Best place to view ships, Southampton

Redrobo

Easiest, if you're in town, from Town Quay. No view of QE2 dock, restricted view of ship in Ocean terminal. The little Hythe ferry plies from Town Quay & gives a good view.

Parking charges, same as elsewhere in the centre.

Or the other side of Southampton Water at Hythe, from the pier or the marina (pay carparks or free street parking).

Or way beyond Hythe, to Calshot Spit (free parking)

Or on the east side of Southampton Water, from Weston Shore through to Queen Victoria Country Park. mainly free parking

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?saddr=Unknown+road&daddr=Prospect+Pl+to:Route+2%2FRoute+23+to:Weston+Parade+to:Queen+Victoria+Country+Park&hl=en&ll=50.84237,-1.392174&spn=0.175819,0.300064&sll=50.888633,-1.368656&sspn=0.010978,0.018754&geocode=FSNzBwMdOAfs_w%3BFW85CAMd66Tq_w%3BFU-PCAMdmY3q_w%3BFad2CAMd4Arr_w%3BFQ41CAMdIHzr_yGX3gvE5_LD4g&oq=Calshot+&mra=dme&mrsp=3&sz=16&t=m&z=12

JB :)

Thanks for the info. I have been told th will be 7 ships in and friends want to go down to see them.

Is this the P&O event on 3rd July? I expect Southampton will be manic that day. Good luck!

As others have suggested, I think you're better to keep out of Southampton and go to Hythe or Calshot.

Archived