You dont tip the photographer , but we must to tip the waiter!!

I wonder why people don’t tip the photographer, the security guy,

the guy with the costume when you get off the ship or the guy cleaning the elevator bottoms?

Its funny how some people defend by all means when someone is trying on cutting the tip for the waiter or the steward ,

what make them so special that we have to tip them?

people don’t tip the photographer and he/she takes pic of you everyday or the security he is watching us every night but wait ,

we must tip the waiter and the steward , it makes no sense to me

The photographer doesn't spend 20-30 minutes a day cleaning my toilet, making my bed, or emptying my trash cans.

The photographer doesn't spend 90 minutes a day taking my meal orders, bringing me my food, filling my empty drink glass, and clearing away dirty dishes.

The photographer is most likely paid a more lucrative contract wage than those who wipe tables and wash dishes.

The photographer is most likely paid a more lucrative contract wage than those who wipe tables and wash dishes.

this

ETA: but hey, there is nothing to stop you from tipping as may other people as you wish - go for it

I wonder why people don’t tip the photographer, the security guy,

the guy with the costume when you get off the ship or the guy cleaning the elevator bottoms?

Its funny how some people defend by all means when someone is trying on cutting the tip for the waiter or the steward ,

what make them so special that we have to tip them?

people don’t tip the photographer and he/she takes pic of you everyday or the security he is watching us every night but wait ,

we must tip the waiter and the steward , it makes no sense to me

Were you born yesterday? Or maybe you are just joking. MOST people understand the difference between hourly, salaried and base + tips positions.

There is nothing that needs defending. The system on the ships is set up as is. You either tip or you stiff. Your choice. NO ONE is forcing you to do either. Not even Royal Caribbean. Your choice, your Karma. Good luck!

P.S. On a side note during my last cruise (10-nts Western Caribbean) I never used the ships photographers service, not at all, never.

However during that same 10-night cruise I did EAT and SLEEP and rather enjoyed the services provided by the hotel and restaurant staff quite a few times, every single day, multiple times a day. A LOT as a matter of fact.

And unlike the ships photographers the hotel and restaurant staff didn't charge me $20 (the cost of an 8X10 picture) or $100 (the cost of a picture package) every time that I used or benefited from their services.

Were you born yesterday? Or maybe you are just joking. MOST people understand the difference between hourly, salaried and base + tips positions.

There is nothing that needs defending. The system on the ships is set up as is. You either tip or you stiff. Your choice. NO ONE is forcing you to do either. Not even Royal Caribbean. Your choice, your Karma. Good luck!

I really don't think the OP actually thought this out before posting the thread. :rolleyes:

And unlike the ships photographers the hotel and restaurant staff didn't charge me $20 (the cost of an 8X10 picture)

actually , the restaurant staff charge you even higher than the $20 for the 8x10 , the restaurant staff cgarge over $25 for speciallty restaurant :confused:

actually , the restaurant staff charge you even higher than the $20 for the 8x10 , the restaurant staff cgarge over $25 for speciallty restaurant :confused:

Actually RCI makes the charge for Portofino at $20 pp and Chops Grille charge $30 pp and this is a cover charge for the dining experience which includes a gratuity, not all the amount is the gratuity.

Sorry, but this is how it works on a cruise ship, RCI are no different to most others as far as I am aware.

so , we have to tip them because they dont have a lucrative contract?

As said before, you don't HAVE to do anything. Pull your tips, withdraw the automatic daily service charges to your account. That's on you.

But there is a huge difference between someone who is getting paid a couple of dollars a DAY plus their compensation that comes in the form of tips, than that of someone who is getting a professional grade salary negotiated by contract by their company (which is not part of the cruise line) and then charges you (what most agree outrageously) for their result of their services.

Wrong again. Only a very small part of that is the service charge (tip) that goes to the wait staff. The majority of that covers the food and preparations cost.

Nice try though. :cool:

Simple. The waitstaff brings me my meal and the steward cleans my room. I like that!:D On the otherhand, the photographer is a pain in the arse!;)

Hehehehehe....LMAO. I think I just about spewed Crystal Light all over my laptop screen. :D

The $25 (or more) service charge is for service AND better quality food. It is just called a service charge. No way do you get the quality of beef or seafood in the MDR that you get in the Specialty restaurant. Again MOST people know this and understand this.

Please do your homework before you travel.

Oh and by all means, stiff the help. They just leave their families for months at a time to service you and then get stiffed by you. I mean, why do they need to make a living wage? YOU get to choose. Tip or stiff. Karma baby, Karma. Please come back and tell us how that works out for you.

Chops Grille charge $30 pp and this is a cover charge for the dining experience

yeah $30 just so you think you are not in a cruise for an hour or so and a waitter that smile even more :p, I wonder in what deck is the food from Chops Grille made , because it cant be from the kitchen that prefer food for the MDR, yo guys are paying $30 :)

Methinks Netgear2020 MAY be from the UK, but he/she definitely is one of the following:

1. Wants to get a reaction by posting argumentative comments

Or

2. Isn't very travel savvy and actually may be unable to understand the basic rules of of life.

My money is on number 1.

Wrong again. Only a very small part of that is the service charge (tip) that goes to the wait staff. The majority of that covers the food and preparations cost.

As I said before in other words, so the food came from the kitchen on deck 10 right , those people are paying over $29 , IM sure the chefs wont use the ugly kitchen for food from the MDR :o

As I said before in other words, so the food came from the kitchen on deck 10 right , those people are paying over $29 , IM sure the chefs wont use the ugly kitchen for food from the MDR :o

You have obviously never been in Chops or were not very observant if you were. The kitchen in Chops is it's own.

The $25 (or more) service charge is for service AND better quality food. It is just called a service charge. No way do you get the quality of beef or seafood in the MDR that you get in the Specialty restaurant.

Yeah , Im sure we all can taste the difference betwenn coke and pepsi;)

I can tell you've either 1) Never cruised or 2) Never eaten in a specialty restaurant.

Most of the specialty restaurants have their own separate kitchen, usually within view or attached to the venue, and not the same one used by the MDR. And the main courses and desserts (and the recipes used) on the menus are often items not available in the MDR. Several specialty restaurants serve fine Asian, Italian, French, or Steak and Seafood cuisine with a more epicurean experience where it receives more individualized attention and arrives at the table promptly after it is prepared. In some cases the meal is prepared, in full, table side one-on-one with you and your waiter. And the experience of dining in a smaller venue rather than one that seats 1000 passengers may be worth the cost alone for most people.

Not sure what your reference to Deck 10 is about? Have you even ever been on a ship?:rolleyes::cool:

I can tell you've either 1) Never cruised or 2) Never eaten in a specialty restaurant.

Most of the specialty restaurants have their own separate kitchen, usually within view or attached to the venue, and not the same one used by the MDR. And the main courses and desserts (and the recipes used) on the menus are often items not available in the MDR. Several specialty restaurants serve fine Asian, Italian, French, or Steak and Seafood cuisine with a more epicurean experience where it receives more individualized attention and arrives at the table promptly after it is prepared. In some cases the meal is prepared, in full, table side one-on-one with you and your waiter. And the experience of dining in a smaller venue rather than one that seats 1000 passengers may be worth the cost alone for most people.

Not sure what your reference to Deck 10 is about? Have you even ever been on a ship?:rolleyes::cool:

Exactly.

Netgear 2020 is a wannabe cruiser.

Archived