* Carnival VICTORY <3 Photos Photos & more Photos Review <3<3 *

Kubanita

Holy cow that ship is really [COLOR=Lime][B]GREEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNN[/B][/COLOR]!!!!! :eek:

I'm loving your review! This is the first Victory review I've seen yet with so many pictures of the ship, so thanks for posting them. I love your signature over the shoulder pose. You are really working the camera! :)

Can't wait for my Victory cruise next year! Looking forward to reading the rest!

So, several people on our roll call emailed Silver Moon a month ago about making reservations for their excursion. SM told them they only book 6 months out and to contact them again in a couple of months.

After reading about SM and Calabaza here yesterday, I email both companies (7 months out). SM informed me that their 12 person cat was already sold out, but there was still availability for the 24 person cat. Calabaza still had a few slots available (they only have 1 12 person cat) so I booked with them immediately. We had excellent prompt and professional communication and Gina answered all of my questions. I am really looking forward to our day in Barbados!

I am frustrated with SM, however, for not following their own rules. If they don't book more than 6 months out, they shouldn't be sold out 7 months out! I have a feeling several people on our roll call, especially those who contacted SM a month ago, will be frustrated too.

[quote name='Loving My Life']So, several people on our roll call emailed Silver Moon a month ago about making reservations for their excursion. SM told them they only book 6 months out and to contact them again in a couple of months.

After reading about SM and Calabaza here yesterday, I email both companies (7 months out). SM informed me that their 12 person cat was already sold out, but there was still availability for the 24 person cat. Calabaza still had a few slots available (they only have 1 12 person cat) so I booked with them immediately. We had excellent prompt and professional communication and Gina answered all of my questions. I am really looking forward to our day in Barbados!

I am frustrated with SM, however, for not following their own rules. If they don't book more than 6 months out, they shouldn't be sold out 7 months out! I have a feeling several people on our roll call, especially those who contacted SM a month ago, will be frustrated too.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Century Gothic"]
Oh wow Carolyn, I am really sorry to hear you had this trouble. Thing is, I booked just about 2 weeks before my sail date... I know pretty crazy, so therefore I did not have the same problem. But it makes sense what you are saying... how can they be sold out at 7 months out when you cant book for 6. What the hell !!! Thats retarded. Did you make any sense to them about this??? I dont get it. But you know what.... I think regardless of the situation you will enjoy sailing with Calabaza. Everything happens for a reason. I am sorry that your experience with them was frustrating.[/FONT] Edited by Kubanita

[quote name='gapearl']Holy cow that ship is really [COLOR=Lime][B]GREEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNN[/B][/COLOR]!!!!! :eek:

I'm loving your review! This is the first Victory review I've seen yet with so many pictures of the ship, so thanks for posting them. I love your signature over the shoulder pose. You are really working the camera! :)

Can't wait for my Victory cruise next year! Looking forward to reading the rest![/QUOTE]
[FONT="Century Gothic"]
You sawwwwww.... I TOLD YOUUU :eek: SUPER GREEN!! HAHAHA

Thanks so much I am really glad you are enjoying my review.. and about that pose...Girl Ive been workin on it for years!!! hahaha. :D:D[/FONT] Edited by Kubanita

[quote name='kornuttle']Hiii!! I just finished reading both of your reviews! Loved all the details and all of the beautiful pictures! Obviously this is completely off topic to this particular review but seeing as how this review is more up to date I wanted to ask about the allure!! haha.:rolleyes: I am in awe of this ship (especially after seeing all the photos!) I was wondering how the dining works on this ship?? There are so many little restaurants/pubs, etc. are any of these included in the cruise price?? I also noticed you had posted a picture of the Johnny Rockets and said it was pretty cheap...I was pretty surprised because when I had gone on Voyager of the Seas (back in '02 I think:confused:) the Johnny Rockets on the ship was included as one of the regular dining options, no surcharge. Has this changed on all the ships? I guess I'm just wondering what is included and what isn't...the ship is amazing but paying for all of the good dining options kind of defeats one of the great purposes of going on a cruise for me! Please enlighten me in the new RCCL ways!?? Haha! :)[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Century Gothic"]Hellooo there and thank you so much for taking the time to read both reviews.... Allure is such a beautiful ship... no doubt about that. There are many litle restaurants you are right, but these are just ' add ons' to the experience. For example, you have your assigned dinning every night, which will be at the Adagio dinning room. Then you also have the Wipe out Cafe, Sorrentos Pizzeria.. The boardwalk Doghouse..Park Cafe... The Solarium Bistro ( which is like a buffet ) .. The Windjammer Marketplace... ( where you will find all the Comfort Food, American, Healthy Eating, Vegetarian ) AND room service !! ( WHICH IS GREAT... GET THE SPINACH DIP With the chips, YOU WILL THANK ME LATER HAHA ) .......So all of these are included... The rest is only luxury. You dont have to.. maybe even one night you can try something different. Remember you have your assigned table also for every night. Johnny Rockets was $4 I believe... and it included whatever you wanted from the menu.
I kno what you mean about all the options you have to pay for defeating the purpose of the cruise itself... but honestly, It is soooo worth it.. There ARE many other options.. and remember this doesnt mean you HAVE to try these restaurants all of them. I DIDNT. Only a few...
I hope this helps a bit... any more questions I am here to help !!!! :)

