1-way Beijing to Denver - Which airline?

Denverite

I can't book tickets until November this year for October next year, but I have been checking out various flights. I have enough United Airline points to book business or first class only using the standard saver (60,000 or 70,000 points per ticket) so need to stay with United or one of the partner airlines. There are tons of options Beijing to Denver but seems like very few options for business tickets as availability runs out quickly or you have to use the higher number of points (150,000 per ticket). We will probably take whatever we can get, but I am interested in the following airlines: China Airlines, Asiana, ANA All Nippon and Qatar--all United partners and having various flights. We would like to fly on a Thursday (Oct. 10, 2013). I can figure out which flights are available once they come up, but just wondered if any of the above airlines are good/bad/okay/definitely don't fly, etc. Thanks.

Asiana and ANA win hands down, service and comfort wise. Qatar is way out of your way...Denver to China via Qatar seems like a waste. United and Air Canada are fine, perk being that UA should have their DEN-Tokyo nonstop operating by then. Air China would be my last choice.

Asiana and ANA win hands down, service and comfort wise. Qatar is way out of your way...Denver to China via Qatar seems like a waste. United and Air Canada are fine, perk being that UA should have their DEN-Tokyo nonstop operating by then. Air China would be my last choice.

Thank you! I knew Qatar would be 34 hours (and I think I read that United may be severing its ties with Qatar). I don't think the direct Tokyo-DEN flight is a daily flight but will definitely check on that one when the time comes. Thank you again! I appreciate the feedback.

Thank you! I knew Qatar would be 34 hours (and I think I read that United may be severing its ties with Qatar).

This is true, and Qatar won't be an option for you:

Our MileagePlus® partnership with Qatar Airways will terminate on September 14, 2012

Agree, to get a business class ticket, you may just have to take what you can get. Sometimes, it's much easier to find F than business for award tickets. You can only book saver (not standard) award tickets if you are booking on another carrier.

Archived