Norway Strikes inc port pilots!

LibraLass41

The AIS site shows a interesting picture this morning. A large ship ? of the Seas has just arrived at Geiranger and another smaller one is following her in. A Costa vessel is approaching Stavanger. Balmoral is on its way to Hamburg, not the Kiel Canal.

This was put on their facebook page

We are aware of the public sector strike that is currently ongoing in Norway.

As a result there has been an impact on some ships calling to Norwegian points, mainly calls to Oslo. We are currently monitoring the situation closely and working with our local agents on contingency plans.

Should there be any impact on our itineraries then the Captain will communicate the information to our passengers as soon as possible. Due to the fluid nature of the situation we are not able to advise in advance if calls will be affected.

So please assume everything is business as usual, and we will notify you if the situation changes.

We look forward to welcoming you on board our ships and wish you a fantastic holiday.

Yes I saw that and commentated,'' its not just Oslo is it? as Aurora and FO Balmoral were refused Bergen yesterday?' and they deleted it!!! They are trying to play it down, but they are not communicating the true picture yet.

Getting even more worried now then, that they don't want to tell people how bad it is....

Sorry Libra, I didn't explain myself properly in my first post - I meant that they can't expect to send these ships to other ports, because surely every other cruise liner is going to want to find alternative ports?

tyrole

I have a bad cold too ! Sneezing runny nose and thumping head so know exactly how you feel,hubby had it driving down to Southampton for our Fjords cruise/

I do hope it all works out for you all.

:)

tyrole

I have a bad cold too ! Sneezing runny nose and thumping head so know exactly how you feel,hubby had it driving down to Southampton for our Fjords cruise/

I do hope it all works out for you all.

:)

ah get better soon xx

Luckily I still have tomorrow to recover. I'd have to stay in my cabin if I was away today as it wouldn't be fair on others.

I can't find hubbies dicky bow or cufflinks and he seems to think its my fault!!!!! I don't wear them :rolleyes:

ah get better soon xx

Luckily I still have tomorrow to recover. I'd have to stay in my cabin if I was away today as it wouldn't be fair on others.

I can't find hubbies dicky bow or cufflinks and he seems to think its my fault!!!!! I don't wear them :rolleyes:

Well it can't be our fault, we're men!:D Phil

I understand the strikers are those who pilot the pilot boats and not the pilots who board the ships.

Pilots for fjords board in Bergen or Stavangar and stay with the ship throughout the Fjords.

Ryndam and Brilliance of the Seas are in Bergen right now, so no problems there.

Its bad enough packing for the Fjords anyway cos of changeable weather - but when you don't know where you'l be ending up?!!

Could do with a portable wardrobe!!

Via somewhere not raining would be good!

Hope you fellow travellers recover from your colds!

See you Saturday or at least Sunday - times changed a bit - 10am now.

lol Tom I have just seen all the comments on there definately not me :D, I wouldn't be complaining on any forum about things that hadn't actually happened to me, there is still time for the strike to be called off or P&O to sort something out. fingers crossed for you all who are cruising soon

Tom I haven't commented on it on facebook :confused: I saw P&O's comment come up on my ticker and knew there was something on here about it, I haven't been back to it since

I don't go until mid July so not worried for myself

The confusion is caused by the fact that LibraLass is also a Sue....

Just had a text from my parents on board Arcadia to say that they are heading back to Zeebrugge! Not quite sure how they have been affected so far, but originally scheduled for Stavanger tomorrow but now at sea followed by Bruges before home on Sunday.

No other information but sounds like things have escalated.

Shrinkingsue, no its me I'm Sue, I wasn't complaining!! I was commentating that my comments had disappeared from the thread on the Nrway strike...as P&O are withholding latest info and saying 'mainly Oslo affected' which is at least 24hrs out of date information as we all know now that Bergen too has not accepted cruise ships and now Arcadia has been refused at Stavanger dock

Also read on Facebook....

''The Arcadia is unable to dock at Stavanger tomorrow (friday) and instead will be at sea until Saturday, and will then go to Zeebrugge'

Just had a text from my parents on board Arcadia to say that they are heading back to Zeebrugge! Not quite sure how they have been affected so far, but originally scheduled for Stavanger tomorrow but now at sea followed by Bruges before home on Sunday.

No other information but sounds like things have escalated.

I would guess that they have swopped Stavanger then for a day in Brugge,

after being refused. Looking at the brochure ports all seem out of order anyway as they were due in Bergen on 1st June. but agree it has escalated if other Norway ports are not taking the ships.

C - Pack tshirts and deck sunbathing gear you may end up in N Europe, even if you go to Fjords you may need sunbathing gear anyway if its as nice as it was last week. FINGERS CROSSED IT ALL WORKS OUT FOR YOU ALL THIS WEEKEND:)

Pack tshirts and deck sunbathing gear you may end up in N Europe, even if you go to Fjords you may need sunbathing gear anyway if its as nice as it was last week. FINGERS CROSSED IT ALL WORKS OUT FOR YOU ALL THIS WEEKEND:)

Thanks for taking the time to post all the helpful info on here LibraLass. Much appreciated.

Archived