongue in cheek.:confused:

I may be very wrong, but I think the OP is being silly. If I am wrong and the OP is serious about finding a cruise group to join good luck I hope you find the perfect cruise for you.

If I am right and the OP is being silly I hope you are not on my cruise cos mamaskittles don't suffer no chair savers. :D

I thought it was, too. :D But I figured that if it were facetious, then assuming it was for real would dampen the intended sarcasm and nip the smugness in the bud. :cool:

And if the question was legitimate, then we have provided some very useful information.

Win/Win. :p

I thought it was' date=' too. :D But I figured that if it were facetious, then assuming it was for real would dampen the intended sarcasm and nip the smugness in the bud. :cool:

And if the question was legitimate, then we have provided some very useful information.

Win/Win. :p[/quote']

Oh thank goodness, here I was thinking I was so mean for reading it that way.:eek: I only posted for those who may feel sad for someone who is just being silly. I do agree if the post is legit ( not!!!) the info provided was helpful.:)

I'm mostly being silly but I'm serious about finding some friends when I know more about the cruise I'm going to book. I would never save chairs because I think that is just wrong. 5 years ago I toyed with the idea of finding someone wanting to share a cabin but now I just see that as being a pretty bad idea.

The singles cruises do tend to be more expensive' date=' though. Even if they pair you with a roomie, you'll still be generally paying about the same as you would for yourself on a regular cruise. Most of the Official CC Group cruises have activities and meet and greets and cocktail parties as part of the package and you also usually get an onboard credit and often a welcome aboard gift of some kind. And a free name tag and door sign and various other little goodies.[/quote']

Singles cruises are a little bit more expensive because they have to pay their hosts and pay for the 'free' cocktail parties, but they are not at all as expensive as paying the singles rate if you share a room. Singles cruises are great because there is always someone around who you know and you meet great people.

I'm mostly being silly but I'm serious about finding some friends when I know more about the cruise I'm going to book. I would never save chairs because I think that is just wrong. 5 years ago I toyed with the idea of finding someone wanting to share a cabin but now I just see that as being a pretty bad idea.

Check my signature and any future cruises I have listed, I can guarantee that you will be welcome if you're interested. Let me know if you need more infor on any of them.

Archived