Milestone Cruisers that are not Diamond

yesaccasey

Must be a change I received the white(milestone) card on ALL my cruises starting with #25.

J.H. was going to see if we could keep the white card for all cruises after 25. I ask him yesterday and hadn't heard anythink. But as it is now only get it on your 25th,50th,and75. I think that sucks. I got slam by some on Johns FB. But John did agree with me.

J.H. was going to see if we could keep the white card for all cruises after 25. I ask him yesterday and hadn't heard anythink. But as it is now only get it on your 25th,50th,and75. I think that sucks. I got slam by some on Johns FB. But John did agree with me.

whoever the talking head that John was interviewing (Rob somebody) said that the system would not do that......

And I agree with you...that the WHITE card is the least they could have done....

whoever the talking head that John was interviewing (Rob somebody) said that the system would not do that......

And I agree with you...that the WHITE card is the least they could have done....

But Rob said it was an IT problem but with the BRILLIANT IT @ CCL it will take another 3.5 years LOL

Ditto on this.

Seems as though us loyalist folks are getting the shaft. Seems like we should all be getting use to this in life, let down again. :( Apparently Carnival never told us Milestone people that it wasn't really a level of loyalty, but it sure was fun getting treated like a queen as long as it lasted.:eek: Back to Platinum for another 29 days at sea.

I couldn't agree more. Seems like there are trying to please people with less then 10 cruises. But milesrone and people close, they arn't nothing John is going to see if we can keep are white card. I don't think a lot of people no how hard it is to cruise with one cruises line for 25 + cruises. Now that is loyalty. This is just the way I feel.Rob is full of---- they can make it happen in a few min.

I couldn't agree more. Seems like there are trying to please people with less then 10 cruises. But milesrone and people close, they arn't nothing John is going to see if we can keep are white card. I don't think a lot of people no how hard it is to cruise with one cruises line for 25 + cruises. Now that is loyalty. This is just the way I feel.Rob is full of---- they can make it happen in a few min.

I am also thinking (but I could be wrong) that Carnival has decided against the Diamond card they show on their VIFP website and opted to use the White card for Diamond....so that is probably why they can not do a White Milestone. It would be to confusing.....

IF I understood John correctly Monday or Tuesday on his Facebook.

How could you be grandfathered into something that did not exist. You have been placed into the level that you have earned. You still have your milestone, which was never a level but a single cruise.

I totally agree with you. As it is, some, not all, became Platinum with 30 or even less cruise days and Milestone with 75 or less cruise days, but on the 25th cruise. Why would someone with less than 200 days feel "entitled" to be Diamond? I know you say you were told you would be. We were told that there would be no reduction in benefits, but guess what? We as Platinum have a reduction. Not all things told to us before the new program turned out to be true.

There was no Diamond program before this. People had Milestone cards, but in fact were treated as Platinum as there was nothing higher. Now, that there is, it seems to me that the only fair thing is to be Diamond, you, as well as anyone else, needs to get to 200 days.

Before that, you will still be treated as Platinum, just as before and you will lose some benefits, just as us other Platinum people did.

I totally agree with you. As it is, some, not all, became Platinum with 30 or even less cruise days and Milestone with 75 or less cruise days, but on the 25th cruise. Why would someone with less than 200 days feel "entitled" to be Diamond? I know you say you were told you would be. We were told that there would be no reduction in benefits, but guess what? We as Platinum have a reduction. Not all things told to us before the new program turned out to be true.

There was no Diamond program before this. People had Milestone cards, but in fact were treated as Platinum as there was nothing higher. Now, that there is, it seems to me that the only fair thing is to be Diamond, you, as well as anyone else, needs to get to 200 days.

Before that, you will still be treated as Platinum, just as before and you will lose some benefits, just as us other Platinum people did.

As a side note, after our 7th NCL cruise in Jan. we will be 2/3 of the way to their highest loyalty tier (which is 75 points). I guess NCL values loyalty :p. On Carnival it takes 200 points.....

The only exceptions to what you just said is that there were individuals who were told by On Line Coordinators on Facebook (whose job it is to inform the customer and handle their issues) that if they were close to Milestone "to just take short cruises before the program is implemented".....

because they would be grandfathered in to their current level (with the understanding that this was one level above Platinum....no matter what the name is).

