Florida Everglades booked through Carnival on day your flight leaves?

Disneynutbsv

Just wondering if anyone can tell me about it? ?

I wish I could.

On our Princess cruise we had a 3:15pm flight out of FLL so I thought what the hell. We have time to kill, so we might just as well do something interesting and not have to lug our luggage around. Princess had two tours, both very similar.

I tried for one. Cancelled. "Not enough interest" is what they told me. I tried the other tour, and about 10pm the night before we disembarked they called the cabin and said that tour was cancelled too. "Not enough interest".

Epilogue: we stayed on the ship until the last possible minute, took a cab to FLL, arriving about 11am. Not too bad. It could have been worse. Oh, right. It did get worse. Our flight was delayed. We didn't board until 5:30pm. Ugh. What a long day that was.

We did this tour just over a year ago - I think we got to the airport around 1230. The everglades was experiencing a drought and there was alot of mud but it was very informative. The gator compound was a little cheesie and of course you can pose with a small gator for a donation. The bus driver/tour guide was well informed and could answer any questions and also gave a good history of the everglades. We did it because we didn't want to spend the whole day at the airport and it did the trick.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me about it? What time do you get back to the airport? Our flight is at 3:35pm...It seems it would be better than hanging around at the airport???

We have booked the Everglades tour in both FLL and Miami --tour is great your baggage goes with you on bus--We were dropped off at our airline at airport.

Great deal in my opinion:)

My dad and I did this on our last Carnival cruise... it was super fun! I want to do it again.

We however, were staying in Miami for 2 days and then getting on another cruise.

So we gave our bus driver an extra tip and he dropped us off at our hotel (he was apparently going back to the Cruise port anyways, and our hotel was right across from Bayside Marketplace, and you could SEE the cruise port)

I've had several after cruise tours cancelled because of lack of interest too...

I did this tour on my last cruise, and it was very interesting. People stowed their luggage in the bus's cargo compartment. It consisted of four parts: the airboat ride, the alligator show, the reptile zoo, and the raised walkway through a forest. Everglades had a good amount of water that day, so it was very lush and green. There were no mosquitoes. The airboat ride last about an hour, and went through different terrain. Then a park ranger performed in a cage with alligators, talked about how those animals live, and gave some interesting facts. The rest of the excursion was free time to walk around a zoo containing alligators and crocodiles from around the world, plus a raised wooden walkway going through what looks very much like a jungle, only with different trees. All in all, it was a very nice excursion and I learned that the Everglades is a not a marsh, but an extremely wide, slow-moving river. Afterwards, the driver took everybody to the Miami Airport. (There are no tours going to Fort Lauderdale Airport, so if that's where your flight is, take a bus or a taxi from MIA.)

I did one of the Everglades tour, and it was a HOOT! There weren't many alligators out in the everglades, as it was cloudy, he explained they come out in the sun.

He drove slow enough and had us point out if there was one, and he stopped for photos to be taken.

I enjoyed the show afterward, like another poster said, for a 'donation' you can hold Snappy, the baby alligator. We were given time to just roam around on the paths for an hr or so, then met up at the bus.

While I walked around, there were plenty of gators in the area.

When you get off the ship, go to your right. I made the mistake and went left...lol. I loved the fact I was taken to the airport afterward.

Melanie

wow, its such a large park, it would take all day, or it did us. There are walks you have to dress for (long pants and socks) and buildings with little info movies .. its a all day affair to really see .. .not to mention the park stretches from one coast to the other.

wow, its such a large park, it would take all day, or it did us. There are walks you have to dress for (long pants and socks) and buildings with little info movies .. its a all day affair to really see .. .not to mention the park stretches from one coast to the other.

You're thinking Everglades National Park. The excursion goes to Everglades Safari Park. You could say that it's a condensed, somewhat sanitized version of the "real thing", although it's located within the boundaries of the national park. You don't have to dress up any special way, except maybe, athletic shoes.

You're thinking Everglades National Park. The excursion goes to Everglades Safari Park. You could say that it's a condensed, somewhat sanitized version of the "real thing", although it's located within the boundaries of the national park. You don't have to dress up any special way, except maybe, athletic shoes.

Oh .. sorry.

I would rent a car and see the real thing then. I thought it was worth seeing.

It is the "real thing">> Everglades is the Everglades, no matter which part of it you visit or which tour company you use

I have been on various ones at various time (local deals in summer as cheap as $10 each for the airboat and bring a picnic lunch)

I have friends from out of town with later flights who have done this and loved it, thru Carnival and Royal

If your ship offers it (and all ports should, the "Everglades" is huge and is much of the "interior" of the state)...then take it if you have not seen it JMO

Everglades , the "River of Grass" is really different...a "unique" eco system

Most of the tours will tell you a lot about it, you will see gators (I can see gators in spring by the canels LOL)....

yeah there will be cheesy pose with little gator options...but it beats sitting around the airport

Have fun

Archived