guarantee cabin question

Usually the quarantee offer is only for two people (because they can be assigned any cabin on the ship). Once in a while, you might see a guarantee for a triple or quad, but that's very rare because that severely limits the cabins they can be assigned to. (I've only seen it offered for triple/quad once)

I was recently looking at an Alaskan cruise and they had guarantee rooms for 3 and one of them was a family ocean view, so that would have been lots of room! I think it's quite rare to see and I have never seen one for a med/Europe cruise which is a real shame as there is 3 of us most times.

We have recently booked two gtee ocean view staterooms for our family of 5. One stateroom has 3 and the other has 2. This is for the 28th July sailing on Independence of the Seas around the Med. It wasn't available when. Were first looking but my husband insisted on still looking and to our surprise a stateroom for 3 did turn up. We have since looked for another on the same sailing just out of interest and they are now not available. Think we were just very lucky.

My advice would be to keep looking. It paid off for us.

Allure & Oasis class is your best chance at finding a guarantee for 3 or 4. We recently did one for 3 on the Allure and even my TA was shocked. I have seen it offered quite a few times on the Oasis class. They were offering it on regular balcony cabins as well, not just a suite guarantee.

BonVoyage

Dawna

We have recently booked two gtee ocean view staterooms for our family of 5. One stateroom has 3 and the other has 2. This is for the 28th July sailing on Independence of the Seas around the Med. It wasn't available when. Were first looking but my husband insisted on still looking and to our surprise a stateroom for 3 did turn up. We have since looked for another on the same sailing just out of interest and they are now not available. Think we were just very lucky.

Looking is key, mine would be there one day then not the next but then again a few days later. Our cabin was also assigned before final payment too.

BonVoyage

Dawna

That's really good then- I will have to check a bit more, even thou DH thinks I do enough already! I wonder if you would get them for more last minute deals?

Archived