reviews....

NiceAFT

Hi

Is there any reviews from people who have done the south pacific islands?

My dream cruise is to do the 28 day cruise on princess, that does Hawaii and the french polynesian islands......but I have 3 years to wait.

I just want to dream and see pictures of what is to come!! :o

All I would say about that trip is that the ship is far too big for these islands and that because it's so big it's limited where it can stop. Consequently, there are long days at sea between Hawaii and French Polynesia. Try and find a smaller ship, maybe the Paul Gauguin, which has nice cruises in French Polynesia. Hawaii isn't really a cruise destination at all in my view - it's a resort and drive sort of place because the islands are so much larger than French Polynesia.

We have done the 15 day out of Ensenada Mexico to Hawaii it was pleasant depending on your time of year as the trip over can be cool weather. We did enjoy having the ship move us from island to island, so I do not agree that this is only a drive and stay place. If you do not like long days at sea with nothing in sight then do not choose a cruise that travels from Hawaii to F&P. do as the above says and we have done go on P&G and travel between the islands getting in close for the full pleasure of each island.(big ships can not do this)

We have visited Hawaii three times over the years and have been to the South Pacific three times over the past two years. The South Pacific, specific to the beaches, water activities, snorkeling and diving is far superior to Hawaii. Hawaii is nice but one you go to the South Pacific you will be blown away by the differences.

The Paul Gauguin at 330 passengers is a great option for French Polynesia. They offer 7 -14 night cruises departing out of Tahiti and the trip is really all inclusive. All drinks (alcohol and soft drinks) and gratuities are included. There is no charge for a specialty restaurant. The staff are superb. Only shore excursions are extra and one day is spent on their private Motu which is no charge. Their 7 night cruise is just under $5,000 per person and that includes air out of LAX. Compared to other options in French Polynesia this is a good rate.

• 2 weeks later...
We have visited Hawaii three times over the years and have been to the South Pacific three times over the past two years. The South Pacific, specific to the beaches, water activities, snorkeling and diving is far superior to Hawaii. Hawaii is nice but one you go to the South Pacific you will be blown away by the differences.

The Paul Gauguin at 330 passengers is a great option for French Polynesia. They offer 7 -14 night cruises departing out of Tahiti and the trip is really all inclusive. All drinks (alcohol and soft drinks) and gratuities are included. There is no charge for a specialty restaurant. The staff are superb. Only shore excursions are extra and one day is spent on their private Motu which is no charge. Their 7 night cruise is just under $5,000 per person and that includes air out of LAX. Compared to other options in French Polynesia this is a good rate.

Oh that is great info...Im going to look into that cruise line. but how big is the boat?? 330 passengers......Ive never done a small boat before....:eek:

The size of this ship is why it is perfect for F&P because unlike other lines it can pull into areas the big ships can not. The only time we had some rough seas is from Tahiti to Raiatea after that it was smooth all the way (that was only at night.)

Archived