RADIANCE suite

I have booked suite 1060 then someone said I should have booked suite 1600.Can any one tell me the difference.I have never been in a suite before and will be my first cruise on the radiance

Thanks

Tracey

I have booked suite 1060 then someone said I should have booked suite 1600.Can any one tell me the difference.I have never been in a suite before and will be my first cruise on the radiance

Thanks

Tracey

Keep 1060. It's the normal grand suite layout which includes a big bar area. That comes in handy. It's a great central location and has an extra large balcony.

1600 has a larger balcony but the lay out isn't normal and many people don't even like the layout. It's at the back of the ship. If you feel a burning desire to be at the back and look at the wake, then maybe that's the suite you want.

I personally would LOVE to have 1060 and have no desire for 1600.

There are posts about 1600 if you run a search. Some people say there is wasted space back there and that the bed is set at an odd angle.

And, Radiance is my favorite ship. I've been on it over a dozen times - maybe 14 or 15 times. I've lost track. :)

Gina

The only difference is location. One is on the side of the ship just behind the "bump" (which may be only limiting with your forward view somewhat) but is central to the ship and convenient to the elevators. And the other is an aft-facing stateroom at the very back of the ship, which has a view that is very nice and liked by many. They are both a GS and have essentially the same offerings in terms of space, etc. Just a preference as to where you want to be on the ship. I would be more curious as to why one was recommeded over the other, but likely it is only that individual's personal preference. One is not better than the other aside from that.

The only difference is location. One is on the side of the ship just behind the "bump" (which may be only limiting with your forward view somewhat) but is central to the ship and convenient to the elevators. And the other is an aft-facing stateroom at the very back of the ship, which has a view that is very nice and liked by many. They are both a GS and have essentially the same offerings in terms of space, etc. Just a preference as to where you want to be on the ship. I would be more curious as to why one was recommeded over the other, but likely it is only that individual's personal preference. One is not better than the other aside from that.

Have you ever heard about "aft luvers"????:D

These are the ones that when the Rhapsody was refurbished just over a month ago..........and lost their aft cabins because of a cabin number change..........that went ballistic..........well...........those are aft lovers!!:)

It does not matter if 1600 were triangular and painted in hot pink.........there are some that will take it, no matter what, because the balcony faces the aft of the ship..............and they love it!!;)

My DW, who cruises more often than I do, would not be caught dead in an afte situation, because, after all of her cruises, she still gets sea sick. I wonder why she still has cruising in her blood??:rolleyes:

Rick

Thanks for the advice, I think I will stick with 1060 and try my luck.

Nice choice, IMHO! I'm sure that you have checked out all of the full suite perks............you are entitled to them all!

Actually, looking back, we have stayed in 1060, and it's a great GS!!:)

Rick

Nice choice, IMHO! I'm sure that you have checked out all of the full suite perks............you are entitled to them all!

Actually, looking back, we have stayed in 1060, and it's a great GS!!:)

Rick

Can you tell me if there are special invites for suite guest on Radiance/Alaska itinerary?

Can you tell me if there are special invites for suite guest on Radiance/Alaska itinerary?

An officers suite party for one, an invite to the bridge, as each captain allows it, CL, suite ammenities, and much more attention given to those that hold a "gold card."!!;)

Rick

We always book 1060 on the Radiance. It is ideally located and has the best balcony (after the RS) on the ship imho. 1600 is aft and we do not care for that location or the resulting weird layout of this GS. The aft-ers can have it, lol....Enjoy.

Have you ever heard about "aft luvers"????:D

These are the ones that when the Rhapsody was refurbished just over a month ago..........and lost their aft cabins because of a cabin number change..........that went ballistic..........well...........those are aft lovers!!:)

It does not matter if 1600 were triangular and painted in hot pink.........there are some that will take it, no matter what, because the balcony faces the aft of the ship..............and they love it!!;)

My DW, who cruises more often than I do, would not be caught dead in an afte situation, because, after all of her cruises, she still gets sea sick. I wonder why she still has cruising in her blood??:rolleyes:

Rick

Again - I think its a matter of personal preference. We've literally been in staterooms located all over the ship - front facing, forward sides, midship, promenade (kids), inside (kids), aft sides, decks 6-12 - and and in categories from inside, outside window, balcony, JS, FS, GS. The only location we haven't had is aft facing - and we want to try that. There are locations we like for different reasons but can't make a call on the aft until we try it - which we expect to do next spring on Brilliance.

Archived