Milestone Cruisers that are not Diamond

yesaccasey

We leave this weekend for our Milestone cruise. My PVP wrote to tell me that we would be getting the white card since the "new" program doesn't go into effect until after we return. That won't be the case once the "new" program starts as they won't have the capability to do white cards except for each "Milestone" sailing - 25th, 50th, etc....so it will be back to Platinum status for us. I'm printing her email and our acknowledgement of our Milestone status from Carnival and taking them though...just in case:)

It is not silly... standing up to lies is what has to be done. CCL isn't getting anything from me or my family or people who cruise with me until they provide an explanation. I think that's reasonable.

@yesaccsey: You enjoy that other line . . . You will not be missed on the board here or on the ship. If you are really at a point to be your next sailing away from Diamond - but would walk away unless you get an explanation to your level of expectation .. I'm glad that we will never sail together.

Yes, all this whining is silly ... People should be looking at more important things in their life or just move on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, I spoke with Carnival this evening and the man I spoke with on the phone told me I would be grandfathered into Diamond. I called up and just asked if I would be grandfathered in. I didn't mention Platinum, Milestone, or Diamond... I told him my profile online said I was platinum and he said he did not know why but assumed I would be diamond upon sailing on my 25th cruise in September. He used Milestone and Diamond interchangeably. So I guess I have to wait until September to see? Sounds like they're stringing me along for a few more months.................

And to all the righteous people replying about being all high and mighty and trying to pump themselves up... lol, I hope you don't take yourselves seriously!???

John has now admitted that even he thought that Milestone was indeed a level (or tier) above Platinum.

So at least we (who also thought that) were not the only ones.

It seems this was just a case of extremely poor communication and training within the Carnival ranks.

IF Cruise Critic would allow me to put a link on here from that "social page" that shall remain unnamed....I could show you the actual page from Carnival's OLD (prior to today) website clearly showing that Milestone was never intended to be a stand alone level.

To be perfectly honest, I had never seen this one page from their website.

It was one of those things that just did not pop up on a regular basis when you visited their site.

It shows a GOLD card.....and explains the benefits.

It shows a PLATINUM card ...and explains the benefits.

Then it clearly shows a WHITE card that says:

PLATINUM MEMBER - MILESTONE and explains how you will get the 25% etc.

So all this time on the Carnival website, it has CLEARLY shown that Milestone was not a separate tier from Platinum.

What Corporate "intended" was handled completely incorrectly all these years by who ever prints the cards on the ship and by the Carnival Reps who hand them out.

These same employees were also responsible for separating the two groups all these years on the manifests....etc.

So all this seems to be one HUGE miscommunication.

Now this does not help those Milestoners who do not have 200 days....

but I hope that at least explains "how it happened" and that it was not an intentional thing by John or anyone else.

And that Carnival hates that this happened as much as anyone.....

Talk about Carnival back pedaling.:rolleyes:

I booked extra cruises just like the borderline platinum cruisers did so they would be grandfathered in because I was told to do that... that's literally thousands of dollars! That's why I am upset.

I called CCL this evening on my way home from work and people are still talking about milestone and platinum as being one in the same. I even told the guy I hadn't been on my 25th cruise yet.................... so it isn't like he assumed I had 30 something cruises and 200+ days. But calling doesn't do anything. They are going to keep telling me what I want to hear until it's so far out that nothing can be done and I am going to be that crazy person that won't let it go.

I booked extra cruises just like the borderline platinum cruisers did so they would be grandfathered in because I was told to do that... that's literally thousands of dollars! That's why I am upset.

I called CCL this evening on my way home from work and people are still talking about milestone and platinum as being one in the same. I even told the guy I hadn't been on my 25th cruise yet.................... so it isn't like he assumed I had 30 something cruises and 200+ days. But calling doesn't do anything. They are going to keep telling me what I want to hear until it's so far out that nothing can be done and I am going to be that crazy person that won't let it go.

The bottom line is Carnival just does not care about the Milestone cruisers.

The bottom line is Carnival just does not care about the Milestone cruisers.

Love how they're trying to spin milestone as a one time event now... what a joke. Milestone was always presented and treated as the tier above platinum... not a one time event and then back down to platinum.

I am actually surprised how many people accepted the load of manure Carnival kept feeding us about the new program. Carnival has been run like a business for profit since Cahill took over with no regard to customer satisfaction. I had very low expectations about the new program and my doubts were truly justified. But I do not feel cheated at all. Ill become diamond in 3 more cruises (big wow) and continue to look for the best value which may or may not be Carnival. You will continue to see less cain stewards, waiters, bar waiters, dancers, musicians, etc because that will satisfy the bean counters. I feel sorry for the loss of those people who have served me well but will be out of a job because of these continuing cutbacks

Does anyone have any written messages from John or any staff regarding milestone cruisers being grandfathered into Diamond? I was told numerous times by staff verbally that this was going to be the case. Anyone?

