Tour Guide Advice from Falmouth

luvstwocruise

Ok, Im really not thrilled abt going back to Jamaica. We were there in 2011 but in February 2013 we are returning on the Allure with a group of 20 friends. We did DRF 2x but for the sake of the group we would go again, because it is fun. My problems we arrive in Falmouth Not Ocho Rios this time and from what I understand it takes 2.5hr to get to the fall, so 5 hrs traveling time!! I dont want to horse back ride, for raft down the river. What are your suggestions the age for the majority of the group is mid 20's..only 4, 50 year olds. Which tour guide do you recommend? We use Peat Taylor the other times we were there but I dont think he picks up tours out of Falmouth... Really need help! Thanks

Just got back from Falmouth, you are wrong about time to get to ocho. It is only a 45 minute ride and it is beautiful, we booked a tour thru Yardie Tours and it was only us and another couple so basically a private tour. After we completed our planned excursion the guide drove us around doing whatever we wanted. In this case we wanted to eat Jerk and try a some fresh Jelly Coconut. Since there was no ships in Ocho that day the town was not full of aggresive vendors and we got to see what Jamaica is like for all of it beauty. It was the most relaxing memorable day I have experienced in a long time.

The driver even took us around and showed us Mick Jagger house and drove up Shaw Hill to see the 500 year old tree that has roots that grow from the upper branches to the ground. It was a crazy looking thing.

In the end it was a great $140 investment to get away from the cruise crowd for the day.

Just got back from Falmouth, you are wrong about time to get to ocho. It is only a 45 minute ride and it is beautiful, we booked a tour thru Yardie Tours and it was only us and another couple so basically a private tour. After we completed our planned excursion the guide drove us around doing whatever we wanted. In this case we wanted to eat Jerk and try a some fresh Jelly Coconut. Since there was no ships in Ocho that day the town was not full of aggresive vendors and we got to see what Jamaica is like for all of it beauty. It was the most relaxing memorable day I have experienced in a long time.

The driver even took us around and showed us Mick Jagger house and drove up Shaw Hill to see the 500 year old tree that has roots that grow from the upper branches to the ground. It was a crazy looking thing.

In the end it was a great $140 investment to get away from the cruise crowd for the day.

Your not kidding I was wrong!!! Thanks that makes a world of a difference...

We used Mark Morris last Thanksgiving. He was excellent. He will customize the tour to include whatever you would like to do. Our adult children have booked with him several times and have always been satisfied.

Archived