Bar Credit Coupons

luv2gocruzin

On Carnival's website, you can purchase "Bar Credit Coupons." The Bar credit contains 4 coupons. "Each coupon is good for one drink not exceeding $5.75 gratuities included" it says.

Are their even drinks that price from the bar??

Does anyone have a copy of a bar menu?

Thanks!!!

i purchased a bunch of drink coupons before my last cruise.

beer was the only thing where i didnt have to pay extra. my S&S was full of charges for $1.75 - the overage amount. every now and then we had a bartender who wouldnt charge the full price.

if you order them, do they bring the coupons to the room the first day?

You get them in the dining room I believe. We had ATD and they gave them to us at the hostess stand the first night before we sat down to dinner.

Most beer and some mixed drinks (a few anyway) are covered. I believe I had Malibu and pineapple juice and it was covered by the ticket. But I mostly got frozen drinks and paid the extra on my SS card. It made the bill smaller.

The only drinks we got for $5.75 were beer and if I remember right most DODs - assuming you don't buy it in a speciality container, like the monkey's head.

We also had a bunch of $1.75 charges on our S&S account which made our final bill much less than it would've been. A few times the bartender didn't charge the difference for more expensive drinks, or sometimes asked for two drink tickets in exchange to make up the difference (which really isn't cost effective for you). When I bought them they were $23.00 for a set of four tix.

The only thing we didn't like about using these was always having to keep track of them and/or carry them with us on board. Too bad they can't attach them to your S&S card somehow. But I will be buying more for our next cruise!

I think ordinary sized "well drinks", some drinks of the day NOT in the special container, some beers (mainly your domestics and maybe some like the Corona etc but not the "speciality" brews)...will be in the $5.75 range (you MAY have to pay for tip). Getting the drinks directly at the bar seem to take the "coupon" for the whole amount vrs the added fee. Then too we often get to know a waiter or bartender a bit. If they know you tip "anyway" they sometimes just waive the extra. Again it's all up to the server.

The drink COUPONS are just that. They are COUPONS. They actually just discount the drinks. Meh...:rolleyes: It's a nice thing if you want to lessen the shock of the cruise bar bill. I like to have much paid off prior to the cruise so I don't owe as much. But that's just ME. I wouldn't go super "crazy" on them but a few is nice. My hubby and I had the problem of always forgetting them in the room. They make nice gifts.

DH and I used drink coupons we got as wedding gifts on our honeymoon cruise. They were delivered to us right at our table in the MDR on the first night. She had me sign for them. You get little pieces of paper in your cabin alerting you that you got drink coupons and that they will be delivered to you in the MDR. We loved paying $1.75 of our own money for our beloved frosty, alcoholic drinks. My favorite was the mocha chocolate getaway!

Drool! ;)

600828_10150959916309721_1645946428_n.jpg

What am I missing here? You pay $23 for 4 of them each valued at $5.75 so there is no extra value in them. Then you apply them against a drink and either pay the difference or break even. I don't see the benefit.

If you get them as gifts, or purchase them in advance to lessen your final S&S bill, that is considered a benefit to some (myself included :))

What am I missing here? You pay $23 for 4 of them each valued at $5.75 so there is no extra value in them. Then you apply them against a drink and either pay the difference or break even. I don't see the benefit.

The tips are already in the $5.75 drink coupon - you will only pay gratuity on the amount that is over the $5.75.

What you are missing is that the gratuity is included in the drink coupons. It breaks down like this:

Drink without coupon:

$5.75

+ .86 (15% tip)

$6.61 total price per drink

Drink bought with drink coupon:

$5.75

.00 ( tip is included in drink coupon)

$5.75 total price for drink

So you do save a total of 86 cents for a drink that is bought with the drink coupon. If you buy a drink that costs extra...such as a Fosters beer that is $6.75 then you pay the $1.00 difference and the tip of 15% on the $1.00 for a total of $1.15 charged to your S & S card.

What you are missing is that the gratuity is included in the drink coupons. It breaks down like this:

Drink without coupon:

$5.75

+ .86 (15% tip)

$5.75

So you do save a total of 86 cents for a drink that is bought with the drink coupon. If you buy a drink that costs extra...such as a Fosters beer that is $6.75 then you pay the $1.00 difference and the tip of 15% on the $1.00 for a total of $1.15 charged to your S & S card.

In addition, MY personal benefit is that I am going to personally buy some as a gift for my hubby from my personal spending acct that won't have to come out of our joint vacation acct when we sail in September. And he will be surprised to get them! Just a little "I love you" from me to him..............

Ok. I stumbled on an Outdoor Bar Menu and looked at the prices. Except for beer, everything else was in excess of $7. So there will always be additional charges onto your S&S? I think I read somewhere that there are smaller glasses (and therefore lower prices) but the menu doesn't indicate this.

In addition, MY personal benefit is that I am going to personally buy some as a gift for my hubby from my personal spending acct that won't have to come out of our joint vacation acct when we sail in September. And he will be surprised to get them! Just a little "I love you" from me to him..............

Awwwww....that's so sweet.

Drink without coupon:

$5.75

+ .86 (15% tip)

$5.75

Thanks for the clarification.

Ok. I stumbled on an Outdoor Bar Menu and looked at the prices. Except for beer, everything else was in excess of $7. So there will always be additional charges onto your S&S? I think I read somewhere that there are smaller glasses (and therefore lower prices) but the menu doesn't indicate this.

Drinks like pineapple juice and vodka or a rum and coke are 5.75 I believe.

All the frozen drinks and classic cocktails are more. As well as top shelf alcohol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about a glass of wine? How much is wine by the glass and could you use a drink coupon for that? Thanks, m--

im not sure about wine by glass, i am almost positive it is pricier then the coupon, leaving you to pay the difference.

i do know you can trade in a sheet of coupons (all 4) for a bottle of wine though!

Drinks like pineapple juice and vodka or a rum and coke are 5.75 I believe.

All the frozen drinks and classic cocktails are more. As well as top shelf alcohol.

Oh that's great. Hubby loves rum and coke, so this will be perfect! I like them as well, so maybe I'll buy even more coupons :)

Archived