Does Seabourn follow up?

chefchick

I'm curious. We had an interesting "incident" happen on our first ever Legend voyage May 10-20 and I did mention it on our comment card. This involved a Sr, staff member acting IMO rudely to our table one night that was apparently noticed by a large number of,people. I also wrote on my comment card that this incident marded an otherwise excellent cruise experience and may be the tipping point of wether we cruise Seabourn again or not. I guess i was expecting to hear SOMETHING from them, but so far, have not.

My question is, in your experience, what is follow through like in general?

I'm curious. We had an interesting "incident" happen on our first ever Legend voyage May 10-20 and I did mention it on our comment card. This involved a Sr, staff member acting IMO rudely to our table one night that was apparently noticed by a large number of,people. I also wrote on my comment card that this incident marded an otherwise excellent cruise experience and may be the tipping point of wether we cruise Seabourn again or not. I guess i was expecting to hear SOMETHING from them, but so far, have not.

My question is, in your experience, what is follow through like in general?

Firstly, yes all comment cards are read onboard by the Hotel Manager and Captain as well. Then they are scanned and sent to Head Office, depending on the type of incident that occured you may get direct follow up but I doubt it as I think they would deal with this type of matter internally onboard the vessel.

We had a number of issues occur during our April sailing on the Sojourn. We tried to detail them as thoroughly as possible on the comment cards, but there is not a lot of space on these and some of the issues were not covered under any of the topics on the comment card. We received no response based on these comment cards. I don't expect that we would ever receive a response based on the comment cards.

About a month after our sailing, I went to the Seabourn website and under the "contact us" heading, was able to send an e-mail detailing our experiences. I was contacted within moments of the e-mail and let know that the incidents would be investigated and they would get back to me. A couple of days later, I was contacted, offered an apology and the issues were handled to my satisfaction. I think that the stateside staff did a fantastic job. I was both surprised and pleased with their resolution.

Just as an aside many times I have attached a separate sheet of paper to my comment card if there is not enough room, usually for the praise I have for staff members.
I have done the same thing and I don't wait until the last few days when you get the comment card and things are so hectic on the ship. I make notes from the time we get on and then attach to comment card, like Wripro I also copy and send to Seabourn...just to make sure. I have had many nice responses as I am not nitpicking, I am trying to be constructive and say as many good things as ideas for improvement.

I've found Azamara is the best in on-board responding to comment cards. I was quite impressed. They also actively support cruisecritic members and on our last Azamara cruise, they held a meeting for cruisecritic members at the end of the cruise, attended by senior officers, to hear what we thought of the cruise! They look for feedback, positive and negative, to improve their cruise product.

Also early in every cruise the Hotel Manager sends a note to all passengers asking them to keep him informed immediately if there are any issues and NOT to wait until the end of the cruise. So unless the complaint was about the Hotel Manager that may have been a way to get some immediate feedback.

Archived