What happens to extra cash S&S ?

What happens if you have a large balance left over from your S&S account ? Like $200-400 ? Do they pay you the cash, or do they give you the check, and yeah, i paid a big amount from my visa card as a deposit .:cool:

Not sure if I understand your question. If you put a credit card down then Carnival only charges to your card what you place on your sail n sign card. If you put a cash deposit down and do not use that amount then they will issue you a check on the last morning before debarkation on the difference.

They Keep all the money an devide it up among the ship officers....:eek:

Actually I don't understand the question....

If you use a credit card to secure against the sail and sign card.....they charge you the exact amount at the end of the cruise.

Some poeple choose to make cash deposits on the sail and sign card instead of using a credit card. seems like they can get it back onboard or get a check after the cruise.

x

yeah, sorry people... Clarification : I used my credit card to put down money ahead of time of my sailing date, so when i get on board, the money is already applied to my account... Wasn't sure if they gave me a check, or a check i could cash on board, or just credit the unused portion back to the credit card... I put down money ahead of time, so it's more convienant ;)

yeah, sorry people... Clarification : I used my credit card to put down money ahead of time of my sailing date, so when i get on board, the money is already applied to my account... Wasn't sure if they gave me a check, or a check i could cash on board, or just credit the unused portion back to the credit card... I put down money ahead of time, so it's more convienant ;)

That's just what we did & it does make life eaiser!

I am confussled why would you pay for something before hand,, when you have 30 days to pay for it on your credit card??? I have stated this somewhere else on this board cant remember where,, but why pay cash for something when you can accure interest on the cash (allbeit not that much still better in my/your pocket then elsewhere) while waiting for the bill to come it? Same as shipboard credit why prepay pros cons??????

I am confussled why would you pay for something before hand,, when you have 30 days to pay for it on your credit card??? I have stated this somewhere else on this board cant remember where,, but why pay cash for something when you can accure interest on the cash (allbeit not that much still better in my/your pocket then elsewhere) while waiting for the bill to come it? Same as shipboard credit why prepay pros cons??????

When debit cards came out I stopped using credit cards. This has never been a problem for me. I paid my on board credit about three weeks before my cruise so I did not feel they had my money for long.

Nothing wrong with that, again all i am saying is that if you use the credit card companys money you save yours until the payment is due.. I am just lost in the thought of giving my money away before its due is all!

Nothing wrong with that, again all i am saying is that if you use the credit card companys money you save yours until the payment is due.. I am just lost in the thought of giving my money away before its due is all!

Because you don't know my dh,lol! In our early twenties he ran the accounts, ( & ran them, & ran them, as in up). Now were in our fourties & I run them. Got rid of the credit cards & manage the checking accounts. I enable him to feed them, which he does very nicely.

Just back from vacation, he's already looking to book another cruise. At the same time he's look to buy another boat. When the kids became teens & didn't want to go out in the boat with us so much I talked him into selling it because I thought we should be on land with the kids if they needed us. Now he thinks because they can drive that they can be on their own & we should be good to get another boat. Not :eek: !!! They need us here more than ever! So can you tell, no boat this summer.

Irish, it makes things easier.... I use the credit cards money, my credit card billing statement ends may 3rd, so if i charge it up on my s&s account may 4, that money won't be due till april 18th, and the money i get refuded to me, i'll use for when i go to las vegas immediatly after i disembark, and also cause the credit card co. charges it as a purchase, NOT a cash advance :D

LOL jckvpaO, I get what your are saying! And understand completely CC;s are not used by all the same way.

No there not, & please don't let my dh know just how much is in those accounts:D !!!

Archived