Formal nights on Solstice dress code

shrifk

I know this subject has been discussed a lot in this forum. I prefer to wear a sport jacket with matching trousers with shirt & tie that can also be worn to the MDR on non formal nights. My wife will be dressed up on formal nights but not wearing a gown. With interchangeable slacks gives me more dress options than bringing a suit or tux. Will a sport jacket and slacks with shirt & tie be o.k. And will I look out of place.

Thanks for help and ideas.

You probably won't be the only one, but that really is more appropriate for the "smart casual and above" nights rather than formal nights. If you are eating in one of the specialty restaurants they are "smart casual and above" every night.

I know this subject has been discussed a lot in this forum. I prefer to wear a sport jacket with matching trousers with shirt & tie that can also be worn to the MDR on non formal nights. My wife will be dressed up on formal nights but not wearing a gown. With interchangeable slacks gives me more dress options than bringing a suit or tux. Will a sport jacket and slacks with shirt & tie be o.k. And will I look out of place.

You will have no problem.

You didn't mention what cruise you were planning. I noticed a big difference in passenger dressing-attitude in the Carribean cruises and those on our TransAtlantic cruises. I'm not sure the Solstice does the Carribean, but you get the idea.;)

You will fit right in. I specifically checked each of the 3 formal nights on a recent Equinox transatlantic and I saw many men wearing a sport coat, dress shirt, and tie and some with no tie. No one got turned away as far as I could tell. Enjoy your cruise.

On our "Solstice" Med cruise in May you saw quite a lot of formal evening clothes, but also many jackets/ties/slacks, suits, some with jackets and ties, others without ties but in a jacket or blazer. Quite often the ladies were dressed up to the nines but the accompanying men wore more casual clothes.

So I'd say 90% of the people I saw were dressed up, but the interpretation of "formal" was a bit different by many - and nobody seemed to care, at least not openly.

Just back from Solstice Med cruise. You will have no issue as I also just packed a sport jacket and no suit. Yes there were some guys wearing tux but only few. Most ladies had slacks or nice dress

How many formal nights are there on The Med cruise? We will be on 9/20/2012 from Barcelona and didnt think to even ask.. Thanks!

Will a sport jacket and slacks with shirt & tie be o.k. And will I look out of place.

You will not feel out of place. Key here on formal nights is the tie and dress slacks. Wearing dress jeans with an open colared shirt with jacket wouldn't be close enough to the "formal" atmosphere Celebrity guidelines point to.

Have a great time!

You will be fine and not turned away.If dining in MDR on Formal night,I wear a blazer,slacks shirt and tie.

In March on Solstice in the Carribean my DH wore a long sleeved dress shirt & trousers as we were dining in a speciality restaurant. He visited the MDR first to arrange some wine be sent up there & was stopped at the door & asked if he were dining. He explained & was allowed in, but got the distinct impression he was about to be pulled up on his lack of a jacket.I would say on that cruise dark suits & tux were 70/30 however on last Med Cruise from Venice the tux wearers way outnumbered the others & it was the first time DH hadn't taken his. However he felt OK in smart jacket shirt & tie. Relax & enjoy !!!!!

Archived