What luggage brand do you have?

crooooze

We just got Samsonite Silhouette 12 spinner luggage. They have been sold for years and the are now discontinuing them. I got 3 pieces of red, very pretty, for less than $300.

Bought it right from Samsonite website online. Haven't used it yet but will let you know.

Happy sailing.

Since I "really" started travelling (2009) I have gone through 3 suitcases. First was a very light and extremely ugly 29" lime green Samsonite upright that had the inside frame smashed somewhere between the shuttle bus at Terminal 18 in Port Everglades and my cabin. It had lasted about 4 flights and 1/2 a cruise. My next was a Heys Hybrid - 4 flights and 1 cruise and the zipper busted. My latest and currently still standing is an el cheapo rolling duffle I picked up @ Costco for $49 and has tons of space and only weighs 7 lbs. I don't expect it to last too long due to the price but even when i've paid $200+ they don't seem to last.

Forecast(cloth) purchased at Sears around 2002. Has held up beautifully. Hubby really likes the luggage and I do too.

In the last year or two I purchased a couple of pieces of Heys hardside, spinner luggage at Marshall's or TJ Maxx because I wanted spinner wheels (which our Forecast model doesn't have), the ablity to clean dust and dirt off easier, and a little lighter weight. So far the Heys has done okay with the exception of some scuffing.

After years of buying new luggage every trip we bought samsonite hard checked and carry on suitcases 9 years ago, they have done lots of flying and cruise miles, they are fabulous and still and as good as new, best purchase ever, expensive but worth every penny!

I like my Briggs-Riley luggage. Wheels are good sized, and not noisy. Also, the handle is mounted on the outside, so this provides for a flat packing surface on the inside. Because my luggage is a gold colour, it does get a bit scuffed up, but I can easily spot it on the airport carousel. It's certainly pricey, but I luckily, I found it on sale at a local luggage store. It was the previous year's model, but that's fine with me.

We ended up getting luggage today which I didn't expect. And the winner is Briggs & Riley. The manager gave us a nice discount. What we liked about the luggage is not only the style but the warranty and the price was much better than we would have paid for similar type quality of luggage without nearly as good a warranty or features. (Actually thought it was better quality than other luggage and this was in a luggage store.) I got a 20" and, because of the structure, it has about the same amount of room as my 22" TravelPro. Will still use our TravelPro for local trips but now we only have to check one bag each instead of two each (for long trips).

Our best luggage is the stuff we buy from "Club Glove". They are better know for their golf travel bags, but in addition, they have a complete line of luggage.

Many colors, very high quality, life time warranty, and the best part -- they are made in the USA.

My bags have my name embroidered on the side. We get about five years out of our Delsey stuff, but the Club Glove stuff will last 10+ years. We travel ten to twelve weeks of the year.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

We currently have many pieces of travel pro crew 8. We have found EVERY brand breaks. Hubby takes 10 flights a month, to both Canadian coasts and his head office in England. So our luggage is abused. Even with priority luggage.

We never expect anything to last over three years, no matter how expensive. He has been travelling like this for more than 20 years.

Even "life time" warranties are limited. Read them carefully.

All luggage should be discounted. Only a fool will pay full price.

We gave up on paying a huge amount for luggage. Baggage handlers kick the crap out of all bags. Folks who rarely travel can do with the real cheaply stuff like Atlantic or Ricardo. More expensive luggage like Tumi or Briggs & Riley may last a little longer, but give it the abuse our luggage gets, it just isn't worth it to us any more.

I wish I could give a glowing report of some brand we have used. Sadly, I can't.

We currently have many pieces of travel pro crew 8. We have found EVERY brand breaks. Hubby takes 10 flights a month, to both Canadian coasts and his head office in England. So our luggage is abused. Even with priority luggage.

We never expect anything to last over three years, no matter how expensive. He has been travelling like this for more than 20 years.

Even "life time" warranties are limited. Read them carefully.

It may be a hassle to mail back a bag, but B&R will cover even airport damage. They don't require you to file a claim with the airport unless you wish to. It doesn't cover cosmetic repairs or cleaning, or lost bags. That's all I could see in their warranty limitations.

It may be a hassle to mail back a bag, but B&R will cover even airport damage. They don't require you to file a claim with the airport unless you wish to. It doesn't cover cosmetic repairs or cleaning, or lost bags. That's all I could see in their warranty limitations.

Big hassle for someone who travels. Hubby gets home Friday nights, clothes go in the wash, the folded and the suitcase gets repacked. Every week. All year. So sending it back is a huge limitation. Even when we have taken luggage back to the "designated" repair shop (here in Ottawa it is Capital luggage) it can take one or two weeks to get it returned. Wheels break all the time. Zippers break. The do hicky thing that you can strap other pieces of luggage get snapped off, slashes on the suitcase is my personal favourite damage ;)

We have found they all will break. That is a guarantee LOL!

I have the Tumi collection. It's expensive as I paid $500 for one bag. But this was 15 years ago and I'm still using them. All they have are scratches that are barely noticeable. Plus, they have a lifetime warranty to them so if something goes wrong, I can send the bag to their plant and they'll fix it at no charge. I have yet to send one back.

Archived