dining dress codes ???

On my first Freestyle cruise (02) you could not even wear jeans in the MDR the dress code was resort casual and they expected nice slacks or dockers and a collared shirt as a minimum - we saw people turned away because of either jeans or shorts (mostly teens). As I expected in Hawaii almost anything went - however I did not see that many people using the MDRs on that trip - I was also guilty of eating in either the Cadilac Diner or the buffett and one night in the Italian place -to me it was too hot to wear even dockers. Now I suppose I won't have that excuse on my upcomming Alaska cruise :D. But since I will be in a suite - I will just have my butler deliver the meals to my room and dress as I please :eek:

Things have changed, that type of attire would never have been allowed before.

I had jeans on, and that seemed to be ok too.

Some sailings allow shorts in all of the dining venues. It should have said if there were any restrictions on the back of the dailies for that sailing. As well not all the time it is enforced. Some sailings are, some are not.

Of course it was ok for you to where jeans. The no jeans rule hasn't been in for quite a while now.

Going on the epic in 2 weeks, is it just the main dining room Manhattan than and the French place that dont allow shorts, are jeans ok and can shorts be wore in the rest, im heading with family and in my early 20"s I intend to bring one pair of black pants and white shirt.

Going on the epic in 2 weeks, is it just the main dining room Manhattan than and the French place that dont allow shorts, are jeans ok and can shorts be wore in the rest, im heading with family and in my early 20"s I intend to bring one pair of black pants and white shirt.

Yes I believe it is the Manhattan room on the Epic that does not allow shorts and yes also Le Bistro French Restaurants.

Shorts are OK in all the rest of the dining venues. And jeans are allowed in any of them as long as they are presentable and not ripped or torn.

We were on the Dawn last week, June 8.

While waiting in line for the Venetian MDR, the guys ahead of us were dressed in tank tops, basketball shorts & baseball caps. All the maitre D asked of them was to remove the caps.

Things have changed, that type of attire would never have been allowed before.

I had jeans on, and that seemed to be ok too.

\And it will be soon enough that the best meal on the menu will be some meatloaf that was frozen with a side of generic boxed mac 'n cheez (not a typo).

Archived