Disembarkation Process- Canada Place

AKBound2012

There is definitely a process. You don't turn around a ship, moving thousands of people and their bags, clearing all the governmental procedures, and resupplying the ship, without a process. The cruise lines have only been doing it for decades.

You should be fine. Just make sure, when asked, that the ship personnel know your schedule.

Last August we left the Volendam at Canada Place at 8:30 which was our allotted time. We arrived at the airport (in a taxi) at 9:30. I remember waiting in the Explorer's Cafe for our 8:30 time so we didn't "jump" the line or anything.

Leave the ship and line up for immigration. Pass immigration and find your bags, get your bags and then onto the transportation - in our case a taxi - and even in Wednesday morning rush hour traffic the whole process took less than an hour.:)

The Quick Shuttle boarding area is in the parking area as you exit customs in Canada Place so that's easy. However, there's always the chance of a later disembarkation due to many factors, one being a later arrival. I took a 10:15 am Quick Shuttle several years ago and perhaps could have made the earlier one. Just have a Plan B ready... what's the policy with Quick Shuttle in case you miss the 9:00 bus?

I did call Quick Shuttle after reading your replies and was assured that if we "missed" the 9 am bus we have reservations for we would be assigned the next bus. Which is not an ideal situation since it has stops in Vancouver on the way to Seattle. I guess we just need to be sure to be off that boat as soon as possible.

Thanks for the help.

Archived