October out of Baltimore.

No...October is actually a great time to sail from there. We are sailing in November.

Even if it is a little cool on the sail away day, you will awake the next day off the Coast of the Carolinas and should have decent weather.

BTW, we live in Delaware so we have the same weather as B'More.

You will not freeze. We usually cruise late Oct. There have been times we've left from here wearing shorts.

Whatever the temps here, you will feel a change by the next day, as Cobra said.

The temps at your destinations will be warm and the water very comfortable.

Go for it! ;)

Will we freeze to death? I am trying to decide on a cruise for my birthday next year.

If you live in the area you know that you have no idea. The weather here is so unpredictable from day to day yet alone month to month. It was a hi of 71 today but will be upper 80's this weekend. We've cruised in late September, early October, and late November. Only the November sailing was chilly until Tuesday.

Would it be worth it to get the Aft wrap around balcony then? I am from Ohio, so I know cold and I am usually not. Just don't want other folks to suffer. :D

Don't know about the aft, but we always get a regular balcony. Only way to go ... for us.

We sailed out of Baltimore this past October and it was sunny and around 72 degrees, and it was still warm when we returned. We've sailed out of Baltimore in September, and it was rainy and cool. There's no predicting exactly how warm it will be, but by the next day for sure you'll be in warmer weather. I wouldn't worry about it.

Archived