Questions for cruising on Legend

DrPepper41

To give a different perspective, if you can, take your kids off the ship and do an excursion, even one of the cheaper city tours (maybe the zoo one?). My son was 9 the first time we went there and boy, was it an eyeopening experience for him, to see that not everyone lives the way we do here in the States. It definitely made a big impact on him and made him more grateful (for a time) for all that he has. Not suggesting your kids aren't, but we are so privileged here, it's hard to truly appreciate that.

Giving your kids a wider worldview is never a bad thing. Our world grows smaller every day :)

Oh, and the Mayan ruins and River Wallace tour was really wonderful, if your kids are into historical sites. The river boat ride was great, lots of wildlife. We saw howler monkeys, iguanas, lots of crocs and manatee. Lots of fun!

To give a different perspective, if you can, take your kids off the ship and do an excursion, even one of the cheaper city tours (maybe the zoo one?). My son was 9 the first time we went there and boy, was it an eyeopening experience for him, to see that not everyone lives the way we do here in the States. It definitely made a big impact on him and made him more grateful (for a time) for all that he has. Not suggesting your kids aren't, but we are so privileged here, it's hard to truly appreciate that.

Giving your kids a wider worldview is never a bad thing. Our world grows smaller every day :)

Oh, and the Mayan ruins and River Wallace tour was really wonderful, if your kids are into historical sites. The river boat ride was great, lots of wildlife. We saw howler monkeys, iguanas, lots of crocs and manatee. Lots of fun!

I whole heartedly agree, some people don't like Belize because of the poverty. But I really appreciate what I have more, after visiting a less fortunate country. When you really think about most of the ports cruiselines visit- they are poor countries & depend on the tourist $$ to survive. Belize is like Jamaica in the fact that the tour vendors are a bit pushy in their trying to sell their tours. But remember, they are just trying to feed their families. If you have a tour booked ahead of time, your guide will be at the gate looking for you.

Suggestion for the children, bring the insulated drink bottles for them to use and carry around. We did buy one soda card, and they will fill that up for you, also we would tell them no or little ice and had no problem. I used my bottle and would fill it up with ice tea or lemonade, and it worked great. The glasses they use are pretty small.

Good point. They could use a wake-up call, spoiled little kids. ;):)

Archived