Riedel Stemware in MDR, Specialty Restaurants, Etc.

pinma

When we cruised on the Millenium I did the Riedel workshop and was served all my wines in the MDR in Reidel stemware once I signed on for the package. Is this still done? Particularly on the Summit? Is Riedel stemware available anywhere outside of the MDR? We are considering doing the workshop again but only if we will have use of Reidel glassware in the MDR/specialty restaurants. (I understand that it might be exceptionally hard to keep track of the glassware in other venues, although it sure would be nice to have access to it.)

We too did the Riedel workshop and had all our wines served in Riedel glasses in the MDR. We did have to remind them the first night...but every night after that we got the correct Riedel glass for our wine. But as far as I know, other than the specialty restaurants..that was it. We will probably do the workshop again, as its a fun way to work on our 'collection' of Riedel stemware.

Murano uses the Riedel glasses. When we did the workshop on Solstice in December they said they only use them there because the glasses are in such short supply (supply can't keep up with demand) and because so many wine glasses get broken.

I did the workshop on the Equinox 2nd to last day at sea. No Riedel in MDR.

I was told that Riedel is used in specialty restaurants. Would think it hard to use in MDR due to breakage and the time to hand clean each glass (not dishwasher safe).

When we cruised on the Millenium I did the Riedel workshop and was served all my wines in the MDR in Reidel stemware once I signed on for the package. Is this still done? Particularly on the Summit? Is Riedel stemware available anywhere outside of the MDR? We are considering doing the workshop again but only if we will have use of Reidel glassware in the MDR/specialty restaurants. (I understand that it might be exceptionally hard to keep track of the glassware in other venues, although it sure would be nice to have access to it.)

What was this workshop? Sounds intriguing! Do they have it on all ships?

When I was on the Infinity 2 years ago, I did the Reidel workshop, and was told that wine in the MDR used to be served in those glasses if you had done the workshop, but that this was no longer due to breakage. I can not say whether they were used in the specialty restaurant as we did not eat there.

I do plan to eat in the specialty restaurant on Infinity the next time, so hope they are there. Anyone know for sure, and what about Blu?

When I was on the Infinity 2 years ago, I did the Reidel workshop, and was told that wine in the MDR used to be served in those glasses if you had done the workshop, but that this was no longer due to breakage. I can not say whether they were used in the specialty restaurant as we did not eat there.

I do plan to eat in the specialty restaurant on Infinity the next time, so hope they are there. Anyone know for sure, and what about Blu?

They don't use them in Blu. The only specialty restaurant they use them in is Murano on the S class ships, we didn't see them anywhere else. I'm not sure though about the specialty restaurants on the M class ships that are similar to Murano.

What was this workshop? Sounds intriguing! Do they have it on all ships?

From the Celebrity website:

Riedel Comparative Wine Crystal Workshop

Conducted by highly-trained Celebrity sommeliers, this seminar includes the opportunity to savor four different varietals from our superb collection of Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir and Cabernet Sauvignon, and their matching stemware. The wines are transferred into each glass to illustrate how the aromas and flavors of the wine change from glass to glass.

*Starting from: 82.00 USD Per Package

You receive the four different wine glasses you use. I was given a coupon to email Riedel to have glasses shipped. I have taken the class twice and enjoy.

It is amazing how a great crystal wine glass can make a different in the taste of the wine.

From the Celebrity website:

Riedel Comparative Wine Crystal Workshop

Conducted by highly-trained Celebrity sommeliers, this seminar includes the opportunity to savor four different varietals from our superb collection of Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Noir and Cabernet Sauvignon, and their matching stemware. The wines are transferred into each glass to illustrate how the aromas and flavors of the wine change from glass to glass.

*Starting from: 82.00 USD Per Package

You receive the four different wine glasses you use. I was given a coupon to email Riedel to have glasses shipped. I have taken the class twice and enjoy.

It is amazing how a great crystal wine glass can make a different in the taste of the wine.

You can also just sign up for the class once on board for $15. This however does not include the glasses.

Archived