Bea. [/FONT]

[SIZE="3"]
[FONT="Century Gothic"]I am trying the best I can to finish up this review for you guys, Im sorry If im taking a litle longer, I just have a lottt of work this week. But I will definitly continue to bring you ALL pictures and hope you stayyyy with meeee.....:D

Bea. [/FONT][/SIZE]

[COLOR=blue]Oh that's great...seems like there are still a lot of options that are included! When I saw that they charged for Johnny Rockets it freaked me out, made me think all of the cool places shown in your pictures had a surcharge! But $4 really is reasonable for a specialty restaurant...still think its really weird that they charge for it on this ship when they didn't on another! :confused: Oh well...the ship is amazing either way! So, seeing the big difference in ships (particularly the [COLOR=green]GREEN[/COLOR] on the Victory haha:p) which cruise as a whole did you enjoy more?? A lot of people on here have said they prefer the food on Carnival over RCCL, what's your opinion? Thank yooou and you are so sweet for posting these reviews and answering everyone's questions! Hope were aren't cutting into your personal life too much! hehe ;)[/COLOR] Edited by kornuttle

Really enjoying your review, love the pics :D My husband and I will be travelling from Australia to San Juan to cruise for the very first time aboard the Victory, Sept 9th. I loved your review for a couple of reason, you take wonderful pics and review so well, plus I get a sense of what to expect, I am nervous plus really excited, so thankyou :-))

[quote name='funchick63']Really enjoying your review, love the pics :D My husband and I will be travelling from Australia to San Juan to cruise for the very first time aboard the Victory, Sept 9th. I loved your review for a couple of reason, you take wonderful pics and review so well, plus I get a sense of what to expect, I am nervous plus really excited, so thankyou :-))[/QUOTE]

Holy schmoly thats a long flight AT LEAST 24hrs on a plane total, depending on where you departure from in Australia!! :eek: I work for a major airline and would love to see Australia, just to long of a flight with 3 small children..Well i hope you have the CRUISE of your life :) Edited by J-Weezy and The Holly

[quote name='Loving My Life']So, several people on our roll call emailed Silver Moon a month ago about making reservations for their excursion. SM told them they only book 6 months out and to contact them again in a couple of months.

I am frustrated with SM, however, for not following their own rules. If they don't book more than 6 months out, they shouldn't be sold out 7 months out! I have a feeling several people on our roll call, especially those who contacted SM a month ago, will be frustrated too.[/QUOTE]

I think SM has recently changed the policy of 6 months out. We have sailed with them at least 4 times. When we contacted them for our cruise last year, it was still the 6 months out rule. This year we got word through our other cruise friends that some people had already booked with them for our April 2013 cruise. I contacted them and was told that they did change this policy and that they could book us for April 2013. I agree that it would had been nice if they would had advised us of the change, however I know that they offer a great crew and a great time, so we are booked with them again! I am sure Calabaza is good also - I just know that I have an amazing experience with Silver Moon.

I'd have to say we looked at both of them on our past Victory cruise and choose Calabaza because of the great communication Gina had. Out of all the Cat. excursions Calabaza was the best. Gina and crew were like family and never hesitated to talk to you, plus her lunch was fantastic.

[quote name='Kubanita'][SIZE="3"]
[FONT="Century Gothic"]I am trying the best I can to finish up this review for you guys, Im sorry If im taking a litle longer, I just have a lottt of work this week. But I will definitly continue to bring you ALL pictures and hope you stayyyy with meeee.....:D

Bea. [/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Pesky work! It always gets in the way of more important things...like reliving cruises through reviews and pictures. ;)

Hi Everyone,

My review was just posted >> The Link isn't working :( I will paste it below ...

