Oasis VS Allure

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to ask your opinion as to which ship is better and why??

I have heard that the Oasis has Cupcake Cupboard but not Allure, and Allure has the Hot Dog Stand but not on Oasis.....is this true and are there any other major differences?

Any info would be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks

Gail

Comet Cruiser

Hi everyone,

I have heard that the Oasis has Cupcake Cupboard but not Allure, and Allure has the Hot Dog Stand but not on Oasis.....is this true and are there any other major differences?

Thanks

Gail

Comet Cruiser

Hope this helps... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1625532&highlight=allure+oasis

Just wondering if anyone else has any input or help hints about the comparison? Or better yet, someone who has been on both ships to help with deciding :)

Also I think I heard there is a "right" and "wrong" cabin to choose .....something about your bed being by the closet or balcony? We always choose a balcony cabin....nothin like sittin out there enjoying the view! :D

Gail

Comet Cruiser

Hi everyone,

Thanks

Gail

Comet Cruiser

There is definitely a Cupcake Cupboard on Allure, my waist line can testify.

While I've never been on Oasis, food aside, would you rather sail on Saturday or Sunday? Or if you have a particular week you want to cruise and have a preference of eastern vs western, let that be your guide.

Also I think I heard there is a "right" and "wrong" cabin to choose .....something about your bed being by the closet or balcony? We always choose a balcony cabin....nothin like sittin out there enjoying the view! :D

Gail

Comet Cruiser

I agree with the balcony, but don't understand the sentiment about where the bed is. I think I could live with either. It was near the balcony on my last cruise and I'll wait and find out when I get there on the next one.

The Allure is a couple of inches longer than Oasis. I don't know if that's a deal breaker for you or not.;) Otherwise, yes there is a Cupcake Cupboard on the Allure. Allure has Rita's Cantina in place of the Seafood Shack, Allure has Chicago as it's main show the Oasis has Hairspray, and yes there is a difference in wether the bed is next to the balcony or the closet. Some people think the bed by the balcony makes the cabin feel as if there is more room, the layout differs due to the way the cabins were installed.

I can attest to both as I have cruised on both ships. I prefer Oasis as it appears they have all of their experienced cruise crew onboard which makes for a much better trip. Also, Richard Spacey-cruise director is awesome!

Allure, good for aiport check-in however, they brought some of the crew from Oasis to help on getting them up to speed on things. I did not care for the cruise director as he did not yet have that WOW factor.

All in all both ships are georgeous and the couple of extra inches on the Allure over the Oasis is not that big of a deal. We had an oceanview balcony and loved it very much as our bed was closest to the balcony which did make for much more room in the cabin. However, I did not go to Rita Cantina but heard it was very nice. The hot dog stand on Allure is awesome!

Having said all of this, no matter which ship you choose you will definitely like them both. Any other questions please ask away:-)

We have sailed both. It makes no difference IMHO which one you go on FIRST:) My point being, definitely do BOTH, as the entertainment is different and are all must sees! You will love either...so much so that its a no brainer as you are disembarking the Oasis, you will say to yourself that you must now sail the Allure :)

Beds make no diff IMHO (placement). You are in you room so seldom anyway.

I do think Richard Spacey made our Oasis cruise better...but I hear he is not on either anymore...just took a long contract with another RCCL class of ship :(

I agree with the balcony, but don't understand the sentiment about where the bed is. I think I could live with either. It was near the balcony on my last cruise and I'll wait and find out when I get there on the next one.

Having been on both Allure and Oasis with beds located near the closet, we found that those rooms on Oasis offered such minimal space between the bed and closet that access to the closet was extremely limited and difficult. It was especially difficult if someone was asleep in the bed nearest the closet when you wanted to get something out of the closet or hang something up. They seemed to have moved the bed a few inches further from the closet on Allure and it was possible to access the closet much more easily.

Having the sofa next to the closet was a much more comfortable arrangement.:)

I can attest to both as I have cruised on both ships. I prefer Oasis as it appears they have all of their experienced cruise crew onboard which makes for a much better trip. Also, Richard Spacey-cruise director is awesome!

I read somewhere a couple of months ago that Richard Spacey is now on the Explorer. I hope that's accurate, because I'll be on Explorer next month for part of my honeymoon. (We got engaged on the Oasis - and Richard Spacey was the cruise director back then.)

Just off of the Oasis two weeks ago and Richard Spacey is definitely no longer the CD. We loved him last year. Ricky Matthews is on until I think June 2 when Amy flicker(sp?) will return. We really missed Richard, and I do not usually pay much attention to the CD. The Rita's party looks to be much more fun than the beach party was at the seafood shack. Other than the shows the ships are more or less pretty similar. I just like leaving on a Saturday as opposed to Sunday.

We've done both and you can't go wrong with either as many have said. We do love the balcony cabins and much prefer the bed by the balcony. (We've had both)

These are strictly our opinions...

We prefered Hairspray (Oasis) over Chicago (Allure)

Dog House on Allure was AWESOME

Blue Planet on Allure was AWESOME

The outlet placement was better and ipod docks in room on Allure

Crew on Oasis was better

We like Saturday departure better (Oasis)

We are sailing Oasis again in a few months, just because the week we can sail that is the ship that goes the Eastern route. If Allure was going Eastern,we would be on her. So really, six of one, half a dozen of the other as my grandmother would say. ;)

Archived