Bar Credit Coupons

luv2gocruzin

What you are missing is that the gratuity is included in the drink coupons. It breaks down like this:

Drink without coupon:

$5.75

+ .86 (15% tip)

$6.61 total price per drink

Drink bought with drink coupon:

$5.75

.00 ( tip is included in drink coupon)

$5.75 total price for drink

So you do save a total of 86 cents for a drink that is bought with the drink coupon. If you buy a drink that costs extra...such as a Fosters beer that is $6.75 then you pay the $1.00 difference and the tip of 15% on the $1.00 for a total of $1.15 charged to your S & S card.

Thanks for the reply. Not worth the trouble for .86/drink.

on a side note. why would people want to pay things up front? (tip, coupons) What if you end up not being able to go or lose the coupons? Why not just keep the money in your bank account until it comes due. (if charged on a cc, you dont have to pay it until up to a month after returning from the curise)

Ok. I stumbled on an Outdoor Bar Menu and looked at the prices. Except for beer, everything else was in excess of $7. So there will always be additional charges onto your S&S? I think I read somewhere that there are smaller glasses (and therefore lower prices) but the menu doesn't indicate this.

The glasses contain the same volume of liquid. They are shaped differently.

When the Hurricane glasses were being used we were able to verify that the Hurricane and the regular lido plastic glass were the same volume.

(Yes, we measured!)

on a side note. why would people want to pay things up front? (tip, coupons) What if you end up not being able to go or lose the coupons? Why not just keep the money in your bank account until it comes due. (if charged on a cc, you dont have to pay it until up to a month after returning from the curise)

It's my understanding that drink coupons never expire and can be used on any Carnival ship at any time, please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

It's really a personal preference. Some people like to have as much paid up front as possible and/or like to pay for parts of their vacation a little bit at a time up until sail away, and some people like to pay for everything when the bill comes at the end of the cruise.

DH and I

Forgive me but what does dh mean?

I believe that means "dear husband"

I

Your choice, do what's best for you.

DH and I

Forgive me but what does dh mean?

Dearest husband I think.

Sorry wannago35, I seem to have repeated everything you said -)

What am I missing here? You pay $23 for 4 of them each valued at $5.75 so there is no extra value in them. Then you apply them against a drink and either pay the difference or break even. I don't see the benefit.

In answer to both...it's really just a personal choice to pre-pay a small portion of the cruise (there's no way around a sign and sail bill at the end), I wouldn't go "CRAZY" buying them but a book or two would definately be used on a 7 day trip (heck we'd finish them in the first couple of hours) but on an even bigger note...if you have a close friend or family member going...they make a nice little gift. Kinda like buying the first round if you were there.:)

• 3 weeks later...
The only drinks we got for $5.75 were beer and if I remember right most DODs - assuming you don't buy it in a speciality container, like the monkey's head.

We also had a bunch of $1.75 charges on our S&S account which made our final bill much less than it would've been. A few times the bartender didn't charge the difference for more expensive drinks, or sometimes asked for two drink tickets in exchange to make up the difference (which really isn't cost effective for you). When I bought them they were $23.00 for a set of four tix.

The only thing we didn't like about using these was always having to keep track of them and/or carry them with us on board. Too bad they can't attach them to your S&S card somehow. But I will be buying more for our next cruise!

Great suggestion to link them to the S&S card! Do you think you get smaller glasses, smaller drinks if you use coupons?

I marked down Anytime Dining but we usually do buffet. We will be on the Breeze in Dec.

How do we get our coupons?

Why don't you go to the MDR? Maybe the maitre 'd will have them at the desk.

What about if you go to the Steakhouse the first night?

The tips are already in the $5.75 drink coupon - you will only pay gratuity on the amount that is over the $5.75.

Do you have to show the coupon first? If you don't the charge slip would be at the regular price and you'd sign for the wrong amount.

We bought 2 sets for our upcoming cruise just to prepay some of the expense but I have a question too. I keep reading about smaller glasses being $5.75 but how do you order the smaller glasses? I would feel stupid saying i want the $5.75 size, so I thought i would see how you order them. Also, how if it unusual to not be charged the difference, about how often do you think that would happen on a 7 night cruise?

What about a glass of wine? How much is wine by the glass and could you use a drink coupon for that? Thanks, m--

I only purchase these for the wine I drink in the MDR. I have never been charged more. I have found it difficult to remember them when I am on deck so I only purchase enough now for when I am eating in the MDR.

I brought a couple for me and my BF for our up coming cruise. We are not big drinkers. I figure since I will be celebrating my birthday on the cruise, I can have a drink are two. Mostly the frozen kind.

Archived