Alaska Photo Countdown to 7/13!

Which is your favoriteAlaska Cruise Port/Stop?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your favoriteAlaska Cruise Port/Stop?

• Ketchikan
    • Haines
    • Sitka
    • Juneau
    • Icy Straight Point
    • Juneau
    • Hubbard Glacier
    • Glacier Bay
    • Seward
    • Whittier
    • Anchorage
    • Vancouver
    • Other

Hey All,

Time is getting short now! Here are a few shots from the Denali area:

Moose n Babies!!!

IMG_5383-b.jpg

Dall Sheep grazing

IMG_4987-b.jpg

Caribou bedded down

IMG_4872-b.jpg

3 days and a wake up (with TWO work days to go)!!!

L.J.

Can't find a word that would describe your photographs other than "are we there yet"?

We are doing the R/T Seattle July 29. Our sixth trip to Alaska, but first trip to Tracy Arms. I just can't get enough of Alaska.

Many love to sail the warm sandy beaches of the Caribbean...not me, give me the snow capped mountains of Alaska!

Can't find a word that would describe your photographs other than "are we there yet"?

We are doing the R/T Seattle July 29. Our sixth trip to Alaska, but first trip to Tracy Arms. I just can't get enough of Alaska.

Many love to sail the warm sandy beaches of the Caribbean...not me, give me the snow capped mountains of Alaska!

Well in honor of your R/T from Seattle, I bring you...Seattle and snowcapped Mt. Rainier!

SeattlePanorama1.jpg

Have a great trip!

L.J.

Hello everyone, you are now reading this thread in the photo board area.

We have created a special thread in the Alaska boards just for countdown threads where you may also post daily about the excitement of your upcoming cruise. Click here to find that thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1664206

Thank you and happy cruising!

Hello All,

Here are a couple of pics for today!

Ketchikan float planes...

IMG_0010.jpg

Learning to kayak...

IMG_4247.jpg

Racing Dalls Porpoises!

IMG_4108-b.jpg

2 days and a wake up!!!

L.J.

LJ and Bev- Have a spectacular great time!! I have enjoyed your photo countdown and all of your thoughtful messages to those of us still waiting to go!

Linda, I just noticed that you are in Citrus Heights. Greetings from Fair Oaks Village! :D

You're going to have a wonderful time in Alaska. If you have any specific questions, feel free to email me at aladylawyer @ hotmail . com (all smushed together).

~ Lorna

LJ and Bev- Have a spectacular great time!! I have enjoyed your photo countdown and all of your thoughtful messages to those of us still waiting to go!

Thanks Linda! I'll post our during our trip as much as I can, and then a more in depth review when we get back. It'll be a new thread - maybe they won't move it to the photography page then...:cool:.

L.J.

Hey have an awesome trip!! Yep I agree - it kinda sux that these posts are getting moved to the photo discussion forum??? These posts are about ALASKA and just happen to have photos!! (Just venting!!) Looking forward to your trip report!!:)

Hey have an awesome trip!! Yep I agree - it kinda sux that these posts are getting moved to the photo discussion forum??? These posts are about ALASKA and just happen to have photos!! (Just venting!!) Looking forward to your trip report!!:)

Agreed! If it was a trip review, then its ok to stay in the Alaska forum. If it

s a general collection of Alaska expereinces and memories, it gets moved? Generally threads here in the photo forum are pretty short - mostly people asking questions about photography - cameras, lenses. Our threads really shouldn't have been moved here IMO. I guess almost 11,000 views on the Alaska board is a bad thing - ???:confused:. Oh well! Let'em move my review when I get back, because it'll have a lot of pictures too!!!:D

L.J.

L.J.

Linda, I just noticed that you are in Citrus Heights. Greetings from Fair Oaks Village! :D

You're going to have a wonderful time in Alaska. If you have any specific questions, feel free to email me at aladylawyer @ hotmail . com (all smushed together).

~ Lorna

Neighbor!!--I will take you up on the Alaska questions in a few weeks :) Thanks for the offer. Have a Happy and safe 4th. You won't see us at Sunrise Mall looking at the fireworks. We have two cats who go crazy with the noise.

Hey All,

First to last day before we head north! HEre are some ship and scenic photos for today...

Radiance main atrium looking up...

IMG_8741.jpg

Radiance main atrium looking down...

IMG_0063.jpg

Fish Kissin'

20090527_AKXTIandGreen_0013-b.jpg

Waterfall in the Lynn Canal

IMG_1900.jpg

Icy Straight Point tender dock and historic cannery

IMG_2975.jpg

One day and a wake up!

ONE day of work!!!

L.J.

L.J. et all ~

thanks to you & everybody else, for your help in deciding to book the alaskan cruise! all of the lovely photo's and info got me off the fence :D the scenery is fabulous, of course, but OH the whales! so majestic!

very much looking forward to hearing about & viewing the up coming cruise!!!

safe travels & calm seas L.J. & Bev

L.J. et all ~

thanks to you & everybody else, for your help in deciding to book the alaskan cruise! all of the lovely photo's and info got me off the fence :D the scenery is fabulous, of course, but OH the whales! so majestic!

very much looking forward to hearing about & viewing the up coming cruise!!!

safe travels & calm seas L.J. & Bev

Thanks!!! I'm so glad you decided to go - you have a blast!

L.J.

Neighbor!!--I will take you up on the Alaska questions in a few weeks :) Thanks for the offer. Have a Happy and safe 4th. You won't see us at Sunrise Mall looking at the fireworks. We have two cats who go crazy with the noise.

Talk to you then. I did a review of my tours (all private tours), in case you're interested. It's on the Alaska Board, a few pages back. But I have all the info in my "Cruise Book."

I was surprised to hear that Sunrise Mall cancelled the fireworks this year. However, since the noise also makes my cats crazy, I'm not too disappointed.

TTYL! ~ Lorna

Wrapping up the carry on packing and photo gear tonight - we leave tomorrow, so - a late, quick post!

Alaska Railraod bridge just north of the main entrance to Denali National Park.

IMG_5350-b.jpg

We leave TOMORROW!!!

No more work!!!

Wahoo!!!

L.J.

Hope you have a great trip!! Thank you again for pictures and sharing your countdown with us. :D

I'm glad you enjoyed them. We leave in 35 minutes to begin our adventure! Have a great trip yourself next month!

L.J.

Hey All,

This is the final post before we start our journey this afternoon. Thanks to everyone who has followed along so far. Given the time lag and our crazy schedule tomorrow, I may not get to post for a day or two.

The Alaska Range south of Denali:

IMG_5457-b.jpg

The creek at Creek Street, Ketchikan:

IMG_9824.jpg

Skagway waterfall headed up the White Pass to the Yukon:

IMG_2343-b-Edit.jpg

Inside Passage as dawn breaks:

IMG_8776-bcrop.jpg

Ice cave, Hubbard Glacier:

IMG_3400-b.jpg

Headed to the airport in 27 minutes, wheels up in 3 hours, 22 minutes!!!

L.J.

Sorry I missed your late post last night ... I was already asleep. I hope you got a few winks before heading out this morning. Bon voyage and thanks again for posting your photos and answering questions. We leave next Friday and I will miss your countdown. Looking forward to the new posts! Did you have to hit a phone booth on the way to the airport to change?;) Have a wonderful time, Superman!:D

T-Rox

Archived