Dolphins, Monkeys and Stingrays Oh My! A June 10 Legend Review

KRW71

I'm loving your review!! Krista, you look great in a bathing suit! I'm almost 41 and I don't look so good:(!

I love the black dress you are wearing on the first elegant night! Where did you get it?? Since I live in Atlanta, I don't think you need to worry about me wearing it the same time you do!:D

I'm loving your review!! Krista, you look great in a bathing suit! I'm almost 41 and I don't look so good:(!

I love the black dress you are wearing on the first elegant night! Where did you get it?? Since I live in Atlanta, I don't think you need to worry about me wearing it the same time you do!:D

Thank you so much. I just got a Tummy tuck and put on a bikini for the 1st time in my life for this cruise. I got both of my dresses at Macy's.

cruise2012602-1.jpg

cruise2012598-1.jpg

yes that is a tux on my nephew. The other nephew is a bit more casual. Oh well at least it was not shorts on elegant night. lol

cruise2012596-1.jpg

cruise2012595-1.jpg

cruise2012593.jpg

All of you look good, but the nephew in the tux looks fantastic. A guy can never go wrong in a dark suit or tux.

Friday was Grand Cayman. My son, Nathan took one look and said “If I got left behind on any island, this is the one that I would want”.

cruise2012117.jpg

cruise2012118.jpg

We scheduled stingray sailing for the day. Our tour began with a short drive to Chip’s boat. There were 19 people in the tour and plenty of room on the catamaran.

cruise2012131.jpg

cruise2012125.jpg

Our 1st stop was to stingray city. We had plenty of time in the shallow water with the rays. They swim right up to you and all around. Chip provided food for us to feed the rays. It is a weird feeling to have them swim over your hand and suck the food out. Sawyer, of course would not get in the water with the rays and did not want me to be in them either. Whomever said it was the terrible 2s must not of lived with a 3 year old yet.

02_0A.jpg

06_4A.jpg

After our time visit to the stingrays, we motored over to our 1st snorkel stop. We geared up and got in to explore the beautiful coral and fish. My hubby does not like deep water so he stayed on the boat with Sawyer. It was beautiful under the sea. This was my 1st time snorkeling for real. I loved it. I just wish that I could see to work my camera properly. I wear glasses and got new nails for the trip. So I could not see the screen to see if I was recording or not and the nails made it difficult to operate the buttons. So I got 0 pictures of my snorkel adventure. I did “borrow” some off the internet from the same location. I drifted with the current and soon found myself kind of surrounded by coral and a bit away from the boat. The current was getting stronger so I hurried and swam back and then the waves started to go up and over my snorkel. Got back and yep a storm was brewing and our trip would be cut short. No 2nd snorkel stop no sails. We made it safely back to the port and did some looking around the shops and had a very expensive drink at a little bar there. I loved this tour and would recommend it to those going to Grand Cayman. It just would of been nice to get the whole experience.

Later some of us went to the show. The kids played games, cards, explored the ship till about 11 or 12. SIL watched Sawyer for us. Lisa does not like shows, lots of people or loudness. Is she really related to my hubby? We all enjoyed the show and the free drinks they hand out during it.

Just seeing if you were paying attention Ha Ha.

Too funny!

Love the review and the pictures... you have made some fantastic memories for your family. I love the bathing suit that you are wearing in Roatan... thanks for the review. We sail the Legend with our two boys on August 19th... can't wait.

Still very much enjoying your review. Great pictures!

One thing my parenting group used to say is "Three year olds (especially 3.5 year olds) are demented and it isn't your fault." Two year olds are a breeze compared to three year olds!

Saturday was a fun day at sea. Sawyer was a little slow to get up and going but he eventually did. We ate breakfast and lunch at the buffet. I wanted a monkey head cup but they did not have any left. They said they were gone before 11am. Oh well maybe next time.

We hung out at the pool, went down the slide and my hubby tried to hula hoop. Sawyer’s favorite spot was the hot tub.

2011_1111lisa0034-1.jpg

Yes kids enjoyed the hot tub too. One time a man had to tell some rambunctious 8-10 year olds to stop the horse play in the hot tub, He wasn’t rude to them just reminded them of the rules. They calmed down after that. Those were not my kids or nephews.

Sawyer liked to put his head under water in the hot tub. This was a big deal because in his swim classes just before the cruise he did not like to do this. So If you want your 3 year old to be a better swimmer, take them on a cruise.

My SIl and her SO saw the ice carving show

IceSculpting12.jpg

and the twins and their cousins were all over. They went to

the towel folding demo, played games, went to the pool, had way too many ice cream cones.

2011_1111lisa0029.jpg

cruise2012572.jpg/IMG]

Just another note my 12 year old twins were with cousins that are adults and at time aunts and uncles. So it was not like they were without adult supervision all the time. My niece, who is 21 spent some time with me and my hubby while Sawyer spent time with grandma, poppy and SIL. Most of my in-laws do not drink, at all, The only ones that drank with us were my mom and SD, and niece. We took turns buying rounds (her dad paid for her SS card bill) pretty soon we were feeling pretty good. I only drink on vacation so I am a lightweight. After all the fun in the sun out on the Lido deck, it was time to round up all the kids and get them ready for dinner.

Still very much enjoying your review. Great pictures!

One thing my parenting group used to say is "Three year olds (especially 3.5 year olds) are demented and it isn't your fault." Two year olds are a breeze compared to three year olds!

thanks and that is so true about 3 year olds. Ithink they are all bipolar. Sweet and oh-so-cute, then a holy terror.

Love the review and the pictures... you have made some fantastic memories for your family. I love the bathing suit that you are wearing in Roatan... thanks for the review. We sail the Legend with our two boys on August 19th... can't wait.

thank you. you will have a great time.

cruise2012639.jpg

cruise2012166-1.jpg

Dinner the last night was bitter sweet. When the waiters sang their goodbye song, my son, Austin, cried and said he didn’t want to leave. He wanted to book another cruise on the same ship with Joey as our waiter and Melvin as our room steward. He was sad till we got home.

cruise2012649.jpg

cruise2012246.jpg

cruise2012653-1.jpg

That night we saw the Legends show. It was OK. I give all the people in it a lot of kudos because it takes a lot of courage to get up there and do that.

We had to pack everything up that day and have our bags out that night. Well I had a dream that I forgot a bag under the bed. So when I woke up, I thought maybe I should take another look. Low and behold there was another bag there that I had forgotten.

Archived