If you have any questions you can let me know... I don't have as many beautiful pics as Kubanita but I will try to add more if you want to see something specific....

Amazing Trip - Victory is Good, Not Great
First I will start by saying that this was an amazing cruise and we really enjoyed ourselves.

I went on this cruise with my husband and another couple. We have cruised with them before and like to book side balcony rooms to open up the divider. We really enjoy having an extra large balcony and being able to spend time all together.

We are from California and had quite a long journey to Puerto Rico. I will not be taking another cruise from PR for a couple reasons. 1- It was very expensive 2- it was long. However, this was the only way to get to the more southern islands.

Getting on the boat was easy and painless which I have heard before. We were all worried about how many waters/sodas we would be allowed to bring on. Everyone told us that it wasn't an issue and we were able to bring on a couple CASES of water and lots of soda/energy drinks.

Day 1- It was raining on and off in San Juan and we were very tired from traveling so we just got our drinks and got back on the boat. When we returned our bags had been delivered to our rooms, however, my bag was missing 1 of 4 wheels -- this was a bummer. Carnival said we could email someone and they would pay for repairs. I have not contacted them yet so I don't know how much of a hassle this will be. Dinner was anytime dining for the first night and that was good. The muster drill was easy and I think we had an early night

Day 2- St. Thomas. We got off the boat early to get as much time in as possible. None of the shops were open yet so we decided to pick up a taxi and see the island. We had been before but our friends had not. We got talked into going with this guy -- he was cheap so that was fine. He drove us to all the good look out points and then we wanted to go to Sapphire Beach. (We went to Megan's Bay last time and it was OK -- very hazy that day and we wanted to see a different beach) Sapphire was BEAUTIFUL! I loved it there but only wish you could rent an umbrella. There are food/ drinks and kayaking available. Our guide came back on time to pick us up and then took us into town to shop. I am a big planner so going with a random guy was a risk but I knew where we wanted to go and what we wanted to do. The only issue is that he made a stop and disappeared leaving us in the car in a not so nice area -- I didn't appreciate that. $35/person for a private tour and transportation all day -- all in all, we were successful.

Day 3- Sea Day

We didn't do much -- we were still wiped out. We did get up early to make sure we got lounge chairs and ended up getting our fill of the sun before any of the activities even started! There is no need to save chairs and we could have slept in.

Day 4 -- Barbados

We pre booked with Calabaza since we read that they were the best. They picked us up on time and took us straight to the boat. Upon arriving we all noticed that it looked kind of small compared to the other boats in the area. We had such a blast even though it was raining on and off. We had a small group, hence the small boat. This boat had an inside area with a kitchen and bathrooms. When it rained we had somewhere to go. The huge boats had no covering at all. The crew was great and at the first stop we swam with turtles. The boat had their own camera and just snapped away. The next stop was for snorkeling and there was a beach you could swim to. Next they served us homemade lunch. It was delicious and fresh. It was a nice touch. We spent the next several hours sailing, listening to music and taking pictures. Before I even got home, Calabaza had sent me a link to all the pictures they took and they were all available for FREE. That was a bonus since our "waterproof" digital broke.

Day 5- St. Lucia

We pre booked again based on recommendations with ATV Paradise Tours. This was a good day for ATVing since it was pouring and grey the entire day. The driver was waiting for us and we had about an hour drive to the location. This was our best excursion the entire trip. We had such a good time despite the rain. I will note that it was a little cold (not the usual warm rain) and I am COVERED in bug bites.

Day 6- St. Kitts

We pre booked with Roosevelt Taylor for a group tour. We usually like to do our own thing and don't go with groups. I didn't have anything I was dying to do on St.Kitts so we just decided to see the island and then spend the rest of the day at the beach. We got off to a late start and we didn't enjoy a loud and obnoxious member of the tour. We ended up not having very much time at the beach like we wanted and heard a lot about the plant life. We really enjoyed the Fort and Batik Factory and ended up getting chicken and garlic bread from a guy on the side of the road -- it was delicious. We also really liked the beach we went to -- Carambola. We got a canopy thing for $40. It was worth it for the 4 of us; I just wish we weren't rushed.

Day 7 -- St. Maarten

We LOVED St. Maarten. We have now been to east, west and southern Caribbean and St. Maarten is my favorite. We booked a private tour and had such a wonderful day. There was WAY too much to see in one day. We had local food, took a ton of pics, shopped and swung by Orient Beach and spent about an hour at Maho. We really want to return and spend more time there. Bernard's tour was great and having a private tour was even better.

