Ordering room service on oasis

I've read on one of these threads some suggestion about when you go into a port and are spending the day at the beach you should order sandwiches from room service, (bring along ziploc bags & a small collapsible cooler, get ice from room steward) and then you could have your lunch on the beach. My question is, can you order "lunch" for breakfast or do you order the sandwiches the night before & then stick then in your refrig? Thank you....

If you kept reading you would have noted that it is strictly forbidden to take food off the ship that is not in sealed packages (e.g., small boxes of cereal, granola bars, trail mix and the like). I don't think any ports permit fruit of any kind.

This is not because of the ship, they really don't care, but they don't want you getting fined. Often when you leave the ship you will see large barrels of confiscated food taken from people who thought the rules didn't apply to them. Will some post that they took what they wanted and got away with it? Sure. But others have posted getting fined.

Only take pre-packaged food ashore....not only will they take it and throw it away (a waste of food)...they can fine you or arrest you....doesn't happen often, but it certainly can. All countries have LAWS against bringing in non-native pests...and that's what unpackaged foods can do.

Wow...Thanks so much for that info, I had no idea it was against the law. We'll look for beach food at the ports then. Won't have to take my little cooler now. Learn something new everyday. Do you know if by chance you can take a bottle of wine off the ship? Thanks again for the info...

Wow...Thanks so much for that info, I had no idea it was against the law. We'll look for beach food at the ports then. Won't have to take my little cooler now. Learn something new everyday. Do you know if by chance you can take a bottle of wine off the ship? Thanks again for the info...

I would bet you can get wine cheaper in port than on board so why bother? You are aware, I assumethat you cannot bring wine onboard with you on RC?

Archived