How do they release you from ship?

SOMBRERO6

Our past 2 cruises we used luggage express or carried our luggage off, upon our return to our home port. Can anyone give me any idea on how they get you off the ship and to the airport on time? Do they release passengers according to the deck they are on, or by airline departure times? We are planning on taking a cab from San Juan to the airport and we have a 1:00 pm flight. We are on Deck 2 of the Valor.

They announce the decks and you leave by them. However there is really no way they are checking to see if you are actually on that deck. They just take your S & S card and scan it to check you out and I seriously doubt if they will make you stay onboard if you left before your deck was called.

The night before disemabarkation your room steward will put zone tags on your bed for you to put on your luggage. You will then be called down by your zone number for disembarkation.

Self-assist is always another option but we tend to stay on the ship for as long as we can.

What's the rush to get off

kicking and screaming '' no, dont make me get off ''. :D:D

i do carry-on so i take my time getting off and let the lines get smaller. there is nothing better than being on the lido deck with a drink and snack watching the rush of the debarking process while i relax.

From past experience, the let off people that need assistance first, then people that carry off their own luggage.

If you have given them you flight times and they are early, you can get off earlier.

Then they start calling the zones. For our last three Carnival cruises, we have always been on the Panorama Deck. We've never had the same zone. I've heard that they change it for each cruise. Don't know if that's true of not but in our case, it has been.

I was on the Victory in February and had a 1:15 PM flight. I did self-assist and got to the airport quickly. I was there by about 8:30. Once you get to the airport you have to go through agricultural screening, bag check and security. That all went pretty fast. HOWEVER, as the day went on, I could see the security line getting longer and longer, and people said they waited more than an hour in security after the agricultural and bag check lines. What I'm saying is that self-assist will get you to the airport earlier and hopefully you can avoid some of those long lines. Sundays at San Juan Airport is very busy, especially when several ships are in town. Nancy

I don't like to get off the ship either! But I am looking for the most efficient way to do this. We hate airport lines! I don't think I want to look for luggage for all 8 of us if we leave it out the night before, so I guess I just talked myself into self-assist! Thanks everyone!

Archived