Overall this was an amazing trip. If you are like us, it can be exhausting. We tried to get off the boat everyday by 9am and usually stayed on the island til the last minute. We had a rude server in the dining room and stopped going after a couple days. That was disappointing to me since I didn't eat very much all day while we were out and looked forward to a complete meal at night. We ended up eating at the buffet the rest of the nights since it just wasn't working out to switch tables. Our room steward was GREAT and we have no complaints. Overall I would say the ports are amazing and the ship was just good, not great. Edited by Bsquared1027
link didn't work

[quote name='Bsquared1027']Hi Everyone,

My review was just posted >> [URL]http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=103685http://[/URL]

If you have any questions you can let me know... I don't have as many beautiful pics as Kubanita but I will try to add more if you want to see something specific....[/QUOTE]

this is what i get when i click on your link :(

[B]Error Encountered
Home > Error Encountered

We're sorry, we've encountered an error with your request. It's possible the page has moved or you've entered the information incorrectly. Visit the Cruise Critic home page or use the "back" button on your browser.

If you would like to report a problem, please email our webmaster.
[/B]

I was able to find your review, thanks I also loved Sapphire beach, I would go there over Meagan's bay!!! I wish we were doing these ports as well, the only one we havent been to is Barbados, we will be on the Victory when it sails out of Miami. Edited by hockeyluver

[quote name='Kubanita']
[SIZE=3][FONT=Century Gothic]I am trying the best I can to finish up this review for you guys, Im sorry If im taking a litle longer, I just have a lottt of work this week. But I will definitly continue to bring you ALL pictures and hope you stayyyy with meeee.....:D[/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=Century Gothic]Bea. [/FONT][/SIZE][/quote]
Hi Beatriz! I hate it when work gets in the way of a great cruise review! I'm hanging in there with you. :D

[quote name='hockeyluver']this is what i get when i click on your link :(

[B]Error Encountered
Home > Error Encountered

We're sorry, we've encountered an error with your request. It's possible the page has moved or you've entered the information incorrectly. Visit the Cruise Critic home page or use the "back" button on your browser.

If you would like to report a problem, please email our webmaster.
[/B]

I was able to find your review, thanks I also loved Sapphire beach, I would go there over Meagan's bay!!! I wish we were doing these ports as well, the only one we havent been to is Barbados, we will be on the Victory when it sails out of Miami.[/quote]

I am glad you were able to find my review.. sorry.. here is the correct link:
[URL]http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=103685[/URL]

[quote name='Bsquared1027']If you have any questions you can let me know...

Day 2- St. Thomas. We got talked into going with this guy -- he was cheap so that was fine. He drove us to all the good look out points and then we wanted to go to Sapphire Beach. Sapphire was BEAUTIFUL! I loved it there but only wish you could rent an umbrella. Our guide came back on time to pick us up and then took us into town to shop. I am a big planner so going with a random guy was a risk but I knew where we wanted to go and what we wanted to do. The only issue is that he made a stop and disappeared leaving us in the car in a not so nice area -- I didn't appreciate that. $35/person for a private tour and transportation all day -- all in all, we were successful..[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]Thanks for the information & sorry Kubanita for the interruption! :o Bsquared - do you have anymore information on this guy? I am trying to determine if we will go back to Sapphire or head to St John. It will be 4 of us, but 2 adults and 2 boys 17 & 10. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Kubanita'][SIZE="3"]

Bea. [/FONT][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Man I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas to come :o The anticipation is killing me :)

Hi There,

The bathrooms appear to be about the same. They were nice and clean :)

[quote name='ibcnusoon']Bsquared1027, were the bathrooms on Calabaza regular toilets or a marine toilet? It looks like Silver Moon is a marine toilet, from the pictures posed here?[/quote]

Hello,

We met him at the havensight mall right off the cruise ship and his name was Jerome or Jerry. He was a little odd, but the price was right. Sapphire was great with the exception of no umbrellas for rent. If you have already been you should totally go to St. John. We were thinking that we would have enjoyed a day there.

Kubanita..... sorry for interrupting!! I am really looking forward to reliving the trip through your review and beautiful pics!! my cameras (plural) broke!!!

[quote name='WaggesAZ'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]Thanks for the information & sorry Kubanita for the interruption! :o Bsquared - do you have anymore information on this guy? I am trying to determine if we will go back to Sapphire or head to St John. It will be 4 of us, but 2 adults and 2 boys 17 & 10. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[/quote]