Milestone Cruisers that are not Diamond

yesaccasey

And if you notice, in his original post here he said four levels, not five. So we were grandfathered to the highest tier of the four levels which is Platinum. And they added Diamond. this is where the backpeddling comes in...

And for this very reason, it makes his statement accurate. (He spoke of 4 levels and moving to the top level = Platinum)

You get a letter after your 25th and you have 18 months from the date of the 25th cruise to claim the 25% OBC off the base price of the cruise you choose to use it on.

It is 25% off for the one passenger that just earned Milestone. If both of you earned milestone, you could use one of your letters on one cruise and the other on another cruise if you wanted to or you could use both of them on one cruise.

You get the 25% ON your 25th cruise - not after.

Just curious as to the perks people receive as a milestone cruiser not on a milestone cruise? It looks to me like nothing other then a card?

You are correct. Only difference was on their 25th they got an onboard credit.

Still trying to understand what the heck the big deal is. It also effects me on this next curise, but don't see what all the fuss is about.

That is true now. And in response to your other posts defending CCL... CCL is the one who said milestone would be grandfathered into diamond. Plain and simple. No misinterpreting.

It is not silly... standing up to lies is what has to be done. CCL isn't getting anything from me or my family or people who cruise with me until they provide an explanation. I think that's reasonable.

One less cruiser at guest services complaining.........

You receive a voucher to get 25% of your cruise fare...excluding taxes and port charges to use on your 25th cruise or any cruise after. I am sailing on my 30th carnival cruise next month and I'm using my 25% OBC for that cruise.

So, I spoke with Carnival this evening and the man I spoke with on the phone told me I would be grandfathered into Diamond. I called up and just asked if I would be grandfathered in. I didn't mention Platinum, Milestone, or Diamond... I told him my profile online said I was platinum and he said he did not know why but assumed I would be diamond upon sailing on my 25th cruise in September. He used Milestone and Diamond interchangeably. So I guess I have to wait until September to see? Sounds like they're stringing me along for a few more months.................

And to all the righteous people replying about being all high and mighty and trying to pump themselves up... lol, I hope you don't take yourselves seriously!???

I hope you don't take yourselves seriously!???

You mean like you do?

I hope you don't take yourselves seriously!???

You mean like you do?

Not to be petty, but there's a difference in trying to make yourself look good by putting others down and standing up for yourself when you're told something and you expect follow through.

Ok so here is a summary:

Up until about 3 weeks ago all milestone cruisers were supposed to be grandfathered into the highest tier... which we now know as diamond

Now, milestone is completely separate per one statement made in the last couple of weeks

Borderline milestone cruisers took extra cruises so they would be grandfathered in just like platinums

If I call Carnival they tell me I am diamond

If I email Carnival they do not respond

I have received no responses nor was my post approved on JH's blog

CARNIVAL... TELL ME WHAT I HAVE WRONG????

You whine and whine and whine...............that's what's wrong. They are tired of your whining.

Wow, that letter was insulting... I replied with the following e-mail:

Mr. Borden,

While I appreciate your attempt to dismiss Milestone cruisers and their claim to be diamond, I wholeheartedly disagree and find your reasoning lacks validity. The main issue here is that Milestone cruisers were told the exact same thing as platinum. Book additional cruises to get to 25 and you will be grandfathered into the highest tier. So borderline platinum cruisers booked their extra cruises to make platinum. And borderline milestone cruisers booked their extra cruises to make the highest tier, which at the time was not known.

I see two options in resolving this problem. Please note that one of the options is not to simply dismiss my claim and you need to specifically address what was told to Milestone cruisers and why you feel it is appropriate to deny our claims.

Option 1 - Grandfather Milestone cruises into the highest tier, Diamond, as promised.

Option 2 - Refund the cruises I booked in order to reach 25 cruises so I could be grandfathered into Diamond.

Thank you for your time and I appreciate your help in resolving this as soon as possible.

Whine, whine, whine........they owe you nothing......You took cruises, you enjoyed, get over it!

Diamond doesn't even get a free tourny pass.... lol. I would rather be old platinum than new diamond.

Oh my gosh I don't believe you just said that. All the uss you ae making about becoming "Diamond" and now you say you would reather be Platinum?

I don't think you know what you want except to complain.............

That is true now. And in response to your other posts defending CCL... CCL is the one who said milestone would be grandfathered into diamond. Plain and simple. No misinterpreting.

Since CCL is a "company", I asked "WHO" since entities don't talk!

Except it doesn't really explain anything. They don't address the core issue here that borderline milestone cruisers took additional cruises to be grandfathered in just like borderline platinum cruisers did to be grandfathered into platinum.

If they will directly answer this I will give up... but I want an answer.

Except it doesn't really explain anything. They don't address the core issue here that borderline milestone cruisers took additional cruises to be grandfathered in just like borderline platinum cruisers did to be grandfathered into platinum.

If they will directly answer this I will give up... but I want an answer.

Yada Yada Yada - same song, same whining.

I agree. I will say this... I will always be cruising on Carnival... and am looking forward to my upcoming 24 cruise in September. And my 25 cruise in Feb., which I booked to reach the milestone level... which I thought would put me in the top tier... Diamond. However, that being said, I do not cruise for the perks. Really, there is not much difference in the Diamond and Platinum... except for a few one time things...

I feel that Milestone cruisers need to be shown that their loyalty means something too. Lots here wont agree... because all they say is... YOU were promised nothing.. it is what is is... nothing... not a tier.... Well, I can tell you this. It is SOMETHING. I have given them my loyalty for over twenty years... Some people make note of when I said I worked hard to get to that level..saying "cruising is work"? No, cruising is not work. It is a pleasure that I earned and paid for by working hard all my life. I used to do 7 day cruises twice a year... but am on my own now... and it makes it harder for me to afford things I love.

I really wish Carnival would just open their eyes... and see us Milestoners as what we are... loyal... and we have brought so many new cruisers onboard.... we should be in that top tier. After all, I hit platinum FOURTEEN cruises ago... and under this new program, I will need to do 8 - 9 7day cruises to hit a level of recognition that I should be at now... IN my opinion... its not the perks.. the Platinum perks are what I have... but even the perks need to be adjusted... especially for Diamond cruisers and Milestones... and especially for those few that have nearly 50 cruises with them... we know who they are...

Glad there are other people that feel the way I do and are not afraid to speak up.

Not true, you can get your 25% on any cruise up to 18 months after your 25th....I'm getting mine on my Australia Trans- Pacific which is my 26th and a nice OBC it is.....Dennis

Funny I am using my in March 2013 which will be by 34th cruise.

You know, it bothers me that I will have my 25th in Feb. and will not be Diamond.

But are you Diamond... I think I read that you are not... and that, my friend, after 33 cruises is just unbelieveable....

Archived