Need some FLL hotel advice!

socallisa

Hi Everyone!

I'm flying into Ft. Lauderdale in October for the Blake Shelton Cruise that leaves out of Miami. My friend and I (in our early 30s) are choosing to stay at a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale for one night before we shuttle to the POM the next morning. I'm trying to find a fun, cool place to stay for the night. If I look at the "beach" area, it seems like all the reviews say that there are no shops and restaurants nearby. I know we want to spend some of the day at the beach and maybe do some shopping, and then have a nice dinner somewhere. Should I be looking somewhere else? ANY info would be appreciated!

Lots of restaurants on the beach - not sure where you are reading there are none. For 30 year old looking for 'fun and cool'. I would recommend W Fort Lauderdale Beach. Shopping at Galleria is fairly close and some good restaurants (PF Changs, Truluck, Seasons 52) are located at mall as well.

Lots of restaurants on the beach - not sure where you are reading there are none. For 30 year old looking for 'fun and cool'. I would recommend W Fort Lauderdale Beach. Shopping at Galleria is fairly close and some good restaurants (PF Changs, Truluck, Seasons 52) are located at mall as well.

I was on the Trip Advisor pages...

I saw the W, a little pricey. Found some good deals on the Ocean Sky Resort, Il Lugano and B Ocean. Are those anywhere near the W?

I heard that Los Olas is where to shop? I have no idea since I've never been. Just trying to find a nice location since we won't have a car.

Thanks for your advice!

W or the Westin are good. Las Olas Blvd has the Riverside Hotel. An older original hotel on a street with bars, restaurants and specialty shops. (It's not a beach hotel)

You probably would be happy moving around via water taxi to the different waterfront places to hang.

The "cool" hotel in Fort Lauderdale is the W. They have a pool party on weekends with a DJ. There are 2 bars in the hotel, the lobby bar and Whiskey Blue. It's only 2 miles from Galleria Mall which you can get to by SunTrolley directly. The burgers at the pool are awesome.

Riverside Hotel is in the middle of downtown, surrounded by boutiques, galleries, clubs, and restaurants. The action for people your age is west of there at Vibe and Yolo and east of there at Rocco's Taco's and Solita. The hotel is historic so it doesn't have a cool vibe but it's classy.

Gallery One hotel is next to Galleria Mall and has a water taxi stop. Blue Martini is a fun bar/club at the mall. The hotel is nice and you get Hilton points.

Ocean Sky Resort, Il Lugano and B Ocean are not by the W. B Ocean is walking distance to Galleria Mall (about 5 blocks) and across the street from the beach. Ocean Sky and Il Lugano are not in a neighborhood that you would consider fun at your age.

Royal, can you tell me a litttle about the B hotel? Where exactly is it located? Is it close to the beach and shopping? I see it featured in many hotel/flight packages with a decent price? Is it an older property? Thanks in advance. You are always a good source for information. Bob:)

Royal, can you tell me a litttle about the B hotel? Where exactly is it located? Is it close to the beach and shopping? I see it featured in many hotel/flight packages with a decent price? Is it an older property? Thanks in advance. You are always a good source for information. Bob:)

The B...

It is on the SW corner of Sunrise Blvd and A1A, across from the beach. There are a few (junky) beach stores, casual restaurants, bars, and tatoo parlors around the corner. The hotel has an upscale Asian restaurant. The neighborhood is safe. Galleria Mall is about 5 blocks west on Sunrise, over the intracoastal bridge, and just before that is Gallery One hotel with water taxi stop. The property is old and was formerly a Holiday Inn. It was shut down and fully renovated by B hotels, a brand new small and expanding chain. There are ocean views but no balconies, and the small pool does not overlook the beach.

Hi Everyone!

I'm flying into Ft. Lauderdale in October for the Blake Shelton Cruise that leaves out of Miami. My friend and I (in our early 30s) are choosing to stay at a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale for one night before we shuttle to the POM the next morning. I'm trying to find a fun, cool place to stay for the night. If I look at the "beach" area, it seems like all the reviews say that there are no shops and restaurants nearby. I know we want to spend some of the day at the beach and maybe do some shopping, and then have a nice dinner somewhere. Should I be looking somewhere else? ANY info would be appreciated!

Can't help with the hotel but we were looking at the cruise this morning. There will be two young women appearing on the cruise, Nik & Sam. They are sisters and they are managed by my brother in law. You should really enjoy them. Have a great cruise, we know it will really be fun.

The "cool" hotel in Fort Lauderdale is the W. They have a pool party on weekends with a DJ. There are 2 bars in the hotel, the lobby bar and Whiskey Blue. It's only 2 miles from Galleria Mall which you can get to by SunTrolley directly. The burgers at the pool are awesome.

Riverside Hotel is in the middle of downtown, surrounded by boutiques, galleries, clubs, and restaurants. The action for people your age is west of there at Vibe and Yolo and east of there at Rocco's Taco's and Solita. The hotel is historic so it doesn't have a cool vibe but it's classy.

Gallery One hotel is next to Galleria Mall and has a water taxi stop. Blue Martini is a fun bar/club at the mall. The hotel is nice and you get Hilton points.

Ocean Sky Resort, Il Lugano and B Ocean are not by the W. B Ocean is walking distance to Galleria Mall (about 5 blocks) and across the street from the beach. Ocean Sky and Il Lugano are not in a neighborhood that you would consider fun at your age.

Thank you! Much appreciated!

Thank you! Much appreciated!

If you stay at Riverside, check out Las Olas Riverfront and then SW 2nd St too. There's lots of nightlife, and it starts about 6 blocks west of the hotel. Just be alert walking around because you have to walk through a mostly deserted area of downtown to get there at night.

Archived