Airport to Civitavecchia/Ship Boarding Questions

bv0725

Well, good for you. You shlep if that's what makes you feel warm and fuzzy. Some folks don't like to do the train and might not be as Europe savvy as you or me. I just provided my recommendation, and the OP can make up his/her own mind. Isn't that what these boards are for?

The OP started the thread but others who might have the same question also read it. Some of these folks aren't 30, or 40, or 50, or 60. Some might be 70, as I will in a few months. Some might have mobility difficulties. Some might want to save some money. Some might be afraid to go it alone.The more options presented with advantages and disadvantages of each option can only lead to a more informed decision. I appreciate all helpful posts.

Excuse my butting in here (not yet having done a Celebrity cruise, but having done 24 with Royal Caribbean) but are you sure the transfer isn't till 1.30pm? On the odd occasion we've taken the cruiseline transfer, the buses start at 9.30am and leave the airport regularly as they fill up. Sailing from Civitavecchia, this is a real advantage. I thought the latest flight arrival time to be able to book the transfer bus was 1.30pm? Maybe somebody else can jump in here to clarify?

Well, good for you. You shlep if that's what makes you feel warm and fuzzy. Some folks don't like to do the train and might not be as Europe savvy as you or me. I just provided my recommendation, and the OP can make up his/her own mind. Isn't that what these boards are for?
Yes I also provided my opinion/recommendation is that OK with you? BTY do your remarks "make you feel warm and fuzzy."

Yes I also provided my opinion/recommendation is that OK with you? BTY do your remarks "make you feel warm and fuzzy."

Lighten up I'm only having fun.

Excuse my butting in here (not yet having done a Celebrity cruise, but having done 24 with Royal Caribbean) but are you sure the transfer isn't till 1.30pm? On the odd occasion we've taken the cruiseline transfer, the buses start at 9.30am and leave the airport regularly as they fill up. Sailing from Civitavecchia, this is a real advantage. I thought the latest flight arrival time to be able to book the transfer bus was 1.30pm? Maybe somebody else can jump in here to clarify?

When I go under my reservation and click on the airport transfer link that we had booked- it states airport pick up is 1:30 pm. Does anyone else have any experience with this? I thought that meant they would pick us up at 1:30 pm and I really don't want to hang out at the airport waiting for 1:30 to come around.

Archived