My Carnival Liberty Review w/ lots of pictures - April 28 - May 5, 2012

Thursday, May 3, 2012 – Grand Turk – Beach Massage

Again, thanks to these boards I was able to find some information about getting beach massages in Grand Turk so I booked ½ hr each for hubby and I. It was so relaxing and coupled with the beautiful beach at Grand Turk along with sunshine, it was indeed a beautiful day in GT. We got some fresh coconut water on the beach in the shell and it was quite refreshing. There was some decent snorkeling right at the port area so we stayed there. Really no need to spend a lot of $$ at this port.

Getting our beach massage. This really was the perfect way to start the day.

2012_05_03_0802.jpg

2012_05_03_0773.jpg

2012_05_03_0803.jpg

2012_05_03_0842.jpg

2012_05_03_0859.jpg

Bye Bye Grand Turk

2012_05_03_0876.jpg

After dinner, I guess the sun, coupled with the water and the massage stated to get the best of me and so I headed to bed with the intention of taking a nap and then head back out in a bit but the joke ended up being on me as I fell asleep like a baby until the next morning once my head hit pillow.

Some more pictures from Grand Turk Day with our friends Candyce and Shannon. These next set of pictures are purely self indulging.

Two happy guys. I wonder what have them so happy?? It better have something to do with the wifes

2012_05_03_0920.jpg

2012_05_03_0915.jpg

I love this picture of hubby and I

2012_05_03_0934.jpg

Calling the butt police

2012_05_03_0956.jpg

2012_05_03_0952.jpg

2012_05_03_0937.jpg

Up Next, final thoughts.

As a side note, I am not sure in what order they do this but we had made the reservation only a few months ago and another couple on our roll call booked her reservation last July and then the night before her reservation, received a call saying that they had to cancel it because there was not enough people. The chef had told us that depending on how many had booked would determine whether or not they were gonna have 1 or 2 dinners during the cruise. I felt really bad that we were able to go and only booked it a few months out and she was not able to go and booked it since last July.

Hi Bevie - I am sure enjoying your review!!! May I ask what method you used to reserve the Chef's Table? I have email John Heald and haven't heard back from him. I emailed Carnival and they said I am to book it with the Specialty Steak House Manager once on board! I have read where other posters said to email the Maitre' D, but I cannot for the life of me find an email address for the ship's Maitre' D. I sure don't know why this should feel so hard. Thank you for any info :) Janie

From the chocolate extravaganza

2012_05_04_0961.jpg

2012_05_04_0964.jpg

Past Guest Party. I know I had a few too many but hey, like I said, vacation and free drinks = a great time

2012_05_04_0984.jpg

Cheryl, Bill, Candyce & Shannon

2012_05_04_0994.jpg

Right after the fun farewell party at the Alchemy Bar. So Lorrenzo (my hubby) met another Lorenzo (in the red shirt) at the past guest party along with his girlfriend Whitney.

2012_05_04_1044.jpg

In conclusion and my final thoughts:

Food:

With this cruise and the last 2 cruises on carnival, I definitely thought and saw that the food was not the same as it used to be and preferred the old menu better. I though the food before this new menu was more flavourful . In the past I would shy away from RCCL because of the food as in my opinion, Carnival's food was better but I no longer have that opinion. Hoping with all the choices on the Breeze, my opinion of the food would change back for the better. Will find out in December. As food is so subjective, this is just my and my opinion ONLY. I will continue to book the steakhouse and the Chef’s Table.

Entertainment:

After so many cruises, getting tired of the nightly shows. While some of the comedians were great and I enjoyed the adult only comedy, I feel that more / different entertainment was needed. At times I wished there was something else to do. I also wished they would play quest on every ship as it really is alot of fun. I think I had heard that they had started to play the quest game on Carnival but I have not yet seen it. Absolutely loved the CD Jamie on this cruise although I think she was filling in for the main CD and goes from ship to ship filling in.

Ports:

Repeat customer for all the ports and really love any ports with beautiful beaches. This is a great itinerary for beach lovers, with the exception of San Juna.

Overall:

I really like the liberty and it holds a special place to me as my first carnival cruise was on her. It was good to see the new spots that have been added and good to see some of the old favoriate like the piono bar with those black and white chairs and the lighting throughout the ship on deck 3 – 5 that keeps changing colour, that's really cool.

Shout out to my new cruise friends Candyce & Shannon (who I have convinced to join my cruise critic group and come on the Breeze with us in December), Cheryl & Bill (they too are also thinking of coming on the Breeze with us), Mavis & Jeanne and Lorenzo & Whitney. Hey also to some other Canadian friends we met in St. Thomas, Moira and Debbie. How big was that iguana you saw girl?? LOL. The expression on your face when telling the story was priceless.

Thank you all for reading my very first review and for your comments and kind words.

So, until I can find my perfect cruise which will consist of Holland American food on a RCCL ship with Carnival everything else, I will continue to cruise on whichever line will give me the best bang for my $$.

Just a question...am I the only one haveing trouble reading these posts? the pictures are fine but the posts are out of margin so I have to keep switching

back & forth in order to read them.