Now, if there was no additional benefit to this "current level" .... why were cruisers told by Carnival employees, who are paid to advise customers, cram in short cruises????

Now there probably were not many who did this (and certainly all current Milestone folks do not fit into this group)....but there were a few that did....and they have a legitimate complaint.

As a side note, after our 7th NCL cruise in Jan. we will be 2/3 of the way to their highest loyalty tier (which is 75 points). I guess NCL values loyalty :p. On Carnival it takes 200 points.....

That is clearly necessity on NCL's part.

Of the big 3 mass market lines, they have the lowest occupancy rate.

RCCL is second (which is why they have to spend advertising dollars on things like Meet and Greets)....

The only exceptions to what you just said is that there were individuals who were told by On Line Coordinators on Facebook (whose job it is to inform the customer and handle their issues) that if they were close to Milestone "to just take short cruises before the program is implemented".....

because they would be grandfathered in to their current level (with the understanding that this was one level above Platinum....no matter what the name is).

Now, if there was no additional benefit to this "current level" .... why were cruisers told by Carnival employees, who are paid to advise customers, cram in short cruises????

Now there probably were not many who did this (and certainly all current Milestone folks do not fit into this group)....but there were a few that did....and they have a legitimate complaint.

Exactly. It's the same issue regarding the borderline platinum cruisers who are given until x date to get 10 cruises. Milestone cruisers were told the same thing. Get 25 cruises to be grandfathered in to the highest tier.

There's no issue of deserving this or that. This is black and white in my book.

Exactly. It's the same issue regarding the borderline platinum cruisers who are given until x date to get 10 cruises. Milestone cruisers were told the same thing. Get 25 cruises to be grandfathered in to the highest tier.

There's no issue of deserving this or that. This is black and white in my book.

My book also. I hope everyone writes and or emails Carnival and let them no their views on this. Maybe just maybe they will have second thoughts.

I emailed my letter on Monday and by Monday afternoon I had a phone call.

So all milestone cruisers that were promised being grandfathered in start emailing.

By the way I even went to bat for gold level put back to red. So you all should write letters also.

After all a promise is a promise and this promise was just not by JH but many people at Carnival headquarters and on the ships.

My book also. I hope everyone writes and or emails Carnival and let them no their views on this. Maybe just maybe they will have second thoughts.

I emailed my letter on Monday and by Monday afternoon I had a phone call.

So all milestone cruisers that were promised being grandfathered in start emailing.

By the way I even went to bat for gold level put back to red. So you all should write letters also.

After all a promise is a promise and this promise was just not by JH but many people at Carnival headquarters and on the ships.

When you received the call from carnival, what did they say?? Did they up you to diamond?

When you received the call from carnival, what did they say?? Did they up you to diamond?

NO!!!!

A lady from Ron Borden's office called me. She said the same old song and dance that milestone was never meant to be a level. I told her that up until Borden did the Q&A session on JH facebook page everyone new it was and saying it on Saturday didn't make it not so.

Long story short she said they were looking at the program and would be discussing it in their upcoming meeting.

So in another 3 years maybe (lol). But if enough people complain directly to Carnival who knows hopefully it will do some good. I know it is fine to complain on these boards (and I have many times over this unloyal program) and I know they read them (she even said they did) but complaining directly is always best.

By the way I emailed the letter to Borden, Cahill, Customer Care, Milestone Dept. and my PVP.

NO!!!!

A lady from Ron Borden's office called me. She said the same old song and dance that milestone was never meant to be a level. I told her that up until Borden did the Q&A session on JH facebook page everyone new it was and saying it on Saturday didn't make it not so.

Long story short she said they were looking at the program and would be discussing it in their upcoming meeting.

So in another 3 years maybe (lol). But if enough people complain directly to Carnival who knows hopefully it will do some good. I know it is fine to complain on these boards (and I have many times over this unloyal program) and I know they read them (she even said they did) but complaining directly is always best.

By the way I emailed the letter to Borden, Cahill, Customer Care, Milestone Dept. and my PVP.

Could you please share their contact info?

