Aft Cabin on Zuiderdam?

drdaddy

We have had an aft on the Explorer of the Sea and found it to be very interesting, except for the soot issue. I saw a Balcony cabin (VB) available on the Zuiderdam on the aft. It is on the Upper Promenade deck which I know is the lowest deck for balconies. This does not bother me in the least however, I KNOW that the aft on the Vista class ships is tiered. Anybody have some personal information about this cabin and what I can expect pertaining to privacy, shade, and vibrations, since everyone mentions the vibrations in the rear or the dining room.

We already have the same category booked on the same deck amidships, but was wondering if this would be worthwhile to pursue with my TA. I don't mind bugging her about something that is reasonable.

Thanks so much. Maybe a picture of this cabin category?

My husband and I just returned 4/30 on the Zuiderdam, and we had an aft cabin, 4174. It was fabulous! The room itself was much larger than other cruises, and the verandah had a lounge chair, 2 other chairs, a small table, and an ottoman. The vibration was only slight, and we didn't even notice it most of the time. There is shade, depending on which way you are sailing, of course, and if you stay closer to the glass doors, you have complete privacy. Otherwise, the verandahs above can see when you are standing by the rail. We never felt a lack of privacy. As we walked down the hallway we noticed the verandahs on the sides of the ship are much smaller. We loved watching the wake--it's very relaxing. The only time we avoided the verandah was when the afternoon sun was shining directly on us--it got too hot then, with no breeze.

We enjoyed everything about this cruise and this ship. The staff was excellent, and everyone was very friendly. Food was good, Pinnacle Grill was great too. I was a little nervous after reading some of the previous postings, but it was needless worry. We'd go on the Zuiderdam again in a heartbeat.

We had 4180 on the 3/26 sailing and LOVED it.

The aft balconies on deck 4 are not as deep as the afts on the higher decks, but that didn't both us one bit.

We always seem to have some shade, and lots of breezes when sailing. We loved sitting out there while in port too after we have come back to the ship especailly in Nassau as the ship backed in.

I did notice a small amount of soot, but I do believe the balcony was washed down every day or two (windows too). I would be carefull when wearing white shorts. We also did not get much trash as someone had reported. Only 1 straw and 1 lime wedge for the entire week.

We did feel vibrations and the first night we were keep awake some, but we got used to it very quickly and kinda missed it when we got home.

I'm sure you will love it.

Joni

We had suite 5187 and VA verandah cabin 5185. We loved both of these cabins. I would highly recommend an aft balcony cabin, the balconies are worth it.

As far as any vibrations, of course there was some, your on a ship thats on the water, your bound to feel some type of movement. Enjoy it, that's part of the cruising experience.

We have cabin 7131 for B2b Sept 10th & 17th. can't wait, love looking at the wake.. We were on the Celebrity Summit in November, and loved having our breakfast, lunch and before dinner drinks at the Waterfall Cafe Bar, on the AFT. it was our favourite place. Can't wait to have that view each and every day for 14 daya.

Archived