I can read the posts ok it's only the review that is "streteched out"

progress.gif

I too am having that problem..maybe the font is too large?

I am so enjoying your review! I was on the Liberty in 2008 for a Caribbean cruise, but unfortunately I had a severe asthma attack and ended up spending 85% of the cruise in my cabin with the nebulizer. The decor on the ship is really cool. Keep the review and pictures coming. :D

Karen

Oh no!!! Sorry to hear that. Well, you will just have to book the liberty again to enjoy her all over again.

loved the picture with Jamie. She was the asst. CD on a couple of my cruises on the Pride. She was in a relationship with the CD Kirk Benning at the time and they were a fun and cute couple. I'm glad she has moved up to CD. I am really enjoying your report. After looking at your 1st lunch from Guy's, I am now craving a really good cheeseburger and fries !! LOL !

Wished I could have another one now too. Yes, I really enjoy Jamie as the CD.

Hello my fellow Canadian (we are from Niagara Falls)! I am thoroughly enjoying your review. We will be on board the Liberty in Jan 2013. We sailed her in 2009 before the 2.0 improvements so are looking forward to all the great changes. I can hardly wait to try my 1st Guy's burger. I am looking forward to the rest of your review!

Hey, right back at you. January will be here soon enough and you can enjoy that burger. Have a good time on your cruise.

Really nice review, you all look great!

Can you tell me what night was chocolat extravaganza and where it was?

Thanks you Canadian neighbour from Montreal!!!;)

It was not in the night, it was on the last day, during the lunch hour.

hi Bevie - I am sure enjoying your review!!! May I ask what method you used to reserve the Chef's Table? I have email John Heald and haven't heard back from him. I emailed Carnival and they said I am to book it with the Specialty Steak House Manager once on board! I have read where other posters said to email the Maitre' D, but I cannot for the life of me find an email address for the ship's Maitre' D. I sure don't know why this should feel so hard. Thank you for any info :) Janie

I sent the request through John on his blog and within a day or two I received confirmation from the steakhouse for the reservation. I know others made the request through the steakhouse also.

It is am amazing experience and I hope you get to experience it.

Thanks for the review Bevie, I love the pics and your critique. I sail Liberty before Breeze so even though I am excited about Breeze, seeing the pics puts the "can't wait" back in the anticipation. We will meet you on Breeze. You and DH look like fun people.:)

Judy

Great review bev!!! Got me beyond ready for the breeze!!! I saw you did the massage in grand Turk. And i want to do that also with hubby. So...who did you go through?? We will be doing our b2b the 8 and 16 sailing. We will be doing some chatting on the 8th sailing about what to do the next week. :-) we have nothing planned for those ports. But beaching and drinking is in the plans.

wonderful review Bevie!! I love how you just let the words flow. It was terrific having been there to experience then getting to relive it through your eyes. and you tease, not posting it all at once! brilliant! lol. I couldn't see all of your pics for some reason..something about "bandwidth exceeded" on the little graphic. *sad* Anyone know how to fix that? I'm so anxious to see all of her pics!

Folks, I have upgraded my photobucket account to pro so hopefully you will be able to see the pictures again soon.

To all my new Breeze friends, looking forward to sailing with you and creating wonderful memories.

APDMOM, I probably will do a review again as it really was fun, just time consuming.

Babyblue78, you just never know who may turn up in your photos.

wonderful review Bevie!! I love how you just let the words flow. It was terrific having been there to experience then getting to relive it through your eyes. and you tease, not posting it all at once! brilliant! lol. I couldn't see all of your pics for some reason..something about "bandwidth exceeded" on the little graphic. *sad* Anyone know how to fix that? I'm so anxious to see all of her pics!

Hey girl, I just upgraded the account to pro so hopefully it wouldn't be too long before the problem is fixed as I already received the confirmation. If not tonight then may have to wait until tomorrow. Will try to email them to find out how long it takes.

Your photos were great! Girl, I'm scared of you when you really become familiar with that camera! I can't wait until December's photos because I'm about to start Insanity (:confused:) maybe! And I missed a great Chef's Table! Man I should have booked it! Beef short ribs, salmon! I had no reason to fear!

Glad you had a great time! I love how you and your hubby coordinated your formal night outfits. Cute couple!! :)

Thanks. I try to do that with hubby, coordinate our colours.

Your photos were great! Girl, I'm scared of you when you really become familiar with that camera! I can't wait until December's photos because I'm about to start Insanity (:confused:) maybe! And I missed a great Chef's Table! Man I should have booked it! Beef short ribs, salmon! I had no reason to fear!

Are you folks able to see the pictures now coz I am still not able to see them.

With the bit of photo lessons I took, I still ended up using pretty much auto all the time. I did try to use a few different settings sometimes but it was mostly auto.

I started insanity yesterday, did the fit test and then did it again today. I don't know that I will commit to doing it for the 60 days straight, perhaps it will take me double the time but I will try to keep up with it. I need my mornings back after just finishing P90X.

Archived