Book through Carnival or TA? Valor-same $

I have researched for about 48 hours now ~ ever since I got back from our first cruise. Yes....I have PCD really, really bad. Thankfully DH loved our cruise as much as I did and we're booking again for our anniversary in October.

I've got it down to the Valor on 10/23 out of Miami. I know....CC has one on 10/30, but we've already done Cozumel and want different ports. :p 1st cruise was on Holiday, so we're going from smallest to biggest!

My question is this: Price is exactly the same through Carnival or a reputable online cruise agency. Any benefit to booking through either one?

Also, any advantages to using the new Carnival SeaMiles card for deposit? Or Amex?

I'm going to put a deposit down tomorrow, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I have researched for about 48 hours now ~ ever since I got back from our first cruise. Yes....I have PCD really, really bad. Thankfully DH loved our cruise as much as I did and we're booking again for our anniversary in October.

I've got it down to the Valor on 10/23 out of Miami. I know....CC has one on 10/30, but we've already done Cozumel and want different ports. :p 1st cruise was on Holiday, so we're going from smallest to biggest!

My question is this: Price is exactly the same through Carnival or a reputable online cruise agency. Any benefit to booking through either one?

Also, any advantages to using the new Carnival SeaMiles card for deposit? Or Amex?

I'm going to put a deposit down tomorrow, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

If you give the online agencies a call or send an email, they will quote you a lower price. There is a policy in place that prevents TA's from adverting a lower price that what Carnival lists.

If you give the online agencies a call or send an email, they will quote you a lower price. There is a policy in place that prevents TA's from adverting a lower price that what Carnival lists.

Actually I did speak to the TA live and her price is exactly the same as Carnival. Are you saying they will lower it if I mention Carnival's price?

Those new "pricing policies" went into effect I think in Jan. Now supposedly all the TA's have to offer the same price. I did the same thing, went and researched several Ta's and Carnival and all were the same. One Ta quoted me a total for 4 people of $40.00 less and it was an error but he honored it in the end because I had the quote in writing. I think we are going to see cruise prices rise and no way to shop for deals. Carnival told me if they found TA's that were offering lower rates they would disallow them from selling for Carnival anymore...

It Sucks Big Time!

Happy Cruising,

Donna

Elation 2002

Ecstasy 2003

Spirit 2005

Paradise 2005

Conquest 2006

Actually, the new policy is that TA's cannot ADVERTISE lower pricing... some TA's are holding onto the commissions it seems, and some are lowering price... guess it depends on which TA you are dealing with... check around, sometimes it pays. Sometimes it is easier to deal with Carnival directly because if you have a problem they will talk to you, if you are with a TA, you have to rely on your TA to help you. Good luck whatever you decide!

My online agency currently has a "coupon" or "rebate" for $50 off per cabin. So when I booked Liberty I saved $25pp by booking with her rather than Carnival. But...there is a $75 cancellation fee. Luckily, I have never had to cancel!....and by the way...YOU WILL LOVE VALOR!!!! Belize and Roatan are amazing!

I've always booked with the same TA. Have always compared to others and he has always given me a rate no one could touch, until now. This is the first time his rate has been the same. Carnival Vacation Club said it was across the board same rates. ( not just advertising them) Thats why TA's are looking for any perks they can give to get you to book with them now, other than lower rates. Then they lose their ability to sell Carnival.

Happy Cruising,

Donna

I always book directly with Carnival, If you book with them Garrentee and dont mind what ever cabin they put you in, they usually get you into a nice cabin, I guess thats how its been for me. I never seen any price breaks with a TA and you can negotiate more with the Cruiseline, They always have these hidden promotions,... Using your Carnvial card will give you Double points when using for anything carnival related, I would go that route, I would also use it to pay off the cruise, Im up to 44k points and looking for next years cruise to be paid for by the Card. Email me if you like on tips on talking to them.

We use an on-line TA. We booked in February for our February 2006 cruise on the Liberty and saved over $200 pp off of Carnival's price. We've used the same TA for several years so that might make a difference.

How about initials ??? ;)

Just kidding. Unless someone has a wildly great reason (read $$) not to book through Carnival, I think that's what I'm going to do this afternoon. Unfortunately, I do not have a relationship established with a TA so no perks there.

Archived