? About a bikini wax........ help.

Ok I feel:o:o:o

But, I never had one. I always just shave or trim ok TMI I know..

Well there is a esthetician next to my work and thought that I would get waxed with one area being the bikini wax..

Any advice on it?

So how bad am I going to yell? The after part how bad?

I do it before vacations. Take an advil beforehand. It stings but only for a few seconds. The first time you get waxed hurts the most. You'll also see better results if you go in with longer hair cause then the wax has something to grab on to. I tend listen to my iPod while it's going on so I kind of zone out. But it is lovely not to have to shave on vacation.

I do it before vacations also. The discomfort depends on what kind of a bikini wax you get also. Some, like a Brazilian, remove the hair from more areas, so it takes longer. A typical "American" works for most bathing suits and won't take long at all.

Ever had a massage? Then you already know what it's like to have a stranger move your body around and treat you professionally. Just let them do their job, and it will be over before you know it. And you won't have to worry about trying to shave in the tiny shower in your cruise cabin!

One bit of advice: If you are prone to ingrown hair, make sure you exfoliate before going to your appointment.

Do it a month or so before your cruise, so you can tell if you like the results! Give yourself enough time to re-do right before the cruise if it works for you.

Daughter's 1st waxing took skin off....hurt like crazy and looked (according to her!) awful! So, give it a "test run"!

My hair grows so quickly, that waxing isn't effective....I'd still need to shave within a week's time...

I keep some green aloe gel in the fridge, and apply when I go to bed after "wax day." It is very soothing and by morning any redness is gone.

Different salons use different waxes, and some are better than others. I like the chocolate wax best.

If your first experience isn't positive, try again until you find someone you like. IMO not having to shave and not having stubble on vacation is worth a bit of trouble.

Go for it! I just went for a French wax 2 days before my 5/13 cruise. Like some have said, not all salons are the same. I went to one lady and she did a great job. I didn't think to ask for her the 2nd time, thinking there all the same. RONG! This other girl was young and inexperienced, I bruised really bad and there was some bleading. Needless to say, I went back to the other woman. This last time, I found out the woman I use, left the spa I use.:( A friend recommended the woman she uses and it was a great experience. She was friendly and chatty. Something I like because it makes me less embarrassed. One word of advice, don't wear underwear during the waxing. They've seen it all and it's easer to wax if there not working around it. There is some discomfort, but the results are great!

I've been having bikini (and/or Brasilians) waxes regularly for 9-10 years now.

Nowadays I only go every 10-12 weeks and even then there isn't much to be waxed.

I think it's worth both the money and discomfort (it's never been more than that for me).

Try it twice. First time may be worse or better than the second and then you'll know for sure.

I have had waxing done before vacation (and summer time) for about 30 years and there is hardly any hair left on my legs - upper and lower. I could take off the soft regrowth with a tweezer in a few minutes.

To me, that is worth the discomfort in the beginning. No discomfort now.;)

Archived