Carnival Sunshine

NYGirl1002

On Sunshine, the aft pool is being relocated to Serenity where it will truly be adults only.

The ship is still just on the drawing board and people keep referring to crowds that don't exist.

A steakhouse, Cucina de Capitano, an Asian restaurant and more will be added.

The comedy club has not been eliminated, it is just being moved and called the Limelight lounge.

They are supposed to be adding a Ropes course. Even a cigar bar.

It is an entirely new concept for Carnival and I'm kind of excited about it.

The only thing I will miss on it over Conquest is the Fish and Chips.

For more:

http://www.travelagentcentral.com/cruises/conversation-with-ruben-rodriguez-carnivals-evp-ship-ops-33993

https://www.goccl.com/resourcecenter/PDF/Sunshine.pdf

Thanks for posting the interview. It was an interesting read!

Carnival is new to the Mediterranean. I would suggest you keep your eyes open for the other cruise lines that have been doing it for years thus more experience. Europe prices continue to be deeply discounted on all lines. There are 10-12 day cruises for less than $100 per day in balcony cabins this year. Don't book too early. I did the Med last November on Celebrity for $899 for 11 nights on a balcony. YOU WILL LOVE EUROPE!

Wow ..I'm so depressed now! I'm thinking I'm getting a new ship and the price was so good too..compared to the other cruise lines. Even the picture of the cabins looks like it's all new and stuff.

I may just book the one on the Legend around the same time.

and new is what they want you to think it is.

they are killing the destiny due to its stigma all these years. and after sailing it, it is my least favorite and most crowded ship.

and to think they are cutting the public rooms, as well as adding more cabins sends shudders down my spine.

and it certainly makes no sense to increase the amount of towels sitting on chairs from 1 deck to 3.

i look forward to reading the reviews, and certainly won't be sailing it.

Thank you all for your input and opinions. When I get closer to booking I will do more in depth research.

The more I think about it, the Med cruises are very port intensive and the entertainment probably isn't going to mean much.

I think the price may be right and I still may do it.

I noticed that CCL is using older ships in Europe but also bringing back the Baltic route and another one in spring/fall. How does the Legend stack up to the other ships. I have only been on a few of the new ships and I never cruise the Caribbean so I haven't seen the older ones.

I noticed that CCL is using older ships in Europe but also bringing back the Baltic route and another one in spring/fall. How does the Legend stack up to the other ships. I have only been on a few of the new ships and I never cruise the Caribbean so I haven't seen the older ones.

the legend is a spirit class vessel, a favorite among many.

great layout, and more space per passenger.

and new is what they want you to think it is.

they are killing the destiny due to its stigma all these years. and after sailing it, it is my least favorite and most crowded ship.

and to think they are cutting the public rooms, as well as adding more cabins sends shudders down my spine.

and it certainly makes no sense to increase the amount of towels sitting on chairs from 1 deck to 3.

i look forward to reading the reviews, and certainly won't be sailing it.

This sounds like riding the Staten Island ferry during rush hour for an entire cruise LOL

I was on the Carnival Magic for a Mediterranean cruise and loved it. You are correct that the European cruises are very port intensive. There seemed to be a more diverse crowd on the european cruise vs. the Caribbean cruises I've taken. I loved chatting with people from all over the world, most spoke english, there were a few who didn't. I'm not worried about the deck chairs as I cruise in Europe for the ports, not the pool.

I saved the PDFs of both the Destiny and Sunshine so hopefully in the next day or so I can look at them side by side. I'm a project manager by profession and sometimes just can't turn that off, even when planning vacations, it all has to be organized, analyzed and complete risk assessment/mitigation plans completed!

I just went over my history 17 cruises on the victory triumph & destiny combined

destiny 2642 passengers sunshine 3006 triumph & victory 2758

They are adding 364 passengers and reducing an already crowded Dining areas and theater

I dont think the dining areas will be a problem but staff cutting may a problem depending where the cuts are. I would be more concerned about the elimination of the live bands and maybe replacing them with DJ's , I do not believe this does have anything to do with music being to load but CCL justs wants to save $$. So I will not be sailing on the Sunshine until maybe 2014 so I guess I'll have to wait until then to find out what the changes are concerning the live bands.

Gary

Oh, boy, this happens all the time on cc. I never said that the comedy club was being eliminated. In fact, I knew it wouldn't. I just didn't know where it would be. Now that I know (Limelight Lounge-deck 4), we can see what the Sunshine is eliminating. The cigar room is one. Ok, sure, many of us won't care that they're getting rid of that, but some might care. And those people deserve to know before they book the ship. The "Downbeat", where a live band would play, is being eliminated. The dance club is definitely gone, which seems crazy to me. And while the serenity area will have an adults only pool, the elimination of the aft pool has reduced the number of pools. The Destiny has 3 for adults and 2 for anyone. The Sunshine has 2 for adults and 1 for anyone. Plus, there is the crowding issue that has been discussed--more people, no increase in staff, smaller theater, smaller dining room, less public space. Sure, nobody has sailed the Sunshine yet, so "how do you know it's going to be crowded". How can it not be?

It would be wrong of us to report that this ship is keeping everything it used to have, and adding other things. While some things are being added, which some people are happy about, other things are being eliminated, which some people won't care are gone. But for those that aren't happy about the eliminations and additions, they deserve to know, so that they can instead spend their hard earned money on a ship that will have what they truly want. There are additions, which we've all heard about like crazy, but little is said about the reductions. People deserve to know.

Sunshine will have a real cigar bar, not one in name only. And a Latin Band area. And much more.

Historically Carnival puts the newest ships in Europe - Breeze this year, Magic last year, Dream before that, etc. etc. The Freedom inaugural season was in Europe.

Some think they are reducing without adding, which is silly. There are a number of new eateries.

The Med is very port intensive and you won't care about entertainment venues or much else. You have long tours port after port, day after day and start looking forward to a day off.

I seem to have picked up a title of Carnival cheerleader, but can assure you that some referring to me as that are Carnival jeerleaders.

I've been on 4 Med cruises with Carnival and a Baltics Carnival cruise and wouldn't hesitate to go back with Carnival. In fact, next year we will be. :D

Sunshine will have a real cigar bar, not one in name only. And a Latin Band area. And much more.

Historically Carnival puts the newest ships in Europe - Breeze this year, Magic last year, Dream before that, etc. etc. The Freedom inaugural season was in Europe.

Some think they are reducing without adding, which is silly. There are a number of new eateries.

The Med is very port intensive and you won't care about entertainment venues or much else. You have long tours port after port, day after day and start looking forward to a day off.

I seem to have picked up a title of Carnival cheerleader, but can assure you that some referring to me as that are Carnival jeerleaders.

I've been on 4 Med cruises with Carnival and a Baltics Carnival cruise and wouldn't hesitate to go back with Carnival. In fact, next year we will be. :D

But in the end she will be home ported in New Orleans with at least 3 sea days during a normal 7 days Western Caribbean cruise..

• 7 months later...
Thank you all for your input and opinions. When I get closer to booking I will do more in depth research.

The more I think about it, the Med cruises are very port intensive and the entertainment probably isn't going to mean much.

I think the price may be right and I still may do it.

Did you decide on the Sunshine?

Archived