Taking cab from Civitavecchia to Rome

G and P

I know folks are prebooking cabs to go from the port to the airport. Does anyone know if it's necessary to prebook a cab if you want to go to Rome ? I'm presuming that there will be plenty of cabs waiting shore side as the Silhouette docks. Any suggestions ? Thanks

Hi,

Are you thinking of going to Rome for the day then back to the ship? or is this the end of the cruise and you need to get to the airport in Rome?

A taxi will be very expensive as it is a long journey and the traffic can be very heavy. Have you thought of going by train? Very easy to do for the day and when you get to Rome there are hop on/off buses waiting.

I can send you a good site which gives information regarding train if you wish.

I know folks are prebooking cabs to go from the port to the airport. Does anyone know if it's necessary to prebook a cab if you want to go to Rome ? I'm presuming that there will be plenty of cabs waiting shore side as the Silhouette docks. Any suggestions ? Thanks

Save yourself grief: Pre-book the cab. I personally use and recommend Vincenzo at http://www.taketaxi.com Excellent Service and Pricing. He has over 100 drivers and cars...all luxury models...great ride and service. He has pricing to airport or to center city Rome. They also have a tour guide service for the day if you desire.

When we were leaving at 6:30am there were NO taxis around. I know because we talked with a couple that had got off thinking there would be taxis available and were now trying to figure out what to do. Maybe they show up later looking for fares.

If you're just heading into the city (and back), the train from Civitavecchia to Roma is €4.50. For €9 you can get an all day BIRG ticket (the newsstand at the station also sells these) which would also be good for the return, as well as all buses and the metro system in Roma itself.

Archived