Actually saw a PDF where this was actually quoted, even though I always thought that Milestone was just a privilege, and not initially part of the program.

ETA: I see it's quoted right in this thread.

Signed, Polly

I was always under the impression that once you hit #25 you got the milestone cruise. This is the first time I am hearing that you only get the card on #25, 50, etc.

What I am not happy about is the fact that I was told milestone cruisers would be diamond under the new VIFP program. According to carnival.com I am platinum.

I personally was never under that impression based on how things have been worded by Carnival all along. Granted, I have only been hanging around these boards off and on for a few years and since it's a long time before I reach my first milestone cruise, I never paid much attention to discussions about it. I have a feeling that it's a misinterpretation that was just spread around the boards, along with the fact that Carnival itself kept issuing people the while card after they reached the 25th cruise.

Here is a direct quote from John's blog: John: Now what about the Milestone program? There seems to be some confusion as to whether the Milestone program was a level in the program or was simply a reward. Can you please clear this up?

Rob: Certainly. The Milestone program was intended to be a reward whereby guests, upon completion of their 25th, 50th, 75th or 100th sailing would be granted a ‘rebate’ in the form of an onboard credit equivalent to 25%, 50% or 75%, corresponding to the number of sailings completed. In the case of guests completing their 100th sailing, the guest could claim a reward equivalent to a complimentary cruise of up to eight days in length.

The original intent of the Milestone program was to recognize guests with a special Sail & Sign card on their milestone sailing only. However, we have learned that it had become customary for guests to be given a Milestone card on every sailing after reaching their 25th cruise.

Unfortunately, our new systems will only issue a Milestone card on a guest’s Milestone sailing. Moreover, under the new program guidelines, just about every new Platinum guest will be a Milestone guest. Therefore, we wanted to distinguish guests on their Milestone sailing with a unique card so that we can make his/her Milestone experience extra special and memorable. On all other sailings, guests will still continue to receive the full set of Platinum benefits (or Diamond benefits in the case of guests that have accrued 200 or more cruise days) and may still apply their Milestone discount to the sailing of their choice, within the guidelines of the Milestone program.

I know; I'm bummed about it myself because we leave this weekend our our 1st Milestone cruise, and I had asked my PVP if we would be getting the white cards. She said we would and then sent me that whole article with John and Rob. I also have a copy of that article or whatever it was where John said over and over again that Milestone cruisers would be placed into Diamond...yeah, right:(

....and do we really think Carnival printed up all those white milestone cards for a single use....how dumb and gullible do they think we are??...jeesh!

since Oct 2009, will they change colour did they just print them for me and peeps like me,? I now now have 226 days, and will get my Diamond in Sept.Will I be forever diamond?...I need 25 more white cards to complete my CARNIVAL CARD QUILT. Maybe they will give me blank ones???? riiiight !!!me and me and many others have already out lived the perks offered .Maybe after each additional 5 cruises...we could earn another precious perk??? That'll keep the bean heads busy for another 5 years!!!..just sayin..I have 32 more days booked that will total 258 days/points..Even a behind the scenes tour(that wont cost a thing)..no gifts, drinks, gambling, pics, minutes or fancy meals.....BT,DT

Here is a direct quote from John's blog: John: Now what about the Milestone program? There seems to be some confusion as to whether the Milestone program was a level in the program or was simply a reward. Can you please clear this up?

Rob: Certainly. The Milestone program was intended to be a reward whereby guests, upon completion of their 25th, 50th, 75th or 100th sailing would be granted a ‘rebate’ in the form of an onboard credit equivalent to 25%, 50% or 75%, corresponding to the number of sailings completed. In the case of guests completing their 100th sailing, the guest could claim a reward equivalent to a complimentary cruise of up to eight days in length.

The original intent of the Milestone program was to recognize guests with a special Sail & Sign card on their milestone sailing only. However, we have learned that it had become customary for guests to be given a Milestone card on every sailing after reaching their 25th cruise.

Unfortunately, our new systems will only issue a Milestone card on a guest’s Milestone sailing. Moreover, under the new program guidelines, just about every new Platinum guest will be a Milestone guest. Therefore, we wanted to distinguish guests on their Milestone sailing with a unique card so that we can make his/her Milestone experience extra special and memorable. On all other sailings, guests will still continue to receive the full set of Platinum benefits (or Diamond benefits in the case of guests that have accrued 200 or more cruise days) and may still apply their Milestone discount to the sailing of their choice, within the guidelines of the Milestone program.

no special recognition...at all....had to beg several weeks for my letter for my 25% OBC...for last years MAGIC, TA !!!..Now 50th approacheth.. more begging???

since Oct 2009, will they change colour did they just print them for me and peeps like me,? I now now have 226 days, and will get my Diamond in Sept.Will I be forever diamond?...I need 25 more white cards to complete my CARNIVAL CARD QUILT. Maybe they will give me blank ones???? riiiight !!!me and me and many others have already out lived the perks offered .Maybe after each additional 5 cruises...we could earn another precious perk??? That'll keep the bean heads busy for another 5 years!!!..just sayin..I have 32 more days booked that will total 258 days/points..Even a behind the scenes tour(that wont cost a thing)..no gifts, drinks, gambling, pics, minutes or fancy meals.....BT,DT

As I understand it, Carnival will still be handing out WHITE cards for those individuals who are indeed on their 25, 50, 75, 100th cruise.