I am platinum about to take my Milestone cruise with less than 200 days. I never expected to be more than Platinum, and I never once saw anything official on the Carnival site that said otherwise. Yes I know JH probably said so on his blog or his FB page and I know it was mentioned here many times, but the only official word came from Carnival this past weekend. Hopefully at some point I will reach 200 days, but it will not be just because I want to be Diamond

I am platinum about to take my Milestone cruise with less than 200 days. I never expected to be more than Platinum, and I never once saw anything official on the Carnival site that said otherwise. Yes I know JH probably said so on his blog or his FB page and I know it was mentioned here many times, but the only official word came from Carnival this past weekend. Hopefully at some point I will reach 200 days, but it will not be just because I want to be Diamond

I wish you and all the milestone level people who feel they were wrong good luck, but I read between the Carnival Lines. There are too many people in the platinum and milestone levels who get perks. Cost CCL to much money....so CCL re shuffles the "perk deck".... Hence the new loyalty program... move the perks across more levels that are harder to get. Good move for CCL but not for CCL long term cruisers. CCL wants the first, second cruisers more than 20, 30 cruisers, why the newbies spend more money per cruise.. I look for quality cruises that sail to different ports. I want more from my cruise that is why I'm also looking at NCL and RC and others. I'm past being WOWed by one cruise line.....Just Me

That is clearly necessity on NCL's part.

Of the big 3 mass market lines, they have the lowest occupancy rate.

RCCL is second (which is why they have to spend advertising dollars on things like Meet and Greets)....

you think..they have 1/2 the ships of ccl and rccl.. but ncl has the youngest fleet around

I wish you and all the milestone level people who feel they were wrong good luck, but I read between the Carnival Lines. There are too many people in the platinum and milestone levels who get perks. Cost CCL to much money....so CCL re shuffles the "perk deck".... Hence the new loyalty program... move the perks across more levels that are harder to get. Good move for CCL but not for CCL long term cruisers. CCL wants the first, second cruisers more than 20, 30 cruisers, why the newbies spend more money per cruise.. I look for quality cruises that sail to different ports. I want more from my cruise that is why I'm also looking at NCL and RC and others. I'm past being WOWed by one cruise line.....Just Me

The only reason I care so much is because I booked enough cruises so I would hit 25 this year... which is what I was told I needed to do to be grandfathered in. I don't even care about the perks... a one time steakhouse dinner? The only thing I really want is the tier I was promised.

I cruise many cruise lines and never said I would not continue to cruise with Carnival, but it is the principle of the whole situation. I do not use any of the perks other than for boarding and debarking. It is not about the perks it is about a company not lieing to their customers.

Milestone cruisers were promised by Carnival, not just JH, that we would be grandfathered into the top tier and we were not. I think that Carnival should live up to what we were promised and not try to back pedal...Just my opinion.

I cruise many cruise lines and never said I would not continue to cruise with Carnival, but it is the principle of the whole situation. I do not use any of the perks other than for boarding and debarking. It is not about the perks it is about a company not lieing to their customers.

Milestone cruisers were promised by Carnival, not just JH, that we would be grandfathered into the top tier and we were not. I think that Carnival should live up to what we were promised and not try to back pedal...Just my opinion.

Well said...my opinion, too!!!

Well said...my opinion, too!!!
I agree wholeheartedly. We've tried NCL (weren't that impressed) and RCCL (don't care for that much) and Princess (definitely enjoy), but we still plan to cruise with CCL. Eventually we will try other lines, too. The perks aren't worth arguing over, but after only 2 more cruises with Princess (we've done 3), we will be entitled to 150 FREE Internet minutes! For anyone who is interested in that, it's quite a deal.

I agree. I will say this... I will always be cruising on Carnival... and am looking forward to my upcoming 24 cruise in September. And my 25 cruise in Feb., which I booked to reach the milestone level... which I thought would put me in the top tier... Diamond. However, that being said, I do not cruise for the perks. Really, there is not much difference in the Diamond and Platinum... except for a few one time things...

