E-ticket and Upgrades ?

Hi,

Only 29 days till we sail on the last cruise for the Pacific Sun. We have been issued our e-tickets, but wondered if there was stilll a chance of an upgrade? On the other cruises we did we asked not to be upgraded though the last one we got an upgrade anyhow, this one we said yes to an upgrade if offered one, but have not been offered. We are happy where we are but were just wondering.

Hope the weather is better when we go, as it is horribly wet on the Sunshine Coast today.

Hi,

Only 29 days till we sail on the last cruise for the Pacific Sun. We have been issued our e-tickets, but wondered if there was stilll a chance of an upgrade? On the other cruises we did we asked not to be upgraded though the last one we got an upgrade anyhow, this one we said yes to an upgrade if offered one, but have not been offered. We are happy where we are but were just wondering.

Hope the weather is better when we go, as it is horribly wet on the Sunshine Coast today.

an upgrade is offered only if there is a hight demand for the cat you have booked.

eg if there is a high demand for lower level cabins and they are saleing very well and they the cruise line may be thinking they can sale more of the lower level cabin then they will pump people up to the next level of cabin to makeway for the lower level cabins to be sold. ( better to sail with a full ship then a half empty one).

may be when this new tax comes in next month there may more upgrades.

Hi,

if you are happy with your cabin location i would stay there as some upgrades can be to a lousy position

may be when this new tax comes in next month there may more upgrades

what has the new tax to do with upgrades.....do you think less people will cruise so they may have trouble filling up the ship

Hi,

I got my upgrade on Friday - we've gone from Deck 4 to Deck 6.

You can get an upgrade from now until when we check-in. They will make sure your bags get to your room, even if they don't issue you with new eTickets.

I got my upgrade on Friday - we've gone from Deck 4 to Deck 6.

You can get an upgrade from now until when we check-in. They will make sure your bags get to your room, even if they don't issue you with new eTickets.

were you in out side or inside on both decks?

if you are happy with your cabin location i would stay there as some upgrades can be to a lousy position

may be when this new tax comes in next month there may more upgrades

what has the new tax to do with upgrades.....do you think less people will cruise so they may have trouble filling up the ship

that is the huge Question that is some thing we have to ask the head of Australia about , or are the P&O cruise ship exempt from this new tax???????????????????????????????

Just been and checked and yes we have moved, still on Pirate Deck (as we like to call it) "R" but moved further back, still inside. Also now on the Starboard side, not that it matters much but every cruise we have been on that side, may be odd numbers = odd people!!!

that is the huge Question that is some thing we have to ask the head of Australia about , or are the P&O cruise ship exempt from this new tax???????????????????????????????

You always used to complain about people not staying to the topic, so why are you making posts about irrelevant topics now?

On further looking this morning the E-ticket shows the original cabin, but the summary shows a different cabin, so I take it the summary is the correct one and as you say they will know what they are doing and luggage will find it's way to us.

On further looking this morning the E-ticket shows the original cabin, but the summary shows a different cabin, so I take it the summary is the correct one and as you say they will know what they are doing and luggage will find it's way to us.

you have to take notice what the summary says and i would cover up the old number with a blank paper and sticky tape and rewrite the cabin number so you will receive your luggage other wise it might end up at the pursers desk

your luggage will find you.

much easier if they writes over the old number other wise they may get their luggage anytime
yesbut it would a little late after you have checked in your luggage and you find out you have been up graded at the check in

This happened to us a couple of cruises ago. You will not be issued with new tickets, but I would do as other have suggested and change the luggage label. With so much luggage going onto the ship, I would not risk the luggage not finding me. You can also get new luggage labels at the dock.

much easier if they writes over the old number other wise they may get their luggage anytime

Agreed. You're the ones meant to be having a holiday, not your luggage, so quicker if you just write over/replace the old luggage tags instead of waiting for them to find you.

I will wait for the day before to print out the tickets and change the cabin numbers on them, just in case we get changed again before we go.

I think they do a good job sorting all the luggage out and getting it delivered, last cruise our cases were at our cabin before we got there.

I will wait for the day before to print out the tickets and change the cabin numbers on them, just in case we get changed again before we go.

I think they do a good job sorting all the luggage out and getting it delivered, last cruise our cases were at our cabin before we got there.

thats the best way

Archived