Anyone use Airlink NY from Newark to Manhattan Pier?

Cruising out of Manhattan on Carnival Glory in September. Our original flight was to LaGuardia, but now we will be arriving at Newark instead. We are not accustomed to using public transportation and really uneasy about doing that with luggage. Has anyone used Airlink NY recently to get to the pier? Or any other suggestions? Would like to keep the price reasonable for the area, but also keep it as simple as possible. Our flight arrives at 10 am and ship leaves about 4:30. Thanks for any suggestions. I did use the search engine, but most of the information I found was from 2007 and not current.

the simplest thing (although not the cheapest) would be to arrange a car service. the recommended ones are dial7 and carmel. a taxi, according to the newark airport website, would cost you about $60. car service is actually cheaper, if you look online for the rates they should be around $45-$50.

a cab will be MORE that is IF you can get one to take you..

NY and NJ cabs can NOT pick up return fares in opposite states...so you' d pay meter, plus round trip tolls, plus $15 at least plus tip IF someone will take you....

carol 138east has done public transit to Bayonne...but not NYC...

you're really better with a car service..

http://www.dial7.com

http://www.carmellimo.com

Thanks for the tips. Looks like a car service is for sure our best bet. Here's another question. We will be touring/sight-seeing after our cruise in Manhattan and then staying at a New Jersey airport hotel before our early morning flight. Would it be best to arrange for a car service for that leg of the trip as well, since cabs don't want to go to Newark and it would be more costly? It will be early Saturday evening. Do you have to plan ahead for a car service as far as time and place, or could we call when we are ready to head to Newark? Thanks for the help to this NYC newbie!

Another option from Newark Airport to NYC is the airport bus service which is scheduled every 15 minutes - $16 pp and $28 round trip. This leaves you next to Port Authority Bus Terminal where you can get a cab to the pier for $10-15. Coming back you can store your luggage at Schwartz Travel on W. 36th St and when you're ready to go, take a cab to pick up your luggage and continue on the few blocks to Port Authority to get the bus. I guess you could consider this public transportation, but these buses have storage underneath the bus for luggage so it's not at all like trying to take your stuff on a NYC bus or the subway or even a NJ Transit train.

the bus with a taxi is far and away the least expensive easiest way. the car service amounts`are without tip and round trip tolls. the tolls alone are $15 or more.

the airlink requires at least one change and then a taxi anyway.

ny yellow taxis are required to take you to ewr from inside ny city. the fare is meter plus 15 to come back empty plus roundtrip tolls and tip 75-90 about

I believe the "airlink" the OP is referring to is the Go Airlink shared ride shuttle, a service similar to SuperShuttle.

It costs approximately $18 per person from EWR to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal. No change of vehicle is required, but since it's a shared ride van, it may make a number of stops to drop off passengers at hotels in Manhattan before taking you to the cruise port, so you never know exactly how long the trip will take. Personally, I don't care for these shared ride services, but they are an inexpensive way to get from the airport to Manhattan.

Here's their web site: http://www.goairlinknyc.com/

I believe the "airlink" the OP is referring to is the Go Airlink shared ride shuttle, a service similar to SuperShuttle.

I don't think so, but in any case I use "Newark Airport Express" which is just $16 one way and $28 round trip. It runs right down (across) "42nd street" (if you will) with pickups at Grand Central Station (41st Street between Park & Lexington Avenues). Bryant Park (42nd Street & 5th Avenue) Port Authority Bus Terminal (41st Street between 8th and 9th Avenues).

They stop at all terminals in Newark Airport and you can put your luggage under the bus. Tickets are sold/collected at Port Authority Stop and Terminal C only ( you get on the bus and wait to pay until the last pickup stop). Buses come to every stop every 15 minutes during the day, 365 days a year (departures every 30 minutes before 6:45 AM and after 11:15 PM)

Very reliable, run by Coach USA.

http://coachusa1.reachlocal.net/olympia/ss.newarkairport.asp

FWIW

Archived