I feel that Milestone cruisers need to be shown that their loyalty means something too. Lots here wont agree... because all they say is... YOU were promised nothing.. it is what is is... nothing... not a tier.... Well, I can tell you this. It is SOMETHING. I have given them my loyalty for over twenty years... Some people make note of when I said I worked hard to get to that level..saying "cruising is work"? No, cruising is not work. It is a pleasure that I earned and paid for by working hard all my life. I used to do 7 day cruises twice a year... but am on my own now... and it makes it harder for me to afford things I love.

I really wish Carnival would just open their eyes... and see us Milestoners as what we are... loyal... and we have brought so many new cruisers onboard.... we should be in that top tier. After all, I hit platinum FOURTEEN cruises ago... and under this new program, I will need to do 8 - 9 7day cruises to hit a level of recognition that I should be at now... IN my opinion... its not the perks.. the Platinum perks are what I have... but even the perks need to be adjusted... especially for Diamond cruisers and Milestones... and especially for those few that have nearly 50 cruises with them... we know who they are...

I agree. I will say this... I will always be cruising on Carnival... and am looking forward to my upcoming 24 cruise in September. And my 25 cruise in Feb., which I booked to reach the milestone level... which I thought would put me in the top tier... Diamond. However, that being said, I do not cruise for the perks. Really, there is not much difference in the Diamond and Platinum... except for a few one time things...

I feel that Milestone cruisers need to be shown that their loyalty means something too. Lots here wont agree... because all they say is... YOU were promised nothing.. it is what is is... nothing... not a tier.... Well, I can tell you this. It is SOMETHING. I have given them my loyalty for over twenty years... Some people make note of when I said I worked hard to get to that level..saying "cruising is work"? No, cruising is not work. It is a pleasure that I earned and paid for by working hard all my life. I used to do 7 day cruises twice a year... but am on my own now... and it makes it harder for me to afford things I love.

I really wish Carnival would just open their eyes... and see us Milestoners as what we are... loyal... and we have brought so many new cruisers onboard.... we should be in that top tier. After all, I hit platinum FOURTEEN cruises ago... and under this new program, I will need to do 8 - 9 7day cruises to hit a level of recognition that I should be at now... IN my opinion... its not the perks.. the Platinum perks are what I have... but even the perks need to be adjusted... especially for Diamond cruisers and Milestones... and especially for those few that have nearly 50 cruises with them... we know who they are...

I agree!

June 15, 2012

Dear Milestone Guest,

I am writing to you to express our sincere apologies for the confusion and disappointment related to how our Milestone Rewards program is incorporated into our new VIFP Club recognition program. A number of our loyal guests who have sailed 25-plus times with Carnival have expressed their disappointment with our decision not to issue Milestone cards to everyone who has reached the 25-plus threshold on every subsequent sailing. Additionally, it has come to our attention that misinformation was provided by several of our call center associates and other Carnival employees related to how the two programs would work together in the future. On behalf of all of us at Carnival, I’m very sorry.

The changes we have announced are designed to make certain that we properly recognize members celebrating their 25th, 50th, 75th and 100th cruise while also improving the recognition elements of the Platinum level by investing more in the elite members’ party, as well as improving the quality of the gifts delivered on each sailing. While I can understand and appreciate the disappointment in no longer receiving a Milestone card, I am confident that when you experience the new elements on board, you will see that we have taken positive steps to further recognize your value to Carnival.

It is also true that we have changed some of the current benefits, including changes to laundry service and guarantees of dining times and reservations. The changes in the laundry service and dining guarantees are necessary given the growth in the number of Platinum members, and our unwillingness to promise a benefit that we know we cannot always fulfill. While we know the decision to make these changes has opened us up to some justifiable criticism, we would rather make these modifications to the program now than over-promise and under-deliver on board.

Please be assured, these changes were not made lightly. But our goal is to deliver a consistent, fun and memorable experience to our most loyal guests. We believe these changes will allow us to do just that as well as position us to continue to deliver on that promise well into the future.

Thank you so very much for your loyalty to Carnival. We greatly value your business and I look forward to seeing you on board, enjoying the new VIFP Club benefits very soon.

Sincerely,

Jim Berra

Senior V

ice President and Chief Marketing Officer

I e-mailed Mr Berra at Jberra at carnival dot com.....

Archived