And (as I understand it) the new Diamond cards will be WHITE as well...so perhaps you could use those as a border with the Milestone WHITE in the middle...

I know; I'm bummed about it myself because we leave this weekend our our 1st Milestone cruise, and I had asked my PVP if we would be getting the white cards. She said we would and then sent me that whole article with John and Rob. I also have a copy of that article or whatever it was where John said over and over again that Milestone cruisers would be placed into Diamond...yeah, right:(

I was milestone on my last cruise and I had to wait until after I boarded and go to Guest Services with my letter to get my white card. And as for anybody trying to make my milestone cruise extra special or memorable......NOT.......not even when I finally got GS to issue me my new card was anything mentioned. He handed it to me and said "There ya go" and turn around and walked away.

Not one bartender, not one gift shop worker absolutely nobody acknowledged my milestone status.

As I understand it, Carnival will still be handing out WHITE cards for those individuals who are indeed on their 25, 50, 75, 100th cruise.

And (as I understand it) the new Diamond cards will be WHITE as well...so perhaps you could use those as a border with the Milestone WHITE in the middle...

I was hoping that the Diamond cards would be Black like on the website banner......I'm bummed about them being white......The crew S&S cards are white also and I think that part of why nobody pays any attention to them they are common to see.

I remember when I was 1st Platinum, it was unusual to see a Platinum card and people commented on them all the time........

18 cruises = old program need 7 cruises till milestone

new program 125 days now need 75 more days till milestone

so from 49 days it's jumpted to 75. maybe rcc will appreciate my 5 cruises there. time to start looking around :)

so from 49 days it's jumpted to 75. maybe rcc will appreciate my 5 cruises there. time to start looking around :)

Need 7 cruises to Milestone (25% of cruise cost OBC 1 time)

75 days to Diamond (a bunch of 1 time perks and some current platinum perks nothing worth as much as the 1 time Milestone OBC)

Milestone is NOT a number of days; it's a number of cruises, no matter the length. On your 25th cruise, or any cruise after that you want, you will get a 25% OBC based on the price of your cruise. Our 25th cruise is this weekend, but we're waiting until a longer or more expensive cruise to use our OBC.

Ok so here is a summary:

Up until about 3 weeks ago all milestone cruisers were supposed to be grandfathered into the highest tier... which we now know as diamond

Now, milestone is completely separate per one statement made in the last couple of weeks

Borderline milestone cruisers took extra cruises so they would be grandfathered in just like platinums

If I call Carnival they tell me I am diamond

If I email Carnival they do not respond

I have received no responses nor was my post approved on JH's blog

CARNIVAL... TELL ME WHAT I HAVE WRONG????

Ok so here is a summary:

Up until about 3 weeks ago all milestone cruisers were supposed to be grandfathered into the highest tier... which we now know as diamond

Now, milestone is completely separate per one statement made in the last couple of weeks

Borderline milestone cruisers took extra cruises so they would be grandfathered in just like platinums

If I call Carnival they tell me I am diamond

If I email Carnival they do not respond

I have received no responses nor was my post approved on JH's blog

CARNIVAL... TELL ME WHAT I HAVE WRONG????

HaHa - You were living in a dream. Milestone is a level in your dream and your were thinking about the new top level you would be in with the new loyalty program, Diamond. You were wondering what the new Diamond level will offer and then Rob Borden came along and woke you up. You told him about your dream and he said Milestone has never been a level it was just in your dreams.

Yes, we all know it was a level until Mr. Borden announced on Saturday that it was not. I guess we all had the same dream.

I was told former milestone = new diamond. I am not asking for something that wasn't promised. I was told that my milestone level would turn into diamond under the new program.

In addition, the new program was touted to be 'brilliant' and that no cruisers would lose any benefits, which is clearly not the case. I don't care if it's not that big of a deal. I am upset that I was told one thing and the opposite happened.

Ditto on this.

Seems as though us loyalist folks are getting the shaft. Seems like we should all be getting use to this in life, let down again. :( Apparently Carnival never told us Milestone people that it wasn't really a level of loyalty, but it sure was fun getting treated like a queen as long as it lasted.:eek: Back to Platinum for another 29 days at sea.

Diamond card will be dark silver w/ light silver accents or vs/vs..tx from the quilt tip..lucky

Archived