Perks with Grand Suite and Oceanview Suite

Peemagg

We are looking at taking a cruise with Carnival and booking either a Grand Suite or a Oceanview Suite and was wondering what perks are there with both rooms? Does either of these (of both) offer free laundry?

Any help or suggestions would be helpful.

Only perk with Ocean suite or Grand suite (other than the extra space, nicer finishes and lighting, and very acceptable bathroom with jacuzzi tub) is the VIP boarding and disembarkation. You have to be Plutonium or Diabolical to get free laundry..

only perk with ocean suite or grand suite (other than the extra space, nicer finishes and lighting, and very acceptable bathroom with jacuzzi tub) is the vip boarding and disembarkation. You have to be plutonium or diabolical to get free laundry..

lmao!

I had booked a balcony room for an upcoming Legend cruise on July 1st. During booking with TA, I stated I wanted early dining. He said early dining was filled so we took late dining. I logged into my account on Carnival and saw that I could be put on a waiting list for early dining. So I do so. For weeks it stated that I was on a waiting list. When I called TA to make final payment, I upgraded to an Ocean View Suite:). When I logged back into my account through Carnival, I was confirmed for early dining. Not sure if it was a perk for booking the suite. :D

Not worth the money.

In your opinion. In my opinion they are worth every penny. I'll never have a basic balcony cabin again. We aren't in the Grand Suite just a lowly OS. I love having more room in the bedroom area and that dressing table is great. The best part is a REAL bathroom. One sweep of your arm does not touch every surface in the bathroom. LOL

I feel very lucky to be able to splurge for the larger cabin. For many years we cruised in inside cabins. It was all we could afford. Now, since we are older we feel we deserve to treat ourselves to a little luxury. I drive an 8 year old car so I splurge on a cruise.

When I was younger the cabin didn't matter. Now with some physical challenges the extra room is a Godsend.

I say book whatever cabin makes you happy and fits your budget.

We are looking to splurge on the suites for a couple of reasons. 1. It has been a rough year for me, and my Mom has been having to take care of both her and I. So it is a little "Thank You" gift to her. 2. I am now handicapped and was thinking the extra room would be nice for all my equipment that I travel with.

We are looking to splurge on the suites for a couple of reasons. 1. It has been a rough year for me, and my Mom has been having to take care of both her and I. So it is a little "Thank You" gift to her. 2. I am now handicapped and was thinking the extra room would be nice for all my equipment that I travel with.

thats why I used to book a OV often, the extra room on the newer ships. 220 s.f vs a balcony cabin which is only 185 s.f. inside. My sister is on a cane or walker and wobbles I know first hand how nice the extra space can be. She has no interest in sititng out on a balcony, and I too find I rarely sit out, too hot, too windy, too dark at night to read .. so we like OVs for that reason.

A suite would sure be a nice treat for your mom. I hope you both enjoy it.

Previous posters are correct....the only perk on Carnival that comes with the Suite is VIP embarkation and in my experience debarkation as well.

That said.....I DID NOT choose a suite for the perks....I chose it for the larger cabin, larger bathroom, jacuzzi tub, dressing area, extra closet space and larger balcony. Those were all perks enough for me since that was what I was paying for.

I also booked a Suite for a surprise for someone I was sailing with and I can tell you that I was so happy that I did it!!

And just as a side note....there are handicapped cabins that offer a special layout and bathroom if you need that without having to book a suite but if you want the extra's in a suite I personally think it is well worth it and very nice if you can do it!

Archived