Monarch Nassau Docking Position Question

When Monarch docks in Nassau does it pull into the port (facing the bridge to Paradise Island) or does it spin around and back into the berth so that the aft portion of the ship is facing the bridge?

I'm getting ready to book a 3 night cruise to carry us over until our November sailing and would prefer to have the cabin on the side that will look onto downtown instead of at Paradise Island. I realize it is not a "guarantee" the ship will dock one way or the other, but I have a feeling it usually docks a certain way.

Any help most appreciated. Thanks...

Whatever the Captain/Pilot agree on.

I know that to be the case in Costa Maya, Jewel was supposed to go to one spot, The new Disney ship, Magic?, asked for that spot. When we had trouble making the gulf side because of rough waves, the Jewel captain told the Harbor Master to tell the Disney captain to grow a pair and take his assigned spot.

Does it really matter? Just enjoy the stay !

To them it does, yes or they probably wouldn't ask, I don't think they were intenionally trying to annoy you as I might be now :p. It makes a difference to me frequently.

I have seen them back in more often then pull in. Depending on the assigned docking area, you might have another ship next to you regardless of docking direction. This will block BOTH the “town side” as well as the “Paradise Island side” view.

Enjoy

M

I have seen them back in more often then pull in. Depending on the assigned docking area, you might have another ship next to you regardless of docking direction. This will block BOTH the “town side” as well as the “Paradise Island side” view.

Enjoy

M

Unless your own Allure/Oasis, it overlooks everything. Great view from the pool deck.

Archived